ACME logo
ACME
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ACME Employee Reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Acme

Nice, cool, okay, not bad,lots of changes needed great benefits work life balance could be better. One day at a time step by step day by day. Strive mlre

Un poco tenso

Es buena empresa pero debería ser mas selectiva con la gente que contrata, el. Horario muy bueno los jefes amables el lugar de trabajo poco pequeño.

Pros

Comisiones

Cons

Había compañeros que te pisaba los talones

Fun

Good work environment, free food, free insurance, holidays, good hours, good location, good co workers, strong management, unique challenges everyday

Pros

Free

Cons

Free

Good place to learn a new demographic of the industry

Can't recommend because they've closed good place to learn new business wide variety of tasks duties some new negotiating skills were learned and identification skills of components

Good first job

This was my first job in high school and was mainly a positve experience. Working in retail will boost your patience and toughen your skin. Only negative part was mainly managers and supervisors, not very good about working around your schedule. Be ready to work weekends and holidays.

Flexible and friendly staff

Great job for those looking for a second job or part time work while in school. Flexible hours. The staff is very helpful and friendly. You can also change departments as you get acquainted with the store.

Pros

Flexible scheduling, essential during pandemic

Cons

Boring, monotonous

fun

the job at fun was fun joy peace fun hope you in the fun now. join acme your life will never be dull ever in the future. the day in the life of acme fun fun.

My ACME Experience

I was lucky enough to get hired on at ACME during the pandemic, I enjoyed the people I worked alongside, management was hands off, but not to the point of being unhelpful or unapproachable. My biggest issues regarded the pay which was kind of tight, I could pay my rent, but not much else. My other issue being benefits aren't offered for a long period of time, which is understandable on the corporate side and is the status quo for many jobs. You definitely earn your money at ACME, and if you'd like to do so this is the place for you.

Pros

Great people, Hands off although helpful management

Cons

Pay, Part timers are ineligable for benefits.

Great PT gig

Acme is easy to work at. The schedules are flexible and the management team works right along with the staff. Pay scale is fairly decent and the customers and tips are awesome.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

COvid 19

Find a better place

Work-life balanceThay always have the last wordPay & benefitsThay have noneOverallSucks don't wast your time with this company you will regret it management does not care about employees they will ride you till you are done all you can and more they do not care for you will discard you and get someone else do not waste your time or energy working for this company they suck if you can go somewhere else I would only consider this job as the last resort

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ACME?

Do not work for acme

Managers failed to train and prepare. Extremely unorganized. Fails to provide correct schedules. Takes away hours. You can't have an emergency leave. I have been hospitalized and they fired me even with a note proving that I have been hospitalized. Very rude and loud infront of customers. Direct deposit failures.

Pros

No emergency leave. Bad training. Unorganization. Low pay.

Cons

Easy to get in. Weekly pay

A positive work experience, there is a lot to learn and potential for advancement.

The management team will work with you to learn and advance your career. However, there is high competition for advancement. It could be years before there is an opening to advance your career. Which is a good thing. It means the people who start here, finish here. Acme retains its employees, compensate fairly, and promotes from within. Best start with Acme young, so you can commit the time necessary to advance.

Pros

They are always looking for hard workers to advance.

Cons

Very competitive.

Working for Acme was the best job experience I have had everyone made me feel like family

management team, Human resource and union were absolutely amazing Whenever a problem arised everyone would help take are of what needed to be done

Pros

family oriented

Cons

pay needed to meet my experience as a cashier

Some of the worst people I've ever worked with

Their was afew really nice people there, but they quickly moved on. It was a tight circle of nepotism hiring only to cover up their poor work habits and in some cases straight out massive theft of product and embezzlement. Absolutely no worker right, really low pay, and zero workmens comp. Glad they don't exist anymore. The world's a better place

Pros

One hour lunch

Cons

Every thing.... and that thing that owned it

I work at acme supermarket in nj

I work in one of the supermarket of Acme in North NJ.hours is OK because the manager is good.the Company DON`T CARE ABOUT EMPLOYEESthe pay $11/hr give $17 a year pension 60% health insurance.30 mini Lunch, one 15 mini brake.if you stay over time they DON`T` pay you.they don`t like new idea. the people from the main office have high ego.they charge you for uniform you carry very heavy good all day. UNION CHARGE YOU$30 A WEEKDON`T WORK FOR ACME DON`T WORK FOR ACME DON`T WORK FOR ACME

Pros

they charge you for uniform

Cons

30 Mini lunch

no guidelines

They hope you know everything, the manufacturing ideas are basically the same, only the procedures change, in my position there was no induction or training prior to performing my position, they gave me less than three months, in which there was no training and There is a culture of disorder and lack of respect that I have never seen in my entire working life, unless you want to be an employee who is never taken into account and you do not want to improve yourself, I recommend acme, if not, run away and do not look back

benefits

Cons

they expect you know everything

It's a good start or when in a rut

It's a process of a job, and I did everything from frozen,deli,packer,produce, register, and everything in between. Got really good hours due to this however the work load is heavy...good start and they will welcoming if you ever need to go back.

Pros

Flexible, family environment

Cons

Drama, low pay, rare pay increases, about minimum wage

N/a

It wasn’t enough hours for everyone to work but they continued to hire new people. The manager was very disrespectful and always had a attitude with the employees.

Good place to work for the short term

A grocery store. they respected hours of availability and my time didn't feel wasted. Manager made sure to put me in positions I enjoyed so that when he was short staffed somewhere he could put in that position on short notice.

Love working with people and love to talk to people.

When you work at a retail store who have to have confidence but not to much. You alway want to help costumer’s out not just point finger out and said it is In aisle 3, or it is in the third aisle, take the costumer show them where the item is. Then go back to what you were doing. All was be happy and polite to the costumer and if they rude to you walk away and tell someone. You don’t have to talk to them or help them you get someone else to help them. There is always away to deal with someone like that.

Great work enviromenth

I feel happy with the time I spent at acme. My co-workers were very welcoming and helpful, my managers are easy going and they let me work. I understand the job so I comein sms work with nobody on my back.

Pros

Work environment

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACME. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ACME