Accident Compensation Corporation
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Accident Compensation Corporation Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Good Employer, • Provides needs-based service to people with high risk and serious injury, in order to achieve the best possible outcome and durable independence.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
long hours may be needed to stay on top of work load.
High volume of data entry. Inhouse training by different staff which all not on the same page which reflects unfairness & impacts on set target rates. Management nice at first however later, not transparent, have their "own favourites" amongst staff members. This department works around individuals not "team work" as they say. Some staff & manager have bullish behaviour, not surprised as at the time lots of redundancies happening. Staff worried about there jobs, no career development within department. Everyone worked with their heads down, not much chitter chatter which shows staff morale very low. Really enjoyed the work, meeting staff but glad not working there, pay was pathetic. Not a lot of happy staff and it shows.
I learned much about managing a large work-load, setting daily and weekly targets, and managing a large case-load. One of the most rewarding learning opportunities, and the Flexi-time gave opportunities to ensure a decent work-life balance.
Pros
Flexi-time, great training
Cons
Salary low
Great company to work for. Typical work day starts off with logging into your phone, making polite conversation with the doctors or specialists admin officer regarding medical fees etc. Management are great. Very helpful and supportive. The co-workers are just as helpful and supportive not to mention have great laughs with, during work and break times. The hardest part of the job is trying to answer calls when the system is almost always down for what ever reason. Other than that the most enjoyable part of the job is being acknowledged by the manager for the great work that not only you but your team does every day.
Pros
Awesome office location for lunch if you don't like the cafeteria food.
Cons
No free parking.
Everyday was important, to me, its was not just a job but I was helping people at the same time. It was so encouraging especially when I went through the process of injured peoples' claims, it broke my heart how some people went through so much pain. The most enjoyable part of this job for me was when these claims or applications got approved, it made my day and always put a smile on my face.
As a Claim Officer accuracy is very important to process invoices.
Pros
Sharing Lunch
Cons
A lot of junk mail