ACFS
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ACFS Employee Reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Used to be a fun place to work

The work was hard, and I wouldn't expect any less. When we changed warehouse for a bigger one around the corner, we had to swallow a pay cut of $2 per hour, dropping our rates to $27.5. New management only cared about the speed on which we worked, never cared too much about safety and made the boys work unloading containers on their own, with one forklift driver overlooking sometimes up to 7 containers, also the reach stackers would come dangerously close to where we were working. Induction on the site was non-existant and many casual labourers would walk away after a few hours, feeling non-appreciated. When I raised the issue of safety, none of the managers seemed to care. Management had no practical experience of the work and was alienated.

Pros

Working with a fun crew.

Cons

No security, being watched all the time, dropped rates, management terrible.

Total contempt for the blue collar workers

Possibly the worst place I have worked in my near 40 years in transport. Top heavy with chiefs who no sod all about the nuts and bolts and too much emphasis on americanised team building instead of getting on with it. The driver trainer was fresh out of nappies and couldn't hook up a road train without dropping it yet we all had to follow his lead

Pros

Cons

Everything is always your fault

Dream come true

It has been a dream to own a successful business of my own that I built from the ground up with friends and family. Took a few years and a lot of hard work and determination but feel that I have taken the time to make sure that I was gonna succeed.

very bad company to work for

This was the worst job I have ever had! they were abusive and rude. You are spoken down to and treated like absolute dirt. I do not recommend them at all.

A Must for Families

Awesome organization to work for. They are very family oriented and thrive on education and helping others. This mental health organization is operated by an awesome team.

Exciting

Fun company to work with Fun people to work with Good company culture People are excellent Management are excellent Very good equipment Very supportive company

Excellente entreprise

Entreprise national australienne s'occupant du déchargement de container, du stockage et de la livraison auprès des clients.

Acfs

My day at work starts off with cleaning , than making sure everything is in its place and than i would sometimes go out of town with one of the co-workers to a fair to go hand out stuff about fostering and child care. I learned that life is hard and you have to be on time or you don't get payed but most of all we all have to grow up and become adults.My co-workers were funny and so mice to me! They were like my family. The hardest part of my job would be having to take the kids away from the parents and the meeting with the parents at there place can be really hard and scary but the best part that job is seeing the parents get better and seeing them with there family again and being able to make new friends.

Pros

free lunch, meeting new people

Cons

nothing

Terrible shonky company. Worst name on the waterfront

Terribly run company known for standover tactics on its employees. No safety whatsoever, money over safety everytime. Greedy owners trying to rob their employees and prey on young people who dont know their rights. They wonder why no one wants to work for them and struggle to fill positions. What kind of company wont even provide safety boots for their employees. Enough said

Great workmate

great place to work. great people and a productive work line. Salary is ok. and over time is optional. unfortunately work loads suddenly drop.

not a good place to work

not a good place to work and not enough money.. There work place health and safety needs to be stepped up a lot more.. and for people to work overtime at least offer more money as it isnt good enough the conditions...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACFS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ACFS