Accor

New Zealand5 reviews

3.6Job Security & Advancement

Found 5 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,890 reviews

Good work environment

The team was always there to the help me to learn and get more experience. It was an amazing first job and I learned a lot with them. I will be always thankful for the opportunity.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Hot rooms

good people

it was busy learned how to clean rooms management needs a lot of work the hardest part of the job would have to be move from floor to floor and having to be quick the most enjoyable part was getting to know my co-workers :)

Pros

free lunch

Cons

no recognition

backbreakingly hard

Working for Accor I was responsible for cleaning guests rooms to a high standard. No two days are the same, sometimes we would finish on time, sometimes we would work later than normal. I was expected to make beds, vaccum rooms, dust, tidy and present rooms for guests to stay in. I would also have to clean bathrooms and toilets to a very high standard. I would need to provide clean linen, towels etc.. to allow the guests to enjoy their stay.

Pros

meeting different people

Cons

aching body at the end of the day

fun environment to work.

Most of the time i have worked at the hotel was enjoyable. Work mates were friendly and always work as a team.Everyone are very helpful and always put a smile on no matter what the day brings. I have learned so much through the year i have been there and also gained some experience as well. The management are friendly and everyone were treated the same. For me this is one of the easiest job i have got ever since i have worked.

Pros

free lunches and get free night at the hotel after a year.

Cons

short hours

Mercure has a fun an relaxed envirenment for its workers

* A typical work day was busy but enjoyable because the employees knew how to make work fun. *I learned the importance of communication skills and team work as well as using initiative. *Management in the housekeeping department was well organised and helpful when you had a problem or questions. *All co-workers in Mercure hotel were friendly and helpful. *The hardest part of the job at the hotel was the heavy lifting of the linen bags when they were filled and had to be taken outside for pick up. *The part i enjoyed most about the job was meeting the people who cleaned the hotel rooms.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

it was only seasonal work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Accor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Accor