Accident Compensation Corporation Employee Reviews

Extremely busy and rewarding workplace
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Various locations within New Zealand31 August 2016
A government organisation where no 2 days are ever the same. High workloads and busy environment. Engaged staff who strive to provide excellent customer service to clients that have been involved in an accident, ensuring the right entitlements are administrated to enable the client to return to independence.

Dedicated colleagues and management who create an empowering environment where staff can exceed their potential through an encouraging learning and development environment.

The hardest part of the job is being able to set realistic expectations with clients who are in a vulnerable situation (both financially and socially) due to an accident and not always being able to meet those expectations due to government legislation and policies.

The most rewarding part of the job is when you have been able to assist and provide rehabilitation and entitlements that have enabled an injured person to return to full independence. This is most satisfying when the injuries are serious - spinal injuries, traumatic brain injuries etc.
Pros
Employer pension scheme
Cons
Committed team across all levels
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, Auckland29 August 2016
Busy roles but great supports. The business is committed to staff development and "growing their own" into various roles.
A well co-ordinated and cohesive ELT.
Pros
Busy, no two days are the same, passionate staff
Fun but structural work place with great working environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Zealand11 July 2016
I loved working at ACC. The staff and leadership team were amazing. The culture was friendly and inviting and everyone got along both in and outside work. The hardest part of my job was hearing about all the struggles the clients went through and not having the ability to follow the client from the beginning to end of their injury as it gets passed onto a case manager. I loved speaking with people on the phones and working with the staff. I learnt so much more about empathy and to understand others circumstances. Typical day at work was answering the calls and update clients details and files.
Pros
Staff, management, structure
Cons
Not being able to see the client through from finish to end.
The work was intense and high demands and suited my personality as a hard working man.
Collection Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington22 June 2016
Our Team leader was always creating different competitions and I seemed to excel and thrived on achieving team and individual goals. My competitive nature was rewarded and I loved the job.
I wanted to move to the Complex Team, but the feed back was not the same with what I was being rewarded on.
I love challenging myself and pushing for higher honours, but I also had difficulties in dealing with negative staff who would set us up to fail. I am a forgiving person and have moved on, so I have learnt my lesson and will keep pushing for better opportunities.

Pros
Commitment and Dedication.
Cons
I have always worked overtive when asked and was hardly sick.
Productive and Fun
Customer Liaison Officer (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland13 April 2016
Great company to work for. Typical work day starts off with logging into your phone, making polite conversation with the doctors or specialists admin officer regarding medical fees etc.

Management are great. Very helpful and supportive.

The co-workers are just as helpful and supportive not to mention have great laughs with, during work and break times.

The hardest part of the job is trying to answer calls when the system is almost always down for what ever reason. Other than that the most enjoyable part of the job is being acknowledged by the manager for the great work that not only you but your team does every day.
Pros
Awesome office location for lunch if you don't like the cafeteria food.
Cons
No free parking.
Dynamic, forward thinking and strives to be the best it can be.
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  New Zealand29 February 2016
Forward thinking organisation, fast paced and customer focussed.
Great colleagues.
A learning organisation who values its staff and provides excellent training.
Really good place to work but I moved towns
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Levin, Manawatu-Wanganui5 February 2016
Calculating weekly compensation. Meeting clients in the office and at their own home. Implementing aids and appliances to assist their daily living. Salary was excellent.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Very long hours
Fast paced Job
2012Entitlements & Payment Officer (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury7 November 2015
A typical day is to prioritise your work and re prioritise your work as new work comes in to make sure you will meet all your deadlines, which change with each new piece of work the comes in.

It is a great team to work with, with great ideals and processes. The team is very supportive of each other in assisting each other to ensure the team meets all of or as many of the deadlines set.

The hardest part was sometimes being able to meet unrealistic deadlines eg weekly compensation set up received at 3pm and being able to get the required information to make a payment by 4pm.

