Access Community Health Center
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Access Community Health Center Employee Reviews

I missed working with support workers guiding them through day to day routine which helped me gained more attentive skills we created good bond which I believe is essential for Access. Reassuring the safety for everyone involved which help and ease up every care for every client. Helping everyone to achieve their goals was my main focus.
Putting a smile on clients face gives me great satisfaction.
Worst experience I ever had. I had a horrible experience. Never got a raise or incentives as promised just more patient added daily. I was seeing at least 30 or more patients
Pros
Don’t work there
Cons
Don’t work there
AWESOME is a word that comes to mind, when working for Access! The leadership is top notch, and just amazing. Understanding and collaborative. Looking forward to my time here !
Not enough staff support .low pay under living wage and no empathy from management .need more staff need more support need a work life balance .

Feels like you at high school and someone is always on your back
You learn so much with Access and the clients that you care for. I recommend going for high needs clients as you learn so much. If you ever want to do nursing or become a doctor start here as it covers a wide range of clients from all walks of life and you can study levels 2-4 while working with Access then study for one to two years and become a registered nurse. A career path worth taking
Great working team. Management are very supportive and friendly. Working involves trust and confidence. One thing I've learnt about the job is to be patient and calm at any time in any circumstances. Livable wage, but the only hardest part about the job is using your own vehicle to get to places. The easiest part about the job is having great conversations with clients.
Under pay not enough hours holidays are a joke useless for people with young children and time off poor /no communication between management and staff and clients they don't care about you don't waste your time your better than that
Very good as a SW
The ava app they use for clocking in and out of each client is brilliant but as a coordinator very frustrating as SW can pick and choose jobs
I enjoyed my job at first. The doctors and PA's who work there for the most part are great..with the exception of one or two, who like to play games with people's life. There were two groups of people...those who roomed and those who worked the phone lines. The front desk people were very professional and did their jobs well. The manager of the clinic I worked at was very unprofessional, unpleasant, and unfair. People talked behind other people's backs, the manager had her favorites and if you were not one you might as well have a target on your back cause she was going to make stuff up to fire you. She was a horrible manager..not even an RN and had no management training...she got her spot because her husband worked in the main office. She was voted in???. What happened to being qualified for a position.
Pros
Access has a beautiful concept...and it's mission is something I will always believe in .
Cons
The clinic management was not professional when I was there.
Management is held accountable for fair, equitable decision making outcomes. Assistance is provided to enchanted continual growth and development for management and staff.
Pros
Need for continuous improvement is recognized
Cons
Need of more staff in certain areas
Great mission and hard working employees but very poor management and a toxic and blaming culture. The most enjoyable was seeing how passionate the front line staff was towards the mission.
The environment at access is very well put together. All staff members are treated fairly and all guest are treated with respect. Working at the program had given me the opportunity to work with kids and challenge myself sometimes.
It feels really good meeting different kinds of people daily and got opportunity to learn from working with elderly people. While working with Access Community Health, i came across various kinds of clients and it was my first step towards the health field in New Zealand.
Sometimes it was tough to handle the clients but working in a team provided additional support along with their family members.
The team was very close and charismatic The would treat all of the patients with respect and patience making sure all of the needs and questions were answered.
Mi dia tipico en La Villita puede ser que trabajes con un médico todo el dia o te asignan tareas administrativas dando servicio al cliente, en una clínica de alto volumen.

Asistiendo al médico con administraciones de vacunas e medicamentos orales/inyectables, ayudando con traducir entre paciente y médico. Tareas administrativas será dando las buenas venidas a los pacientes/visitantes y clientes que van entrando. Asistiendo los pacientes con citas, quejas, preguntas sobre fracturas y preguntas sobre sus referidos y recibiendo pagos de fracturas. Registrando pacientes y verificando seguros médicos.

Unas de las muchas cosas que aprendí es como manejar multi -tareas y mejorar la productividad en un ambiente de rápido ritmo. Aprendí hacer el cambio de récords de papel a registros electrónicos y introducir los datos a la nueva sistema electrónica.

Unas de las cosas que se me dificulto fue tener que lidiar con diferentes caracteres, aunque estando ayi por 12 años la cultura laboral fue cambiando al final. Siento que habia preferencia entre los empleados y se sentía que menos apreciaban a uno. Había conflictos entre un empleado con otro y no se sentía esa ética laboral

en el ambiente que supuesta debe de tener.

Lo que me gustaba trabajar en La Villita fue el ambiente divertido al comenzar que es lo que me mantuvo ahí por tantos años.

Al final de todo fue una experiencia inolvidable y estoy agradecida por la oportunidad y la gran experiencia que me llevo de ese lugar.
Pros
Seguro médico privado, horas de vacaciones adicionales cada quincena y bonos.
Cons
Hay días que está tan ocupados que no llegas a tomar tu hora entera de descanso.
It was a good place to work. However, it did had some management concerns, but over all was OK. Unfortunately the company was closed due to senior level management problems.
Company has very good benefits for employees. Management is focused on encouraging diversity and inclusivity within the organization. Really enjoyed working at Access!
Pros
Paid lunch breaks
Cons
Inconsistent enforcing guidelines in handbook
I have been with Access for several years, in two different roles. The organization is completely committed to their mission of improving the health and improving the lives of their patients.
It was my first job as a MA poor management. The doctor was awesome and showed me a lot of things. Poor team work and staff was not very helpful with being ateam.
The last years of my employment with Access were not good due to mismanagement; prior to this I truly enjoyed my duties and the time spent with my co-workers and clients.
Access is truly focused on providing high quality patient care for all patients regardless on ability to pay. Dedicated leadership very focused on its leaders.