Accor

Wellington City, Wellington6 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Found 6 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,890 reviews

Productivity Productivity and productivity

Accor brand is good overall in my opinion but it depends on the management. In my time it was too stressful and higher management was after cost cutting more then it needed just to show them how great they are managing. And understaff put too much pressure on the managers who were running the show (Operations) Worklife balance (What is that ?)If you are getting married or planing family say goodbye to hospitality.

Pros

Worldwide staff discounts

Cons

Shift work, Cost cutting too much pressure

Goals

I’ve achieved so many goals while working at Accor. Eg: started as a room attendants until I’ve became a supervisor. Not only that Accor gave me so many opportunities. When our department’s executive was away our department gave me a effort to run the department with the support of the general manager and the front office manager

good people

it was busy learned how to clean rooms management needs a lot of work the hardest part of the job would have to be move from floor to floor and having to be quick the most enjoyable part was getting to know my co-workers :)

Pros

free lunch

Cons

no recognition

backbreakingly hard

Working for Accor I was responsible for cleaning guests rooms to a high standard. No two days are the same, sometimes we would finish on time, sometimes we would work later than normal. I was expected to make beds, vaccum rooms, dust, tidy and present rooms for guests to stay in. I would also have to clean bathrooms and toilets to a very high standard. I would need to provide clean linen, towels etc.. to allow the guests to enjoy their stay.

Pros

meeting different people

Cons

aching body at the end of the day

Productive and fun work place

One of the ex co worker was being impatient with one of our customers. The customer ended up puting in a complaint form when it shouldn't have ended up that way. That incident taught me no matter how bad things get at work, or no matter how tiring my day has been, do not take my frustration out on the customers because not only that it will give me a bad name but will also give the work place/ company a bad name as well.

Pros

I used to get free breakfast and lunch.

Cons

Not enough hours

Productive, Interesting and Room to grow

I enjoyed working with Accor Hospitality as it gives everyone fair chances and growth opportunities. Work environment is really pleasant and I met a lot of funny and hard working people. Most enjoyable part of our job was to catch up with our co-workers after a hectic day in near by pub. I appreciate Accor Hospitality's management to have a clear transparency and good attitude for the staffs. Lastly I thank this group to make me a better disciplined person with some quality management skills.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Accor?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Accor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Accor