Accor
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Accor Employee Reviews for Housekeeper

The team was always there to the help me to learn and get more experience. It was an amazing first job and I learned a lot with them. I will be always thankful for the opportunity.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Hot rooms
Very good job for keeping fit, earn while you lose inches. PERFECT!great job to socialise with guest and meet new people. Worked at the hotel for 3 years part time to suit my family life which also worked great for me.
Pros
Free lunches
My housekeeping journey started by this hotel ..iam learning basic things .very Good management friendly environment and well traning and very supporting management and staff
Cons
Every Job have good and bad parties. But I'm so positive and i saw only good part of job.I loved my job. I loved all managers, co-workers.They was so friendly and that was the big housekeeping team like big one.I hope, we will be again one big team.
They don't prioritize the regularization of their on call employees. Sometimes you need to work for 16 hours just to cover the shift of an absent employee. The agency that handled us didn't pay our government mandated benefits.
I had great job done with this company now i am finding job because now i am in india. So, i am searching new job in any where any hotel i need it. Because i learnet a lot things from this.
Always rushed to get room finished as quickly as possible and then moaned at when they arent clean properly. Some staff are ok but it's hard to understand some as they are polish and Romanian
while my job in accor is depends on the schedule i work five times every weeks the days are mon,tue,thur,fri,sun. the most enjoying part of it is when you know what you are doing it will not be stressful
Work is physically demanding but that's the least of the issues. The company protects itself rather than its employees. Management turn a blind eye to everything and anything! After 2 weeks of every new month, there is little to no stock and Housekeeping get the blame for not being able to give guests what they need. Colleagues are just the same as any other workplace; great team and not so great. Good thing is that when you need to take leave, its always accepted. Take a physical and mental day off often.
I like the Accor hotel because first of all they all have management in their own work.. they are friendly, helpful and very kind and peace to one another.. cleanliness , hygiene is the most important for that hotel..
Pros
Hotel staff in other department seemed nice but the housekeeping has been not so nice since all were hired by the agency mostly Indonesian and Vietnamese so cultural diversity is fully ignored. Only two persons are employed by the hotel one is the executive housekeeper the other one is assistant manager. Not much of the employee continue to work due to low wages.
working with & for Accor has kept me grounded & financially stable. Although it is only casual, it's given my personal life flexibility to assure other prioritys around my work is committed so I'm up to date with my priority! It's crusey, I have a great boss & I enjoy working for Accor very much.
i enjoy my life there that is best hotel in Dubai i started my Carrier over with this hotel i learned so many things where i can use my skills & knowlege
The Accor Noosa Sofitel Pacific Resort is the worst employer that I have ever worked for All they care about is productivity and profit, not practicing what they preach in their training and ads
Clean tidy rooms, would recommend it to the public, family and friends, great food,housekeepers are helpful and reliable, rooms are inexpensive, get your monies worth
productive company and gives opportunities to its employees to participate in also other work fields through crosstraining but I worked there as an outsourced employee under the management of my former company farnek man power supply
Pros
free meals
I did manage there and supervising a team of 15 employees which involved organizing room cleaning and checking standards of cleanliness, organization of linen and updating of hotel database.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
long hours, part time
General cleaning of hotel rooms to a high standard working on my own doing some early mornings and late shifts I can stay calm under pressure Im able to do laundry stocktake when on the late shift you have the housekeeping phone incase reception needs to get in touch for a job to do for a guest
Pros
free lunch
Cons
cancalations
In this Hotel, I find it tiring and happy workplace because in this establishment I gain friends and also i gain more knowledge about the life in a Hotel industry.
Pros
free lunches and kind superiors
Cons
working abroad was hard but you can earn a bit. i've learnd how to deal with different nationalities, about our management they are providing all the needs of the employees. the hardest part of a housekeeping is that when you have a back to back rooms, but im enjoying the work when we are helping in our everyday tast.
Pros
everything is free
Cons
12hours
I worked for Ibis Styles at the NEC a typical day included being over worked and underpaid. Management was poor and was not interested in the staff and came across as patronising - staff run riot and argued with one another with little done about it - the hardest part about it was having to drag all the linen across three corridors because the hotel were unable to supply the correct equipment to carry out this job. It was very enjoyable to finish work and be free for the rest of the day.
Pros
free lunch( sometimes not edible)
Cons
Long hours, poor management, poor equipment