Accor
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Accor Employee Reviews for Cleaner

I actually like working for the company specially Sydney Novatel Central u couldn’t ask for nicer employees and bosses specially in the hard times like know everyone come together to make it work
They are only interested in money making.Management have literally NO IDEA how to run a business as they have no people skills at all.Very high turnover of staff ( usually tells you all you need). Incapable of recognising good staff.They make a lot of money but complete fools. Sadly they have sold their souls for more money and RUINED a wonderful hotel to take in asylum seekers. Who have destroyed the hotel I am told.
Pros
Cons
See above
Accor was my first ever job and the staff are amazing there, I would recommend them. I use to do Monday and Friday the hardest part of the job was the make sure the detail and the cleaners was spot on.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
I learned a lot about cleaning hotels, made a lot of friends, we change many experiences and also the management was very good, flexible hours to work
My time at the Mercure only lasted a few months, for this I am glad. the staff premises were dirty and for the most part, unkept. Managers were lazy, canteen area was unpleasant to be in, food was what was leftover from the guest breakfast buffet. The hotel itself was a junkie, lowlife haven. I wouldn't recommend seeking employment or staying at the Mercure.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Bad free lunches
Enough good, what can I say if you go to sleep. To much work, hart and not good pay, if you need a job. Well the good thing is that they accept you even if don't speak german
The work there was ok for only a few hours of work and little to pay and it was very far out there to get a mate's license just to ride the bike everywhere.
Pros
Ok
Cons
Ok
• Daily cleaning of all areas within the contract • Emptying waste bins or similar containers, • Moving waste material to designated collection points. • Sweeping floors with brushes or dust control mops • Mopping floors with wet or damp mops
Great work in hotels, cleanliness, order, and work with partners from other countries which gave me much knowledge of other cultures and ways of working
A typical day at work can be repetitive but if we are a hard worker it doesn' t matter. Every day' we can manage ourself all duties in order to keep them interesting. More, we must have a good relationship with all our co-workers because we spend almost eight hours per day that is enough much to support each others. The hardest part of the job is when we have to go another place that is so far. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we help each others to finish quick the job and leave together from the company.
Pros
free transport
Cons
part time / ful time
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Accor?
Cleaning and polishing the hall with mopping, scrubbing and sweeping. Following procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures. Moving heavy furniture, equipment and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks. Cleaning windows, glass and mirrors.
Pros
good living
Cons
no contract
I started a day cleaned floors, walls and windows, empted rubbish bins and tided rooms, used specialized cleaning products and chemicals. Did small repairs such as painting and maintained pool and garden area. Assisted the office manager by performing tasks such as typing, filling, photocopying and delivery. I learned a lot about work in team and I did many friends there. The job was great, but sometimes the physical part was challenger. I think the best part of my job was see the satisfaction of clients.
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
far from my house
I was given to clean and tidy rooms and it would depend every day and normally 5 rooms have to be cleared with in one hour which was a challenging for me. i had to work so fast, we did not have a break until we finished our work.
Cons
no breaks, long hours of work