Accident Compensation Corporation
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Accident Compensation Corporation Employee Reviews

New Zealand43 reviews
I enjoy working for ACC and would like to continue to build on my knowledge in various roles within the company. Within case management roles it can be face-paced and personal career development is compromised due to not having time to step aside from BAU work.
New changes causing issues with all staff . It appears Management is uncaring and treating people like children.Work is fine and challenging though. Idea area where the Building is in Hamilton and we have parking which is good although that will change when we go into town.
Pros
good people (base workers)
Cons
stressful at times
The client was hard to work with and I feel ACC should have been involved in working with this client more often. The involvement was helpful and made an improvment.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Client behaviour
I thoroughly enjoyed my time there because i have had to be very professional in handling cases and work on a daily basis. everyone was supportive even the bosses and the most enjoyable part of a days work is getting with the work that is what makes life at the workplace enjoyable.
One needs to be passionate about people's safety, privacy and well being. Its not only the individual life you are managing but the entire whanau (family).
High volume of data entry. Inhouse training by different staff which all not on the same page which reflects unfairness & impacts on set target rates. Management nice at first however later, not transparent, have their "own favourites" amongst staff members. This department works around individuals not "team work" as they say. Some staff & manager have bullish behaviour, not surprised as at the time lots of redundancies happening. Staff worried about there jobs, no career development within department. Everyone worked with their heads down, not much chitter chatter which shows staff morale very low. Really enjoyed the work, meeting staff but glad not working there, pay was pathetic. Not a lot of happy staff and it shows.
I don't know. This is not the best to make us write a review for a company that I have only worked for less than a month. Please remove this as mandatory .
ACC looks after the health and wellbeing of its staff, Everyday is a different day especially when dealing with different communities, I learnt community development, relationship and stakeholder management. ACC is highly professional outfit
A very friendly and supportive workplace. Well managed and flexible. Supporting public health is a rewarding job. Also, the staff are helpful and very welcoming.
A typical day at work was very busy and the productivity is high and great quality result-driven. What I learned from ACC is worked hard and team collaborative. Sharing knowledge with each other and celebrate success and having fun together as a team. Great workplace culture. Have a great understanding of different cultures and respects the individual cultures.
Always paid good wages when assessed and were reliable when i needed their assistance on many things. always had work for me and listened very intently when issues did arise.
Good team spirit, no heirarchy between management and staff. Ongoing coaching catchup twice yearly. Appreciated for all the hard work contributed to the company.
Pros
Free lunches and team bonding events.
Cons
Limited opportunity for advancement.
ACC had many job opportunities to move around once you were in the company. Management is amazing and is there for their employees whenever needed. Great culture.
Good place difficult work, excellent management and career advancement opportunities and good pay, Day to day work involved working with difficult clients
Good Employer, • Provides needs-based service to people with high risk and serious injury, in order to achieve the best possible outcome and durable independence.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
long hours may be needed to stay on top of work load.
Very busy company and having high volume of work. ACC helps clients to get better for their injuries and to help them to get back to their work force.
Pros
Flexi Hours
Cons
Threat from risky clients
Answering letter correspondence (levy resolution) and levy administration. Made good friends over the years. Flexible working hours. Culture ebbed and flowed; can be very good, then can be quite negative at times.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
People not managed well in transition of restructure
Top of the line organisation. Passionate of its role in preventing injuries in New Zealand. Very positive and friendly work atmosphere. Regular training across a variety of programs--from Health & Safety, to audits, to Train the Trainer, Gaining Agreement... Enjoyed a variety of roles across my 11 years with the organisation.
Pros
Very positive for employee health & wellbeing
I worked as part of the Surgical Assessment Team. We had weekly meetings to discuss to team progress and any problems that anyone was facing for needed assistance with. It was very difficult in the manner that you often had to deny benefits to some clients that you felt were deserving. You work by a very strict set of rules and must follow them exactly, as this is the county's Universal Healthcare System. You must be a 'people' person to do this position and be super successful.
Pros
Work as part of team.
Cons
Get yelled at by clients.
I learned much about managing a large work-load, setting daily and weekly targets, and managing a large case-load. One of the most rewarding learning opportunities, and the Flexi-time gave opportunities to ensure a decent work-life balance.
Pros
Flexi-time, great training
Cons
Salary low
Good place to work. Great pay, excellent benefits, multiple opportunities for promotion. Which is also the downside, inexperienced team leaders and management.