Accident Compensation Corporation
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Accident Compensation Corporation Employee Review

Good place difficult work

17 September 2018
Good place difficult work, excellent management and career advancement opportunities and good pay, Day to day work involved working with difficult clients
11 July 2016
Same role
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) - New Zealand
I loved working at ACC. The staff and leadership team were amazing. The culture was friendly and inviting and everyone got along both in and outside work. The hardest part of my job was hearing about all the struggles the clients went through and not having the ability to follow the client from the beginning to end of their injury as it gets passed onto a case manager. I loved speaking with people on the phones and working with the staff. I learnt so much more about empathy and to understand others circumstances. Typical day at work was answering the calls and update clients details and files.
Pros
Staff, management, structure
Cons
Not being able to see the client through from finish to end.
8 February 2018
Same location
Claims Officer/Surgical Assessment Team (Former Employee) - Dunedin, Otago
I worked as part of the Surgical Assessment Team. We had weekly meetings to discuss to team progress and any problems that anyone was facing for needed assistance with. It was very difficult in the manner that you often had to deny benefits to some clients that you felt were deserving. You work by a very strict set of rules and must follow them exactly, as this is the county's Universal Healthcare System. You must be a 'people' person to do this position and be super successful.
Pros
Work as part of team.
Cons
Get yelled at by clients.
6 July 2020
Service Coordinator, Complex Mental Injury (Current Employee) - Wellington City, Wellington
I enjoy working for ACC and would like to continue to build on my knowledge in various roles within the company. Within case management roles it can be face-paced and personal career development is compromised due to not having time to step aside from BAU work.