ACH Group logo
ACH Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ACH Group Employee Reviews

3.2Pay & Benefits

Good place to start

It was a good place to start. While interning at the ACH Group, I learned a lot about real-estate markets and how to work in a high paced environment.

Pros

n/a

Cons

n/a

Too concerned

Too concerned about covering their own backsides rather than support the workers through culture of bullying and intimidation. Has been like this for past 8 years....

Aged care

Very stressful environment, top heavy (management), more profit driven than it needed to be, undervalues hard workers, management changes all the time, rarely promotes staff, lots of gossipers and HR were not equipped to look after the amount of staff employed there - and did not understand what the word confidential meant.

Not a nice place to work

Bullying is their best skill and HR actually promote it. Below average wages and management have no idea what they're doing or what's happening among their staff. Glad I got out when I did!

Risky Business

A contemporary philosophy and a history of greatness. It’s a shame that ACH has lost its way. Bullying and poor governance is the practice ‘de jure’.

Good place

Enjoyed working there great place to clean friendly staff very clean site all health offices was kept to the highest clean standard's all staff was respectable

Busy, challenging but rewarding

Nice homely facility but a needed rebuild has been talked about since I started in 2011.... Aged care always run off your feet no matter where u work..... never enough staff, work load is to much.... A carer should be a carer not be in the kitchen and cleaning and doing medications... too much responsibility put on the senior staff members and communication is always a issue. Love my residents and I do love my job. Only pay up to level 4 not 7..... that is ACH policy..... we should be paid at the level we are as senior care workers have alot more responsibility...... Never get any acknowledgment or recognition from management....

Pros

Making a difference in elderly residents lives

Cons

Residents passing

Friendly staff and great facility

Through ACh mil para aged care facility, I was able to understand the difference of roles in age care and hospital setting. I realised that in aged care facility RN has a huge responsibility, yet there is a lack of opportunity to perform nursing skills.

Pros

relaxing and satisfying workload

Cons

huge responsibility

Easy to get lost in the big machine

The corporate culture is not healthy. People are gossiping and there is a lot of negative talk at the Head Office. While their corporate values promote individuality and uniqueness, they enforce adherence to 'conformance' of the status quo. They do not care about individual experiences, opinions or suggestions, but only ever expect employees to walk and talk the latest corporate line. They admit to recruiting into the casual pool and say that you can then apply for positions as they are advertised internally. However, they will keep people in the casual pool for years, especially if they can move you from site to site as it is not easy to get someone who is able to adapt to changed work set-up. They would rather recruit someone from outside and appoint that person to a fixed job while moving the poor casual person form site to site, having to deal with all the uncertainty of starting fresh every few weeks or just "holding the fort" while someone is on leave or away for training. I was in the causal pool for almost two years and applied for 4 positions internally in other areas of the business. Each time a person from outside was appointed and I was kept in the temp role until they moved me again to another 'casual role'. I finally left when I met someone who had been in the 'casual role' for more than three years.

Cons

no opportunity to grow career or get permanent position

A day at ACH

A usual day at ACH bring a lots of hopes and cheerful memories where the residents and co workers stay together positively for each other. The right amount of quality services are provided to residents on individual preferences and requirements.

Pros

Quality services

Cons

Pay rates

Quiet

It was only part time work with these there was not many hours. I was working Monday-Friday but only 2.5 to 3 hours a day and I needed a lot more hours/salary

Pros

Free dinner

Cons

Short hours

help people

help the elderly with house work, wash dishes, vacuum, mop floors, put washing out or bring it in, make beds, prepare lunch or tea. personal care, help with dressing, showering, dressing transport to shops, appointments

Manager was great

I liked my manager. Job security was none existent proved when the company went into liquidation overnight, resulting in over half of the staff being let go with no warning.

kitchen hand, cooking staff

organizing, reheating, making prep, setting up tables, communication with different cultures. Cleaning up after yourself, and of course others. moping after the end of shift. I learned it is very good to be 15 mins early to make sure your'e prepared

Great organisation to work for . Management always helpful and supportive . Can work as many or as less hours as you prefer .

Pros

Salary sacrifice

Cons

Too many cleaning jobs

A toxic place to work

There was no direction from senior management, they did not agree on anything and this fed down to the workers. The atmosphere was very toxic and unpleasant and the senior HR managers added to this unpleasantness.

Pros

Cons

Very bad management and toxic environment

unprofessional

I worked here for quite a long time at first it was amazing I used to wake up and be excited to go to work , then when we got bought out it completely changed, the owners did not treat the staff right at all and they had a lot of unprofessional people working for them.

Huge learning experience in business and project development

A typical day at work: Developing a project plan for a peer learning network with an aged care provider Literature review and online search of peer learning networks Developing a customer consultancy model using co design approaches Monthly reporting Consulting with internal and external stakeholders What I learned: Co design and consumer consultation techniques associated with change management strategies Working with a management team and learning about corporate branding Management: A not for profit agency where I was employed in a corporate office. There existed an extensive hierarchy. The management team I was working with were highly innovative and creative striving for new approaches to aged care services Co workers Genuinely hardworking and committed co workers. Strong concern for customers and team. The hardest part of my job: Being patient with lengthy processes due to the workplace being very big and having a range of procedures. The most enjoyable part of my job: Working with great people, making difference and developing a project plan for an exciting project.

Pros

Free Pilates class every Tuesday Lunch time

Cons

No parking

Caring and Productive Environment

A typical day at work would be to first have a chat with the Stay at Home team. Then get stuck into sending surveys to customers, updating contractor details or requesting details, data entry of Stay at Home requests for assistance. Answering the phone.I learned how appreciative customers were of the Stay at Home program.Management were easy to talk to and approachable.My co-workers were extremely hard working, they worked together well and also had a sense of humour.The hardest part of the job was trying to get hold of the supervisors, as they were out to see customers during the day.The most enjoyable part of the job was the team I worked with, the confidence they had in me in doing my job and speaking with customers and contractors.

Pros

lovely left over sandwiches and cake from training sessions held at ach

Cons

no parking available.

Working for ACH Group

It was an honor and great privilege to work for ACH Group. the amount of support and encouragements offered by the management team is absolutely outstanding.

Pros

great management support

Cons

nil

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACH Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ACH Group