For me the most enjoyable part of the job was to assist people after injury to receive their weekly compensation payment as soon as possible to avoid financial stress due to injury.
A.C.C Lower Hutt sux
Invoice Processor (Temporary Contact) (Former Employee) –  Lower Hutt29 July 2015
having been a newbie to this environment it was a challenge for me
also trying to keep all the numbers and codes in my head boggles the brain so they designed a new storage system
which i hardly ever used which in hind sight i probably should have
the chairs were uncomfortable but the staff was nice
the only thing i think was disconcerting was the staff spoke nearly no english and their accent was hard to comprehend, eg(bender number)??? Vendor number
after a while i started to drift away into a daydream of robots and flowers, because of the lack of understanding multi cultural language, i don't know if i learnt much, but i did learn that there are fields and i adapted, since i had done previous courses in data entry i figured it out, in my opinion there should only be people in NZ lecturing in plain kiwi english for us who can hear it right, so we can comprehend more appropriately,
hardly any proper communication with anyone unless asked, upon which after training, they say ask but act angry when you ask often, to me it was difficult because they had asians taking all the easy work while everyone went home and found them there the next day sleeping on the floor from a all nighter, leaving it impossible for normal Kiwi staff to achive goals because the only work left was the slowest, and most difficult to find codes
while the staff spoke of country wide changes, this was informative, i barely could grasp what she was really on about, i tested the world at that place, but it seems to me that they have a bunch of mischiefs there who muck up things for staff who want to
  more... step in, using locked excel spread sheets and hidden calculations timed out complications,
they fired that guy for delaying a whole staff crew temping, he was on meds, otherwise the floor was very bouncy structural integrity seems lacking, but the staff were nice, the part timers should be sacked, though i thourougly enjoyed the job
Pros
i liked helping people and they helped me
Cons
not everthing was positive, some staff had bad attitudes
Best position to date
Case Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wellington City, New Zealand15 July 2015
My administration skills were tested at this position. It was basically full on from the get go. I thoroughly enjoyed my time here if only it were a permanent role. I absolutely loved it here due to the flexible hours, As long as I completed by given task list for each day and was able to prep for the next day, ensuring my 8hours for the day were completed, I was off home. I gained so much experience in this clerical/case administrative role. My written communication skills improved very much. My attention to detail was definitely challenged. What I loved the most was our Administration Team. We had Management from Heaven. They were so supportive, very family orientated. They were excellent in ensuring each team member was given a voice and having that voice heard. Team Meetings were regular ensuring all matters were covered throughout the office. It was such a great role. Best part was our shared group lunches. Everyone and anyone's birthday was celebrated. We always put on great spreads for the entire unit. A very united team and we showed it through our targets shown at the end of each month.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Temporary Role
Productive and fun workplace.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand3 May 2015
Everyday was important, to me, its was not just a job but I was helping people at the same time.
It was so encouraging especially when I went through the process of injured peoples' claims, it broke my heart how some people went through so much pain.
The most enjoyable part of this job for me was when these claims or applications got approved, it made my day and always put a smile on my face.
Enjoyable experience
Claims Officer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton25 November 2014
I really enjoyed working here although the reason I left was to study and find a more mentally stimulating job. However, I have very fond memories of The Baby Factory and sometimes call in and say hello again.
Good organisation to start a new career.
Claim Officer (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N21 September 2014
As a Claim Officer accuracy is very important to process invoices.
Pros
Sharing Lunch
Cons
A lot of junk mail
Busy and target focused work environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, N10 February 2014
Assessing short term claims. Speaking with clients and employers over the phone, encouraging claimants to return to work. I was not at ACC for a great length of time, but during the short term that I was employed there, I found the staff and Management very helpful, sociable and supportive
Nice place to work
Operaions Analyst (Current Employee) –  wellington10 January 2014
excellent place to work, but decisions to take to long as to many managers
Pros
work 37.5 hrs get paid for 40hrs, after 5 years 2 weeks extra holiday
Cons
to slow when making changes
Productive and fun at workplace
Assistant Accountant (Former Employee) –  Wellington, New Zealand20 November 2013
This job has daily and monthly routine assignments. It also has changes on a quarterly basis from the Minister and Board decisions. Hence, there are immediate changes that need to be actions. My co-workers are fun to work with as they need to make the workplace enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is when other teams are unable to meet the deadline for consolidation and meeting the deadline. The enjoyable part of the job is delivering the assignments on time by putting in more effort and teamwork.
Pros
Positive Feedback
Cons
Long Hours