Accor
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Accor Culture reviews

progressive and inclusive company, work culture understood as important, tight reporting schedules, good people in key senior management positions, big player in the marketplace.
Pros
strong team culture by most
Cons
it was busy learned how to clean rooms management needs a lot of work the hardest part of the job would have to be move from floor to floor and having to be quick the most enjoyable part was getting to know my co-workers :)
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no recognition
Enjoyed working for a big company who supported you every step of the way. I was able to grow in the industry and work my way around the different departments and learning how each department worked.
Pros
Loved the workers, management and the many people who worked through our doors
Cons
Not applicable
My first experience working place in New Zealand. They are my teacher. This is the place where I learned a lot with regards to hospitality task. Being in this venture, is quite difficult to non-experienced like me. But, the good thing is, if you love to work and love your work, everyday is always a fun day working. Management are too supportive, they gave you trainings and seminars. Co-workers? We are on different races, meaning different cultures and belief, some were supportive others are'nt.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
time pressured
I totally enjoyed this place the staff the customers the opportunities and perks we received totally loved working here and would return soon if i could
The job requires a confident and persuasive demeanor to manage and expand your own database.This is an outbound contact center where sales targets are to be met on a daily basis.Although coaching is offered on the job,some rebuffs by customers may become emotionally draining.The salary in part is commission -based,and this may become difficult to maintain in the current economy.
Pros
Sales incentives
Cons
Very competitive - targeted if sales target is not met
* A typical work day was busy but enjoyable because the employees knew how to make work fun. *I learned the importance of communication skills and team work as well as using initiative. *Management in the housekeeping department was well organised and helpful when you had a problem or questions. *All co-workers in Mercure hotel were friendly and helpful. *The hardest part of the job at the hotel was the heavy lifting of the linen bags when they were filled and had to be taken outside for pick up. *The part i enjoyed most about the job was meeting the people who cleaned the hotel rooms.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
it was only seasonal work
Productive and fun workplace. I learned how to make a perfect bed, the hardest part of this job is you have to be so fast. The most enjoyable part of this job is when we're having a party to my supervisor's place.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short hours