Accor

New Zealand5 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Found 5 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,890 reviews

Goals

I’ve achieved so many goals while working at Accor. Eg: started as a room attendants until I’ve became a supervisor. Not only that Accor gave me so many opportunities. When our department’s executive was away our department gave me a effort to run the department with the support of the general manager and the front office manager

what i have learned and communication

It is great to work with colleagues and other employees in other departments. I receive great work support, advancement opportunities, communication skills, much more..

fun workplace

A typical day at work for me was making beds, dusting down rooms, scrubbing toilets, cleaning bathrooms until you saw no marks or creases wherever it was that i was cleaning. I learned how to make a bed properly and also the in's and outs of what it was like to be a Room Attendant which was quite interesting and fun on my part. The hardest part of the job while learning for me was the time limit on each room and having to be out and onto the next room within 30 minutes. The most enjoyable part of this job was the friendly faces I had around me, meeting new people and also getting the experience and insight of what it was like to be a Room Attendant.

Pros

Free Lunch, New People

Cons

The long drive out to work and home in traffic everyday

Exhausting but rewarding

It was quite difficult some days due to poor communication between the different departments. It was frustrating to hear that we had guests waiting for rooms we didn't even know were arriving that day. But overall, the staff were amazing to work with and the experience I obtained was more than worth it. If anything, the best days definitely outweigh the bad ones.

Productive and fun workplace

Productive and fun workplace. I learned how to make a perfect bed, the hardest part of this job is you have to be so fast. The most enjoyable part of this job is when we're having a party to my supervisor's place.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

short hours

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Accor?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Accor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Accor
  • Room Attendant
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?