Access Community Health Center
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Access Community Health Center Employee Review

Very stressful environment

28 December 2017
Poorly Managed. Service delivery often not met as not enough support taff to do the role effectively. Alot of staff left due to the stress of the job.
6 November 2019
Same role
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) - Auckland, Auckland
I missed working with support workers guiding them through day to day routine which helped me gained more attentive skills we created good bond which I believe is essential for Access. Reassuring the safety for everyone involved which help and ease up every care for every client. Helping everyone to achieve their goals was my main focus. Putting a smile on clients face gives me great satisfaction.
25 April 2017
Same location
Personal Home Care Worker (Former Employee) - Dunedin, Otago
My role was enjoyable until Access Homehealth took over the client contracts that were initially held by Home Support Services Otago. Support workers went from having monthly meetings to only having one cramped meeting in a whole year that felt rushed and hostile. I was told that we would never get a pay rise. None of the workers in our area felt valued however I do believe that my experience can't be a representation of the entire company as every office is different and it all comes down to management.
Pros
Community involvement, lovely clients
Cons
Poor management, company expanded too quickly, lack of value toward workers
25 February 2020
National Coordinator (Current Employee) - Lower Hutt, Wellington
Not enough staff support .low pay under living wage and no empathy from management .need more staff need more support need a work life balance . Feels like you at high school and someone is always on your back