Accor Employee Reviews

Found 9 reviews matching the search See all 1,712 reviews
decent senior management
Financial Controller (Former Employee) –  Auckland, NZ27 May 2019
progressive and inclusive company, work culture understood as important, tight reporting schedules, good people in key senior management positions, big player in the marketplace.
Pros
strong team culture by most
Diverse work force
Trainee Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland18 February 2017
Diverse work force. good work and social life balance. Lot of cultural diversity within an establishment. Good place to learn lot of things on a daily basis.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
slow carrer growth
Best lesson learned
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N21 August 2015
My first experience working place in New Zealand. They are my teacher. This is the place where I learned a lot with regards to hospitality task.

Being in this venture, is quite difficult to non-experienced like me. But, the good thing is, if you love to work and love your work, everyday is always a fun day working.

Management are too supportive, they gave you trainings and seminars. Co-workers? We are on different races, meaning different cultures and belief, some were supportive others are'nt.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
time pressured
Fun work place free lunch
Room attendant (Former Employee) –  auckland viaduct20 August 2015
I totally enjoyed this place the staff the customers the opportunities and perks we received totally loved working here and would return soon if i could
Productive, Interesting and Room to grow
Duty Manager and Marketing team member (Former Employee) –  Wellington, New Zealand29 May 2014
I enjoyed working with Accor Hospitality as it gives everyone fair chances and growth opportunities. Work environment is really pleasant and I met a lot of funny and hard working people. Most enjoyable part of our job was to catch up with our co-workers after a hectic day in near by pub. I appreciate Accor Hospitality's management to have a clear transparency and good attitude for the staffs. Lastly I thank this group to make me a better disciplined person with some quality management skills.
A very competitive environment
Allegiance Marketing (Former Employee) –  City Centre,Auckland3 December 2013
The job requires a confident and persuasive demeanor to manage and expand your own database.This is an outbound contact center where sales targets are to be met on a daily basis.Although coaching is offered on the job,some rebuffs by customers may become emotionally draining.The salary in part is commission -based,and this may become difficult to maintain in the current economy.
Pros
Sales incentives
Cons
Very competitive - targeted if sales target is not met
Mercure has a fun an relaxed envirenment for its workers
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Picton7 August 2013
* A typical work day was busy but enjoyable because the employees knew how to make work fun.
*I learned the importance of communication skills and team work as well as using initiative.
*Management in the housekeeping department was well organised and helpful when you had a problem or questions.
*All co-workers in Mercure hotel were friendly and helpful.
*The hardest part of the job at the hotel was the heavy lifting of the linen bags when they were filled and had to be taken outside for pick up.
*The part i enjoyed most about the job was meeting the people who cleaned the hotel rooms.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
it was only seasonal work
Productive and fun workplace
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ibis tainui hamilton17 July 2012
Productive and fun workplace. I learned how to make a perfect bed, the hardest part of this job is you have to be so fast. The most enjoyable part of this job is when we're having a party to my supervisor's place.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short hours