Accident Compensation Corporation
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Accident Compensation Corporation Employee Reviews

New Zealand45 reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

You are treated with respect and encouraged to grow.

The most significant contributor to my high review of ACC is their work culture. My team in Inbound Document Management is an example of a star team. We met and even exceeded key performance indicators month after month and always made time for a few laughs everyday. The stress of a heavy workload is often offset by great coworkers and leaders. I could not be more grateful to have worked at ACC. My team leaders were amazing examples and I learned a lot from them. Good work is encouraged and celebrated, and mistakes are addressed. However, they never once made me feel small. Addressing mistakes was done in a professional and uplifting manner, and I can say that it was highly effective in helping me grow. They are considerate of your life outside of work and support you in every way they can. I have witnessed this not only for myself but for all my teammates. It was a pleasure to work there.On a typical day at work, we would have our daily buzz meeting to delegate tasks. We would then go off and do that, but our day is kept flexible. At times, other teams may need support. Cross-training is a priority to be able to have more flexibility depending on demand. The hardest part of the job would be making decisions based on Privacy Law. ACC is highly dedicated to ensuring the privacy of their clients. You have to use sound judgment and that takes a bit of practice.

Pros

Amazing team and leaders

Cons

Pay was reasonable but could be improved

Stressful environment, too many work, too many people who does checks and balances not enough enablers.

I probably look for another company, money isn't worth here. There are few good people but too many people trying so hard. Even though ACC is on agile, it is in a nutshell a micro managing agile.

Pros

Salary.

Face-paced

I enjoy working for ACC and would like to continue to build on my knowledge in various roles within the company. Within case management roles it can be face-paced and personal career development is compromised due to not having time to step aside from BAU work.

stressfull and changes not good at the moment

New changes causing issues with all staff . It appears Management is uncaring and treating people like children.Work is fine and challenging though. Idea area where the Building is in Hamilton and we have parking which is good although that will change when we go into town.

Pros

good people (base workers)

Cons

stressful at times

ACC as a company was great

The client was hard to work with and I feel ACC should have been involved in working with this client more often. The involvement was helpful and made an improvment.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Client behaviour

fun work place and very productive

I thoroughly enjoyed my time there because i have had to be very professional in handling cases and work on a daily basis. everyone was supportive even the bosses and the most enjoyable part of a days work is getting with the work that is what makes life at the workplace enjoyable.

It is a Vocation and not a job

One needs to be passionate about people's safety, privacy and well being. Its not only the individual life you are managing but the entire whanau (family).

Positive at first, disappointing, avoid....

High volume of data entry. Inhouse training by different staff which all not on the same page which reflects unfairness & impacts on set target rates. Management nice at first however later, not transparent, have their "own favourites" amongst staff members. This department works around individuals not "team work" as they say. Some staff & manager have bullish behaviour, not surprised as at the time lots of redundancies happening. Staff worried about there jobs, no career development within department. Everyone worked with their heads down, not much chitter chatter which shows staff morale very low. Really enjoyed the work, meeting staff but glad not working there, pay was pathetic. Not a lot of happy staff and it shows.

I have not worked here long enough to be able to give a thorough review.

I don't know. This is not the best to make us write a review for a company that I have only worked for less than a month. Please remove this as mandatory .

Great employer

ACC looks after the health and wellbeing of its staff, Everyday is a different day especially when dealing with different communities, I learnt community development, relationship and stakeholder management. ACC is highly professional outfit

Supportive workplace

A very friendly and supportive workplace. Well managed and flexible. Supporting public health is a rewarding job. Also, the staff are helpful and very welcoming.

Good employer and look after employees very well in terms of health and safety wellbeing.

A typical day at work was very busy and the productivity is high and great quality result-driven. What I learned from ACC is worked hard and team collaborative. Sharing knowledge with each other and celebrate success and having fun together as a team. Great workplace culture. Have a great understanding of different cultures and respects the individual cultures.

productive

Always paid good wages when assessed and were reliable when i needed their assistance on many things. always had work for me and listened very intently when issues did arise.

Friendly and supportive environment to work within.

Good team spirit, no heirarchy between management and staff. Ongoing coaching catchup twice yearly. Appreciated for all the hard work contributed to the company.

Pros

Free lunches and team bonding events.

Cons

Limited opportunity for advancement.

Great Company

ACC had many job opportunities to move around once you were in the company. Management is amazing and is there for their employees whenever needed. Great culture.

Good place difficult work

Good place difficult work, excellent management and career advancement opportunities and good pay, Day to day work involved working with difficult clients

good employer

Good Employer, • Provides needs-based service to people with high risk and serious injury, in order to achieve the best possible outcome and durable independence.

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

long hours may be needed to stay on top of work load.

Customer centric

Very busy company and having high volume of work. ACC helps clients to get better for their injuries and to help them to get back to their work force.

Pros

Flexi Hours

Cons

Threat from risky clients

An OK place to work

Answering letter correspondence (levy resolution) and levy administration. Made good friends over the years. Flexible working hours. Culture ebbed and flowed; can be very good, then can be quite negative at times.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

People not managed well in transition of restructure

A professional organisation with a noble mission

Top of the line organisation. Passionate of its role in preventing injuries in New Zealand. Very positive and friendly work atmosphere. Regular training across a variety of programs--from Health & Safety, to audits, to Train the Trainer, Gaining Agreement... Enjoyed a variety of roles across my 11 years with the organisation.

Pros

Very positive for employee health & wellbeing

Overall, a great place to work.

I worked as part of the Surgical Assessment Team. We had weekly meetings to discuss to team progress and any problems that anyone was facing for needed assistance with. It was very difficult in the manner that you often had to deny benefits to some clients that you felt were deserving. You work by a very strict set of rules and must follow them exactly, as this is the county's Universal Healthcare System. You must be a 'people' person to do this position and be super successful.

Pros

Work as part of team.

Cons

Get yelled at by clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Accident Compensation Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Accident Compensation Corporation