Accident Compensation Corporation Employee Reviews

Great Company
Product Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington27 November 2018
ACC had many job opportunities to move around once you were in the company. Management is amazing and is there for their employees whenever needed. Great culture.
Good place difficult work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dunedin New Zealand17 September 2018
Good place difficult work, excellent management and career advancement opportunities and good pay, Day to day work involved working with difficult clients
good employer
Rehabilitation Claims Manager (Current Employee) –  Auckland13 May 2018
Good Employer,

• Provides needs-based service to people with high risk and serious injury, in order to achieve the best possible outcome and durable independence.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
long hours may be needed to stay on top of work load.
Customer centric
Claims Officer Entitlements (Current Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland28 April 2018
Very busy company and having high volume of work. ACC helps clients to get better for their injuries and to help them to get back to their work force.
Pros
Flexi Hours
Cons
Threat from risky clients
An OK place to work
Levy Resolution Officer, ACC (Current Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington26 March 2018
Answering letter correspondence (levy resolution) and levy administration.

Made good friends over the years. Flexible working hours.

Culture ebbed and flowed; can be very good, then can be quite negative at times.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
People not managed well in transition of restructure
A professional organisation with a noble mission
Top of the line organisation.
Passionate of its role in preventing injuries in New Zealand.
Very positive and friendly work atmosphere.
Regular training across a variety of programs--from Health & Safety, to audits, to Train the Trainer, Gaining Agreement...
Enjoyed a variety of roles across my 11 years with the organisation.
Pros
Very positive for employee health & wellbeing
Overall, a great place to work.
Claims Officer/Surgical Assessment Team (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, Otago8 February 2018
I worked as part of the Surgical Assessment Team. We had weekly meetings to discuss to team progress and any problems that anyone was facing for needed assistance with. It was very difficult in the manner that you often had to deny benefits to some clients that you felt were deserving. You work by a very strict set of rules and must follow them exactly, as this is the county's Universal Healthcare System. You must be a 'people' person to do this position and be super successful.
Pros
Work as part of team.
Cons
Get yelled at by clients.
Wonderful learning opportunity
Temp (Former Employee) –  Auckland Central, Auckland8 January 2018
I learned much about managing a large work-load, setting daily and weekly targets, and managing a large case-load.

One of the most rewarding learning opportunities, and the Flexi-time gave opportunities to ensure a decent work-life balance.
Pros
Flexi-time, great training
Cons
Salary low
Claims Officer
Claims Officer (Former Employee) –  New Zealand27 August 2017
Good place to work. Great pay, excellent benefits, multiple opportunities for promotion. Which is also the downside, inexperienced team leaders and management.
Poor IT department
Contract Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wellington Central, Wellington28 April 2017
As a contract test analyst, I found comparatively the culture and management in IT at ACC to be poor, with managers seemingly having little or no actual understanding of technology nor current IT practices. Pay meets the market rate and extensions in contract frequent.
Pros
Pay Market Rate
Cons
Poor IT management
Busy but friendly environment
Information Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington7 February 2017
Typical day is busy but friendly
I leaned team spirit skills and how to be productive and enjoy busy work

Work culture - work hard and take a break
Pros
Busy schedules
Cons
Not allowed to work overtime
Nice team
Temp Team Administrator (Current Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington2 February 2017
I am only a temp, i do not feel able to review the organisation... But my experience so far has been mostly positive. The people are friendly and the office is nice.
Pros
Nice Kitchen areas
Cons
Long processes
Challenging analytical role.
Provider registrations officer (Former Employee) –  Wellington Central, Wellington23 January 2017
Assessing insurance and validation on claims made by claimants for the Canterbury events. Liaising with insurance companies and claimants to ensure insurance coverage to minimize risk to EQC. Project work including being a subject matter expert and working with a small team to roll out the Canterbury Home Repair excess program, investigation of mortgagees not already on system, wrote the insurance process for multi unit buildings for the Wellington insurance team, managing escalations and urgent claims.
ACC is the Crown entity set up under the Accident Compensation Act 2001 that manages and delivers New Zealand’s Accident Compensation Scheme.
Forecast Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wellington, New Zealand5 January 2017
A typical day for me at ACC, would involve meeting with key stakeholders, providing updates on any relevant projects, and developing business relationships. There was also a large amount of report writing and developing. Creating requirements documentation, making recommendations and developing standardized business reporting. Providing insights into data.

