ACE Cash Express

ACE Cash Express Employee Reviews

2.9Work–Life Balance

Showing all 1,432 reviews

You're by yourself most of the time which is good for some challenging for others. I found it fine because no one was looking over my shoulder and I like to be independent.

Direction catastrophique

Aucune considération pour les employés et absentéisme totale de la direction

Pros

L’équipe

Cons

La direction

compania solida y estable

compania con muy buena solides. requiere de metas a corto y largo plazo, lo unico esque no hay equipo, se tardan en responder de las oficinas centrales. lugar calmado para trabajar pero los horarios no son flexibles. pros...para comenzar a hacerte metas esta biencons..lejos de tu familia por el horario y las horas de trabajo son muy largas .

Tough place it’s easy but it gets ugly fast

I wouldn’t do it. Overworked, by yourself, no breaks with a constant flow, promoting within the company didn’t exist, harass you about selling cards that no one wanted, no support, floating around, messy co workers and managers,store also had rodent issues, stores were dirty most times, and not safe

Overall working for Ace Cash Express

At first when I got my job with Ace Cash Express I worked in the center's by myself which is very dangerous can never be too sure about that kind of work and the field that is in is people that you are working around or that you live with or whatever they could be that one more person that just could be coming greedy and want to rob you or whatever that just takes your life for me or it could happen that way. And now that they have their system is called the pilot program I believe this job is really way too stressful

Great for a single person with no kids

I love the job but long hours and there’s a high turn over rate because they don’t like the long hours but the pay is great and they offer pay time off and holidays after ur 90 days

Stressful

No work life balance, must be willing to work regardless of what is going in your personal life. No team support, long hours, and off day request… forget about it.

Pay good that’s about it

Pay was good but work life was horrible. Don’t care about family life. Stuck in a box for 12 how’ hours. Some times all by yourself. No breaks thru out the day

Good slow paced job, still requires selling

Work life balance is decent because it's the type of job that you can only do at the store. The least enjoyable part of this job is having to push the company's debit cards in addition to pay day loans and check cashing. Making sure you do your due diligence for cashing checks is more stressful without having to talk the customer into doing direct deposit..there's usually a reason they prefer to cash checks than go to their bank.

Pros

not having to have face to face interactions with customers

Cons

pushy managers, short staff, upselling pressure

Hands down the worse company I’ve worked for.

You have no value as a person to this company. No communication with district manager. Very unorganized and favoritism is the only way to get help, if you aren’t a favorite, good luck getting along of your dm.

Don't Do It

Facts: The pay is good $13/HR The benefits are above fair. And while they try the management can't keep promises because they are way too short staffed no one wants to stay because you never get to stay in the location your hired for you keep getting pulled to cover and get tired of it quickly. That said you get 2, 10 min breaks and 30 minutes lunch. And depending on who you work with there is some great people hanging in there. While others seem to pick you up just to put you down.

Pros

breaks, and lunch

Cons

everything else

Do not work here horrible company

First off you always getting send from branch to branch not even considering how much gas is ! Second they do not care if you have an emergency or if your sick your always working alone … customers are always complaining on how packed the branch will be & your always alone & to top it off they have no security no cameras they stress you out with card sells they’re so ungrateful no room for growth in

Cons

Great higher up leadership in Collections department. That saves the job.

The work is fine it's the mgmt that makes the wk place undesirable. The benefits are good, but very expensive & not commensurate with the salary. The raises are not cost of living raises. Our Director is top tier though and very helpful! We're human beings to her and not just employees. Which is greatly appreciated.

Lack of Training

I didn’t even finish my training because the lack there of. I felt it was a serious position and should have been treated as such and it was not. I feel getting in contact with management was hard to do and a waste of time.

The management sucked. The job itself was great. I wish they would take a better look who they put as managers. They lack people skills. It’s bad when my customers are asking to speak with someone above the managers.

Pros

Easy environment

Long hours no appreciation

Always short staffed. Makes it almost impossible to take a vacation. Do get to work unsupervised most of the time which is great if you are a self starter.

Pros

Lots of overtime.

Cons

Nobody cares just get the job done.

Very stressful

Management and upper management always pushing for good numbers but rarely give good examples of how to reach those numbers. "Just do it" kind of attitude. They're always hiring because new employees don't last because lack of proper training. And the ones who have been there longer are ever compensated.

Janky company

If you’re looking for a job you’ll quit almost right out of training if not sooner, or looking to work in the hood no matter which location this is the job for you.

Easy job once you get the hang of things

I love this company. It has given me so much experience and the growth opportunity is amazing. I’ve had two promotions in the three years I’ve worked here. My hourly pay has also gone up a lot since I began working for this company.

Pros

Work alone, paid extra incentives and mileage, advancement opportunities

Cons

Long work shifts

Not a great work environment

Have to eat in between customers / very long shifts/ called in to work on day off / underpaid no work life balance. Was not the best fit for me as a mom and wife. Very stressful work environment

Unfair, Busy stores . Just 1 person in the store

It's unfair, they are very busy stores and they only keep 1 person. it's insane It is not pleasant to work there. from 11 to 12 hours. unable to eat. because it is always very busy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACE Cash Express. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ACE Cash Express