Accor
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Accor Employee Review

Mercure has a fun an relaxed envirenment for its workers

7 August 2013
* A typical work day was busy but enjoyable because the employees knew how to make work fun. *I learned the importance of communication skills and team work as well as using initiative. *Management in the housekeeping department was well organised and helpful when you had a problem or questions. *All co-workers in Mercure hotel were friendly and helpful. *The hardest part of the job at the hotel was the heavy lifting of the linen bags when they were filled and had to be taken outside for pick up. *The part i enjoyed most about the job was meeting the people who cleaned the hotel rooms.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
it was only seasonal work
14 July 2019
Housekeeping Room attendant (Former Employee) - New Zealand
The team was always there to the help me to learn and get more experience. It was an amazing first job and I learned a lot with them. I will be always thankful for the opportunity.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Hot rooms
14 August 2018
Housekeeping (Former Employee) - Wellington City, Wellington
it was busy learned how to clean rooms management needs a lot of work the hardest part of the job would have to be move from floor to floor and having to be quick the most enjoyable part was getting to know my co-workers :)
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no recognition
11 January 2017
Housekeeping (Former Employee) - Wellington City, Wellington
Working for Accor I was responsible for cleaning guests rooms to a high standard. No two days are the same, sometimes we would finish on time, sometimes we would work later than normal. I was expected to make beds, vaccum rooms, dust, tidy and present rooms for guests to stay in. I would also have to clean bathrooms and toilets to a very high standard. I would need to provide clean linen, towels etc.. to allow the guests to enjoy their stay.
Pros
meeting different people
Cons
aching body at the end of the day
  1. Mercure has a fun an relaxed envirenment for its workers