Accor
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Accor Management reviews

New Zealand22 reviews
I’ve achieved so many goals while working at Accor.
Eg: started as a room attendants until I’ve became a supervisor.

Not only that Accor gave me so many opportunities.

When our department’s executive was away our department gave me a effort to run the department with the support of the general manager and the front office manager
progressive and inclusive company, work culture understood as important, tight reporting schedules, good people in key senior management positions, big player in the marketplace.
Pros
strong team culture by most
Cons
It was quite difficult some days due to poor communication between the different departments. It was frustrating to hear that we had guests waiting for rooms we didn't even know were arriving that day. But overall, the staff were amazing to work with and the experience I obtained was more than worth it. If anything, the best days definitely outweigh the bad ones.
it was busy
learned how to clean rooms

management needs a lot of work
the hardest part of the job would have to be move from floor to floor and having to be quick
the most enjoyable part was getting to know my co-workers :)
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no recognition
Enjoyed working for a big company who supported you every step of the way. I was able to grow in the industry and work my way around the different departments and learning how each department worked.
Pros
Loved the workers, management and the many people who worked through our doors
Cons
Not applicable
Most of the time i have worked at the hotel was enjoyable. Work mates were friendly and always work as a team.Everyone are very helpful and always put a smile on no matter what the day brings.
I have learned so much through the year i have been there and also gained some experience as well.
The management are friendly and everyone were treated the same. For me this is one of the easiest job i have got ever since i have worked.
Pros
free lunches and get free night at the hotel after a year.
Cons
short hours
My first experience working place in New Zealand. They are my teacher. This is the place where I learned a lot with regards to hospitality task.

Being in this venture, is quite difficult to non-experienced like me. But, the good thing is, if you love to work and love your work, everyday is always a fun day working.

Management are too supportive, they gave you trainings and seminars. Co-workers? We are on different races, meaning different cultures and belief, some were supportive others are'nt.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
time pressured
I enjoyed working with Accor Hospitality as it gives everyone fair chances and growth opportunities. Work environment is really pleasant and I met a lot of funny and hard working people. Most enjoyable part of our job was to catch up with our co-workers after a hectic day in near by pub. I appreciate Accor Hospitality's management to have a clear transparency and good attitude for the staffs. Lastly I thank this group to make me a better disciplined person with some quality management skills.
* A typical work day was busy but enjoyable because the employees knew how to make work fun.
*I learned the importance of communication skills and team work as well as using initiative.

*Management in the housekeeping department was well organised and helpful when you had a problem or questions.
*All co-workers in Mercure hotel were friendly and helpful.

*The hardest part of the job at the hotel was the heavy lifting of the linen bags when they were filled and had to be taken outside for pick up.

*The part i enjoyed most about the job was meeting the people who cleaned the hotel rooms.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
it was only seasonal work