ACE TOWING logo
ACE TOWING
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ACE TOWING Employee Reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

To many hours at a low rate of pay

Low pay to many hours ($12.50) not enough home time with family not enough money no time or money to live life only one benefiting is owner with the sweat off your back 60+ hours a week really sucks!!!

Pros

Cons

Low pay no benefits very very long work week

Consistantly getting wrong info on jobs

This started out as a great job, pay was not close to being what it should for the stress of constanty wrong information on tow jobs, resulting in wasted time and heavier rushed work load. Hrs are 8 /day, then on call nights for same drivers. If streamlined, would have been a great job minus pay, but currently can not recommend. Absolutely no family life of any kind due to under staffing and hrs required. Was told 5 weeks training, not even half and was sent out, learned alot from training but nothing close to what i ran into when on my own. Very unorganized, in office and shop. Trucks are not as well equipped as should be.

Pros

Helping people

Cons

No health care, no pay stubs, sent on many jobs without proper information

Management actually cares

One of the best companies I’ve worked for as as a towing. I’ve worked for a lot of different tow companies, and this one is one of the best. They care about the drivers and understand their needs. You can actually make a good living at it, if you do it right. A lot of incentives and extra pay. Overall good people to work for. I’d still be there if I didn’t have to move out of state to care for family.

Pros

A lot of incentives

Cons

Have to deal with traffic and weather

Great place to work!

This is the best place i have ever worked they are such understanding owners with a lot of compassion for the employees. I would recommend working for this company.

The company is all about there pockets Nd do not care about the drivers at all

Will never go back to work there everything is the drivers fault and the dispatch Has so much Favoritism that only certain drivers make money if there is Zynga damage to the towed vehicle the driver pays out of pocket and drivers only make min wage

Happy happy happy

John and G are Great people to work for they are always willing to help you advance and give you all the training you need to do your job and beyond. Very understanding people

Pros

Great people to work for

Cons

Super busy

Great Company

Loved working for Ace Towing the owners are awesome. My manager was great the people I work with are great. I would highly recommend this place for employment.

caring and met current fiancee (supervisor) there

A typical day or shift as it were per day would start out me coming in at 5:55pm and punching in (clocking in) greeting my supervisor and then doing fleet inventory of all the trucks that were not on calls at the moment and taking down mileage logs of the previous week and weekend and then turning them into the main offices which was in the back part of the yard then going to the dispatch office and answering phones while my supervisor was doing other administrative jobs and whenever a vehicle owner would call for service I would see who would be in the company fleet driver wise first up and then I would reach for the Verizon flip two way phone and select the drivers name in the history two way log and press the talk button on the side of the phone and wait till I got a reply when the driver would answer I would request his location and see how close he was to the call and then I would tell him to come in and get the service order from me and head out if the driver was unloading a car in the yard I would have him pull his truck up to the office and get the info needed for the call weather it was a battery jump or a tow it did need to be specified when that driver was on scene he would radio the dispatch phone and say on scene or something to let me know that he was in the location where the truck was needed sometimes I would do a vehicle release and my supervisor would do the dispatching depending on how she felt and we always took turns doing releases and then she would send me in her car to get food for us and sometimes we would go and close up early and transfer the phones -

Pros

free meals and priveledges of driving thre trucks

Cons

certain anger issues of customers and sometimes drivers

All the bosses are great. They understand about family life and do their best to accommodate within reason. Most parallel employees will go out of their way to answer questions, and give you pointers at being more successful.

Great company to work for!

Great company! Everyone here is friendly... very fast paced and do there best to have you in and out with your vehicle. They also have a sweet dog there

When you're in good it's good if you're not, good luck.

It starts out as a great place to work and your tested as a person and not just a body. That soon wasted off and you start to realize just how terrible the owners are. There are no advancement opportunities, you work ungodly hrs, if you volunteer once it's always expected, it doesn't matter if you run calls all night long and get an hour of sleep you are expected to be in at 730am. Work home balance, there is none.

I miss working there I don’t miss the angry customers.

Ace towing I’ve learned a lot working at this company and I regret a lot things as well but over all it’s a crazy place to work at customers are always yelling and talking down on you and mad at you because they have to pay the tow fees even if there vehicle was stolen I loved working at Ace everyone is pretty easy to get along with and it’s very fast paced environment

Very good for learning

My review upon ace towing, it was quiet a good job, great for learning, and building skills. Management for the drivers was awesome, and our secretary was great, office manager is a drug user smokes on job in office and etc.

Pros

Great for learning

Cons

The office manager does drugs in the office on the clock and very unorganized.

Closed up shop

Was a a good place to work for except some drivers got away with too many things and some received better calls at times it did eventually work out when driver took too many days of from work and nicely balanced out my pay checks most of the time .worked for this company for a long time and seen many drivers come and go ,sad that the the company shut down was not planning on looking for another job so soon .what I liked about the job is I got to challenge my skills at recovery and helping people who need my services ,the hours were long and hard but I stuck it out till the end and proved my resolve to never quit when things got bad. I am grateful for my time working for ace

Pros

Good money when it was busy .

Cons

Having to work holidays and weekends being on call 6 days a week

Fast paced position and risky when working at night.

This job required an employee to tow vehicles based on calls received and cars parked wrongfully or without parking permits. Management knows her traffic and private property laws and always tried to take care of her employees.

Pros

Every day was different.

Cons

Working nights got harder to work.

It was productive l perfected my skilled in confrontetion and communicating with other collegues.

I liked the job it gave me an opportunity to know different skills in motoring,though l worked long hours very day it was a good experience for me.l had a good relationship with all employees and owners of the company.

Pros

n/a

Cons

very long hours

I regret leaving ace towing

Being at ace towing I gained some experience and I was there kinda long. The management is awesome, the people are awesome, of course we deal with me customers and by the time they leave most of em is smiling. Great service etc. If I could get another chance to work back at ace towing I would take it.

Good site

Everyone is decent, someone i would and also wouldn't recommend. But they do take care of their people. Just not a good environment when employees over you are favored more.

what i learned at ace towing

I LEARNED ALOT OF CUSTOMER SERVICE, i learned alot in computer work , 10 keys , about cars , learned alot bout my co workers. learned how to take resonsibility.

friendly drivers....

I liked the drivers and got along with them....but the shifts that you worked were wacked out and a really hard schedule....not good for family life or personal time at all...depending on if the driver ahead of you on call answers the calls you could be on call or working 24hrs for 3 days ....too much for me to do...loss of sleep and just exhausted...asked for a better schedule and the answer was no.

Pros

free donuts at meetings

Cons

meetings at 7 in the morning on your day off

Towing, Spent a lot of time alone in the office

A typical day at work started was opening up and posting invoices. Taking calls and dispatching trucks. Not really a lot of interaction with other employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACE TOWING. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ACE TOWING