Accor Employee Reviews

Found 20 reviews matching the search See all 2,712 reviews
decent senior management
Financial Controller (Former Employee) –  Auckland, NZ27 May 2019
progressive and inclusive company, work culture understood as important, tight reporting schedules, good people in key senior management positions, big player in the marketplace.
Pros
strong team culture by most
Exhausting but rewarding
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Auckland24 September 2018
It was quite difficult some days due to poor communication between the different departments. It was frustrating to hear that we had guests waiting for rooms we didn't even know were arriving that day. But overall, the staff were amazing to work with and the experience I obtained was more than worth it. If anything, the best days definitely outweigh the bad ones.
good people
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington14 August 2018
it was busy
learned how to clean rooms
management needs a lot of work
the hardest part of the job would have to be move from floor to floor and having to be quick
the most enjoyable part was getting to know my co-workers :)
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no recognition
Great Work Place.
Senior Bartender (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland2 May 2018
Accor Hotels gave me the opportunity to find myself, identify my strengths and weaknesses and challenged me every day to be better and offered great benefits/
Pros
Great Team, Great Learning Opportunities, Professional.
Management were awesome
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Auckland NZ27 February 2018
Enjoyed working for a big company who supported you every step of the way. I was able to grow in the industry and work my way around the different departments and learning how each department worked.
Pros
Loved the workers, management and the many people who worked through our doors
Cons
Not applicable
Fun and always different everyday
Rec (Former Employee) –  Christchurch City, Canterbury17 August 2017
There is a checklist for every shift but there is always something new to learn each day.

My experience with Accor has been one of the best I have had inn the workforce so I am grateful I had the opportunity to work in the company.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Hours
Job
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Canterbury20 July 2017
• Exercise full authority, resolve guest and team member questions and issues.
• Ensure total guest satisfaction and safety.
• Make sure all of our guests’ satisfaction and take necessary brand standard procedures to increases SALT (Satisfaction and loyalty tracking) score.
• Overall in-charge of hotel operations during Night Shifts
• Welcoming VIP delegations and large groups and ensuring of smooth check-in / check-out processes.
Diverse work force
Trainee Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland18 February 2017
Diverse work force. good work and social life balance. Lot of cultural diversity within an establishment. Good place to learn lot of things on a daily basis.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
slow carrer growth
backbreakingly hard
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington11 January 2017
Working for Accor I was responsible for cleaning guests rooms to a high standard. No two days are the same, sometimes we would finish on time, sometimes we would work later than normal. I was expected to make beds, vaccum rooms, dust, tidy and present rooms for guests to stay in. I would also have to clean bathrooms and toilets to a very high standard. I would need to provide clean linen, towels etc.. to allow the guests to enjoy their stay.
Pros
meeting different people
Cons
aching body at the end of the day
Productive and fun work place
Front of House/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington25 September 2016
One of the ex co worker was being impatient with one of our customers. The customer ended up puting in a complaint form when it shouldn't have ended up that way. That incident taught me no matter how bad things get at work, or no matter how tiring my day has been, do not take my frustration out on the customers because not only that it will give me a bad name but will also give the work place/ company a bad name as well.
Pros
I used to get free breakfast and lunch.
Cons
Not enough hours
Good management
Permanent Part Time (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland31 August 2016
High quality customer handling with upgraded products to reach the expectations of the customers in this changing market. the group has over come various threats and weaknesses with a very responsible manner.
fun and varied work place
DUty Technician (Former Employee) –  Rotorua, Bay of Plenty19 April 2016
never dull always different day , enjoyed the work and work with the customers.
always room to progress within accor .
good prospects for those that want to travel
Pros
Lunches free, Employee of the month . Birthday bonus . Regular socials
fun environment to work.
Housekeeping department (Former Employee) –  Auckland Airport, Auckland2 January 2016
Most of the time i have worked at the hotel was enjoyable. Work mates were friendly and always work as a team.Everyone are very helpful and always put a smile on no matter what the day brings.
I have learned so much through the year i have been there and also gained some experience as well. The management are friendly and everyone were treated the same. For me this is one of the easiest job i have got ever since i have worked.
Pros
free lunches and get free night at the hotel after a year.
Cons
short hours
Best lesson learned
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N21 August 2015
My first experience working place in New Zealand. They are my teacher. This is the place where I learned a lot with regards to hospitality task.

Being in this venture, is quite difficult to non-experienced like me. But, the good thing is, if you love to work and love your work, everyday is always a fun day working.

Management are too supportive, they gave you trainings and seminars. Co-workers? We are on different races, meaning different cultures and belief, some were supportive others are'nt.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
time pressured
Fun work place free lunch
Room attendant (Former Employee) –  auckland viaduct20 August 2015
I totally enjoyed this place the staff the customers the opportunities and perks we received totally loved working here and would return soon if i could
Productive, Interesting and Room to grow
Duty Manager and Marketing team member (Former Employee) –  Wellington, New Zealand29 May 2014
I enjoyed working with Accor Hospitality as it gives everyone fair chances and growth opportunities. Work environment is really pleasant and I met a lot of funny and hard working people. Most enjoyable part of our job was to catch up with our co-workers after a hectic day in near by pub. I appreciate Accor Hospitality's management to have a clear transparency and good attitude for the staffs. Lastly I thank this group to make me a better disciplined person with some quality management skills.
A very competitive environment
Allegiance Marketing (Former Employee) –  City Centre,Auckland3 December 2013
The job requires a confident and persuasive demeanor to manage and expand your own database.This is an outbound contact center where sales targets are to be met on a daily basis.Although coaching is offered on the job,some rebuffs by customers may become emotionally draining.The salary in part is commission -based,and this may become difficult to maintain in the current economy.
Pros
Sales incentives
Cons
Very competitive - targeted if sales target is not met
Mercure has a fun an relaxed envirenment for its workers
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Picton7 August 2013
* A typical work day was busy but enjoyable because the employees knew how to make work fun.
*I learned the importance of communication skills and team work as well as using initiative.
*Management in the housekeeping department was well organised and helpful when you had a problem or questions.
*All co-workers in Mercure hotel were friendly and helpful.
*The hardest part of the job at the hotel was the heavy lifting of the linen bags when they were filled and had to be taken outside for pick up.
*The part i enjoyed most about the job was meeting the people who cleaned the hotel rooms.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
it was only seasonal work
Productive and fun workplace
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ibis tainui hamilton17 July 2012
Productive and fun workplace. I learned how to make a perfect bed, the hardest part of this job is you have to be so fast. The most enjoyable part of this job is when we're having a party to my supervisor's place.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short hours