Accor
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Accor Employee Reviews for Housekeeper

Housekeeper5 reviews
New Zealand5 reviews
The team was always there to the help me to learn and get more experience. It was an amazing first job and I learned a lot with them. I will be always thankful for the opportunity.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Hot rooms
it was busy
learned how to clean rooms

management needs a lot of work

the hardest part of the job would have to be move from floor to floor and having to be quick

the most enjoyable part was getting to know my co-workers :)
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no recognition
Working for Accor I was responsible for cleaning guests rooms to a high standard. No two days are the same, sometimes we would finish on time, sometimes we would work later than normal. I was expected to make beds, vaccum rooms, dust, tidy and present rooms for guests to stay in. I would also have to clean bathrooms and toilets to a very high standard. I would need to provide clean linen, towels etc.. to allow the guests to enjoy their stay.
Pros
meeting different people
Cons
aching body at the end of the day
Most of the time i have worked at the hotel was enjoyable. Work mates were friendly and always work as a team.Everyone are very helpful and always put a smile on no matter what the day brings.
I have learned so much through the year i have been there and also gained some experience as well. The management are friendly and everyone were treated the same. For me this is one of the easiest job i have got ever since i have worked.
Pros
free lunches and get free night at the hotel after a year.
Cons
short hours
* A typical work day was busy but enjoyable because the employees knew how to make work fun.
*I learned the importance of communication skills and team work as well as using initiative.

*Management in the housekeeping department was well organised and helpful when you had a problem or questions.

*All co-workers in Mercure hotel were friendly and helpful.

*The hardest part of the job at the hotel was the heavy lifting of the linen bags when they were filled and had to be taken outside for pick up.

*The part i enjoyed most about the job was meeting the people who cleaned the hotel rooms.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
it was only seasonal work
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Accor. Our community is ready to answer.
1.3K