Access Community Health Center
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Access Community Health Center Employee Review

supportive management

31 January 2014
I drove my vehicle to client’s homes where I performed domestic assistance. My work involved general maintenance and hygiene of the client's home. Duties included changing bed linen, dusting, washing and hanging out washing, cleaning floors, bathroom and toilet areas. I also did shopping for clients as required. I assisted a client to shower.
I developed excellent time management skills as I completed duties in the time allowed. I learnt many necessary skills while training for the National Certificate of Health, Disability and Aged Support (Foundation Skills) Level 2. This enabled me to become more assertive when dealing with demanding or difficult behaviour and led to positive outcomes for my clients. I worked independently and developed excellent problem solving skills. The best part of the job was making a difference for my clients. I had regular contact with my clients and got to know them well. I enjoyed talking and listening to them
Pros
provide training
18 November 2019
Same role
Support Worker (Current Employee) - Lower Hutt, Wellington
You learn so much with Access and the clients that you care for. I recommend going for high needs clients as you learn so much. If you ever want to do nursing or become a doctor start here as it covers a wide range of clients from all walks of life and you can study levels 2-4 while working with Access then study for one to two years and become a registered nurse. A career path worth taking
10 November 2019
Same roleSame location
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) - Timaru, Canterbury
Great working team. Management are very supportive and friendly. Working involves trust and confidence. One thing I've learnt about the job is to be patient and calm at any time in any circumstances. Livable wage, but the only hardest part about the job is using your own vehicle to get to places. The easiest part about the job is having great conversations with clients.
31 January 2014
Same roleSame location
Support Worker (Former Employee) - Timaru
I drove my own vehicle to my clients homes where I peformed domestic assistance. My work involved general maintenance and hygiene of the client's home. Duties included changing bed linen, dusting, washing and hanging out washing, cleaning floors, bathroom and toilet areas. Shopping for clients as required. Assisted one client with shower.
I developed excellent time management skills as I completed duties in the time allowed. I learnt many necessary skills while training for the National Certificate of Health, Disability and Aged Support (Foundation Skills) Level 2. This enabled me to become more assertive when dealing with difficult behaviour which led to positive outcomes for my clients. I worked independently and developed excellent problem solving skills. The best part of the job was making a difference for my clients. I had regular contact with my clients and got to know them well. I enjoyed talking and listening to them.
Pros
Work independently with miminum supervision.