Accor Employee Reviews

Found 8 reviews matching the search See all 1,773 reviews
Diverse work force
Trainee Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland18 February 2017
Diverse work force. good work and social life balance. Lot of cultural diversity within an establishment. Good place to learn lot of things on a daily basis.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
slow carrer growth
Fun work place free lunch
Room attendant (Former Employee) –  auckland viaduct20 August 2015
I totally enjoyed this place the staff the customers the opportunities and perks we received totally loved working here and would return soon if i could
Productive, Interesting and Room to grow
Duty Manager and Marketing team member (Former Employee) –  Wellington, New Zealand29 May 2014
I enjoyed working with Accor Hospitality as it gives everyone fair chances and growth opportunities. Work environment is really pleasant and I met a lot of funny and hard working people. Most enjoyable part of our job was to catch up with our co-workers after a hectic day in near by pub. I appreciate Accor Hospitality's management to have a clear transparency and good attitude for the staffs. Lastly I thank this group to make me a better disciplined person with some quality management skills.
Fun, good staff, uniforms and food for staff great, Very hard physically house keeping but very good for fitness
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Queenstown25 March 2014
Beautiful Hotel, well managed and staffed a pleasure to be part of. Long hours and hard physically but plenty of hours and support from senior staff. I liked the uniforms, staff breakfasts and lunches but working from 8am till 3 or 4pm was demanding but very good on the bank balance which was why I was there! PERFECT!
Pros
Geat hours, good staff, clean working enviornment, well looked after
Cons
long hours, physically demanding
A very competitive environment
Allegiance Marketing (Former Employee) –  City Centre,Auckland3 December 2013
The job requires a confident and persuasive demeanor to manage and expand your own database.This is an outbound contact center where sales targets are to be met on a daily basis.Although coaching is offered on the job,some rebuffs by customers may become emotionally draining.The salary in part is commission -based,and this may become difficult to maintain in the current economy.
Pros
Sales incentives
Cons
Very competitive - targeted if sales target is not met
Mercure has a fun an relaxed envirenment for its workers
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Picton7 August 2013
* A typical work day was busy but enjoyable because the employees knew how to make work fun.
*I learned the importance of communication skills and team work as well as using initiative.
*Management in the housekeeping department was well organised and helpful when you had a problem or questions.
*All co-workers in Mercure hotel were friendly and helpful.
*The hardest part of the job at the hotel was the heavy lifting of the linen bags when they were filled and had to be taken outside for pick up.
*The part i enjoyed most about the job was meeting the people who cleaned the hotel rooms.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
it was only seasonal work
Productive and fun workplace
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ibis tainui hamilton17 July 2012
Productive and fun workplace. I learned how to make a perfect bed, the hardest part of this job is you have to be so fast. The most enjoyable part of this job is when we're having a party to my supervisor's place.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short hours