I learnt a lot about developing relationships and different ways to communicate.

The Management team were always great. All feedback was constructive. Opportunities are there for anyone who wants to take them and is willing to work hard to meet key deliverables.

I really enjoyed working with all my colleagues, we developed a really strong team environment and knew each others strengths and weakness which we leveraged to work more effectively.

Like in every role people can always be a challenge. I found that one size doesn't fit all and you have to constantly change your approach to get the best from your relationships. Different people require different forms of communication and it's important to develop strong relationships in order to achieve business goals. Developing these relationships is both the hardest and most enjoyable part of the role.
Pros
Opportunities are there for those who wish to take them
Cons
Change can some times be difficult to achieve due to legislation.
Very Productive and positive environment to work at.
Entitlement Payments Office (Current Employee) –  Hamilton New Zealand1 December 2016
Very Positive, pleasant and workable environment. People / co workers are very friendly and helpful. Job is very technical and challenging but helping clients in need brings a satisfaction that I am doing great in my job. Everyday brings new challenges and I seek challenges as new learning experiences.
Extremely busy and rewarding workplace
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Various locations within New Zealand31 August 2016
A government organisation where no 2 days are ever the same. High workloads and busy environment. Engaged staff who strive to provide excellent customer service to clients that have been involved in an accident, ensuring the right entitlements are administrated to enable the client to return to independence.

Dedicated colleagues and management who create an empowering environment where staff can exceed their potential through an encouraging learning and development environment.

The hardest part of the job is being able to set realistic expectations with clients who are in a vulnerable situation (both financially and socially) due to an accident and not always being able to meet those expectations due to government legislation and policies.

The most rewarding part of the job is when you have been able to assist and provide rehabilitation and entitlements that have enabled an injured person to return to full independence. This is most satisfying when the injuries are serious - spinal injuries, traumatic brain injuries etc.
Pros
Employer pension scheme
Cons
Committed team across all levels
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, Auckland29 August 2016
Busy roles but great supports. The business is committed to staff development and "growing their own" into various roles.
A well co-ordinated and cohesive ELT.
Pros
Busy, no two days are the same, passionate staff
Fun but structural work place with great working environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Zealand11 July 2016
I loved working at ACC. The staff and leadership team were amazing. The culture was friendly and inviting and everyone got along both in and outside work. The hardest part of my job was hearing about all the struggles the clients went through and not having the ability to follow the client from the beginning to end of their injury as it gets passed onto a case manager. I loved speaking with people on the phones and working with the staff. I learnt so much more about empathy and to understand others circumstances. Typical day at work was answering the calls and update clients details and files.
Pros
Staff, management, structure
Cons
Not being able to see the client through from finish to end.
The work was intense and high demands and suited my personality as a hard working man.
Collection Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington22 June 2016
Our Team leader was always creating different competitions and I seemed to excel and thrived on achieving team and individual goals. My competitive nature was rewarded and I loved the job.
I wanted to move to the Complex Team, but the feed back was not the same with what I was being rewarded on.
I love challenging myself and pushing for higher honours, but I also had difficulties in dealing with negative staff who would set us up to fail. I am a forgiving person and have moved on, so I have learnt my lesson and will keep pushing for better opportunities.

Pros
Commitment and Dedication.
Cons
I have always worked overtive when asked and was hardly sick.
Productive and Fun
Customer Liaison Officer (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland13 April 2016
Great company to work for. Typical work day starts off with logging into your phone, making polite conversation with the doctors or specialists admin officer regarding medical fees etc.

Management are great. Very helpful and supportive.

The co-workers are just as helpful and supportive not to mention have great laughs with, during work and break times.

The hardest part of the job is trying to answer calls when the system is almost always down for what ever reason. Other than that the most enjoyable part of the job is being acknowledged by the manager for the great work that not only you but your team does every day.
Pros
Awesome office location for lunch if you don't like the cafeteria food.
Cons
No free parking.