Accident Compensation Corporation
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Accident Compensation Corporation Employee Reviews in Wellington City, Wellington

I enjoy working for ACC and would like to continue to build on my knowledge in various roles within the company. Within case management roles it can be face-paced and personal career development is compromised due to not having time to step aside from BAU work.
I don't know. This is not the best to make us write a review for a company that I have only worked for less than a month. Please remove this as mandatory .
A very friendly and supportive workplace. Well managed and flexible. Supporting public health is a rewarding job. Also, the staff are helpful and very welcoming.
A typical day at work was very busy and the productivity is high and great quality result-driven. What I learned from ACC is worked hard and team collaborative. Sharing knowledge with each other and celebrate success and having fun together as a team. Great workplace culture. Have a great understanding of different cultures and respects the individual cultures.
ACC had many job opportunities to move around once you were in the company. Management is amazing and is there for their employees whenever needed. Great culture.
Answering letter correspondence (levy resolution) and levy administration. Made good friends over the years. Flexible working hours. Culture ebbed and flowed; can be very good, then can be quite negative at times.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
People not managed well in transition of restructure
Typical day is busy but friendly I leaned team spirit skills and how to be productive and enjoy busy work Work culture - work hard and take a break
Pros
Busy schedules
Cons
Not allowed to work overtime
I am only a temp, i do not feel able to review the organisation... But my experience so far has been mostly positive. The people are friendly and the office is nice.
Pros
Nice Kitchen areas
Cons
Long processes
A typical day for me at ACC, would involve meeting with key stakeholders, providing updates on any relevant projects, and developing business relationships. There was also a large amount of report writing and developing. Creating requirements documentation, making recommendations and developing standardized business reporting. Providing insights into data. I learnt a lot about developing relationships and different ways to communicate. The Management team were always great. All feedback was constructive. Opportunities are there for anyone who wants to take them and is willing to work hard to meet key deliverables. I really enjoyed working with all my colleagues, we developed a really strong team environment and knew each others strengths and weakness which we leveraged to work more effectively. Like in every role people can always be a challenge. I found that one size doesn't fit all and you have to constantly change your approach to get the best from your relationships. Different people require different forms of communication and it's important to develop strong relationships in order to achieve business goals. Developing these relationships is both the hardest and most enjoyable part of the role.
Pros
Opportunities are there for those who wish to take them
Cons
Change can some times be difficult to achieve due to legislation.
Our Team leader was always creating different competitions and I seemed to excel and thrived on achieving team and individual goals. My competitive nature was rewarded and I loved the job. I wanted to move to the Complex Team, but the feed back was not the same with what I was being rewarded on. I love challenging myself and pushing for higher honours, but I also had difficulties in dealing with negative staff who would set us up to fail. I am a forgiving person and have moved on, so I have learnt my lesson and will keep pushing for better opportunities. Thank you
Pros
Commitment and Dedication.
Cons
I have always worked overtive when asked and was hardly sick.
My administration skills were tested at this position. It was basically full on from the get go. I thoroughly enjoyed my time here if only it were a permanent role. I absolutely loved it here due to the flexible hours, As long as I completed by given task list for each day and was able to prep for the next day, ensuring my 8hours for the day were completed, I was off home. I gained so much experience in this clerical/case administrative role. My written communication skills improved very much. My attention to detail was definitely challenged. What I loved the most was our Administration Team. We had Management from Heaven. They were so supportive, very family orientated. They were excellent in ensuring each team member was given a voice and having that voice heard. Team Meetings were regular ensuring all matters were covered throughout the office. It was such a great role. Best part was our shared group lunches. Everyone and anyone's birthday was celebrated. We always put on great spreads for the entire unit. A very united team and we showed it through our targets shown at the end of each month.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Temporary Role
excellent place to work, but decisions to take to long as to many managers
Pros
work 37.5 hrs get paid for 40hrs, after 5 years 2 weeks extra holiday
Cons
to slow when making changes
This job has daily and monthly routine assignments. It also has changes on a quarterly basis from the Minister and Board decisions. Hence, there are immediate changes that need to be actions. My co-workers are fun to work with as they need to make the workplace enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is when other teams are unable to meet the deadline for consolidation and meeting the deadline. The enjoyable part of the job is delivering the assignments on time by putting in more effort and teamwork.
Pros
Positive Feedback
Cons
Long Hours