Accident Compensation Corporation
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Accident Compensation Corporation Employee Review

ACC is the Crown entity set up under the Accident Compensation Act 2001 that manages and delivers New Zealand’s Accident Compensation Scheme.

5 January 2017
A typical day for me at ACC, would involve meeting with key stakeholders, providing updates on any relevant projects, and developing business relationships. There was also a large amount of report writing and developing. Creating requirements documentation, making recommendations and developing standardized business reporting. Providing insights into data.

I learnt a lot about developing relationships and different ways to communicate.

The Management team were always great. All feedback was constructive. Opportunities are there for anyone who wants to take them and is willing to work hard to meet key deliverables.

I really enjoyed working with all my colleagues, we developed a really strong team environment and knew each others strengths and weakness which we leveraged to work more effectively.

Like in every role people can always be a challenge. I found that one size doesn't fit all and you have to constantly change your approach to get the best from your relationships. Different people require different forms of communication and it's important to develop strong relationships in order to achieve business goals. Developing these relationships is both the hardest and most enjoyable part of the role.
Pros
Opportunities are there for those who wish to take them
Cons
Change can some times be difficult to achieve due to legislation.
6 July 2020
Same location
Service Coordinator, Complex Mental Injury (Current Employee) - Wellington City, Wellington
I enjoy working for ACC and would like to continue to build on my knowledge in various roles within the company. Within case management roles it can be face-paced and personal career development is compromised due to not having time to step aside from BAU work.
13 November 2019
Integrity Advisor (Current Employee) - Wellington City, Wellington
I don't know. This is not the best to make us write a review for a company that I have only worked for less than a month. Please remove this as mandatory .
17 October 2019
Case Administrator (Former Employee) - Wellington City, Wellington
A very friendly and supportive workplace. Well managed and flexible. Supporting public health is a rewarding job. Also, the staff are helpful and very welcoming.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Accident Compensation Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.