ACME

ACME Employee Reviews for Cashier

Cashier40 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Good company to work for. Flexible hours, great coworkers, good products and clean store. Loved my coworkers. Learned how to handle difficult customers.

Very complicated

Very complicated management situation, my time there was filled with anguish and I couldn’t tell if it was from the idea of not being paid enough or the fact my boss had something against my scheduling so I wouldn’t be scheduled

I would not recommend Working at Acme

Not a good place if you’re looking for full-time.. The pay is OK.. I never let you get a project done that they tell you to get done.. uniforms are cool… That make promises they cannot keep

Pros

I enjoyed getting to know my customers

Cons

Very poor management and they do not train very well

Worst place I’ve ever worked at

Managers are horrible pay especially in a summer town is awful you go up to like $17-&18 an hour in the summer then down to minimum wage in the winter. Getting time off is nearly impossible

all around bad starting job

one solid manager with the rest being annoying and bossy, told to work holidays but no holiday pay, plus extra 20 out of paycheck each check from union, managers don't listen and aren't helpful with scheduling at all, below average pay with little to no benefits

Pros

15 min breaks, good front end manager, easy to call out

Cons

bad managment, bad pay, poor scheduling

- Low pay long term- Only start out as part-time, only managers work full-time- Flexible for part-time

The job is not exhausting, however, do not expect a significant wage increase, not a good long-term job because the pay increase is 25c max per year, therefore you will have to work a long time (20yrs) in the company to actually make $4-5 above minimum wage.

Good first job

This was my first job in high school and was mainly a positve experience. Working in retail will boost your patience and toughen your skin. Only negative part was mainly managers and supervisors, not very good about working around your schedule. Be ready to work weekends and holidays.

Do not work for acme

Managers failed to train and prepare. Extremely unorganized. Fails to provide correct schedules. Takes away hours. You can't have an emergency leave. I have been hospitalized and they fired me even with a note proving that I have been hospitalized. Very rude and loud infront of customers. Direct deposit failures.

Pros

No emergency leave. Bad training. Unorganization. Low pay.

Cons

Easy to get in. Weekly pay

N/a

It wasn’t enough hours for everyone to work but they continued to hire new people. The manager was very disrespectful and always had a attitude with the employees.

good for high school students or college

This job is good for high school students that are 16 just wanting a job to make money, or college students that want to work and need a flexible job that works with them.

The job was un organized

It was a good layup job but they make the little thing a big problem but other then that the job was fun and good to have and learn from the job had less co worker and the job was only giving out 7 hours for cashier but night crew was the best it was the easier but most lobaor job you can have I love stockinv

Slow and fast paced

Thw hours are flexible great employees. Funny managers but serious also. I like the customers. They were nice. The register was extremely easy to lern

Incompatible with the schedules of students

In my experience this company overworks and underpays its part time employees. High school students working here after classes were given tightly packed schedules that were difficult to balance with academics. On several occasions the company got out of allowing us a lunch period by scheduling employees for just under eight hours (I.e. seven hours and forty-five minutes).

Acme fun

I would walk in and clock in, then go to a register and start ringing. A lot of the customers there were very rude for the most part. I loved the genuinely sweet customers that made me smile. The cashiers and some people on the management team were helpful and kind. The most enjoyable part of the job were some of the people i got to work with but the hardest part of the job is trying to explain the prices to customers and them just not seeming to understand the situation no matter how many times you explain it to them.

Pros

discounts

Cons

short breaks

Emergency Job

Acme dose not pay well but if you need a few extra $ or a second job just to keep bills down its good because they will work with your regular job schedule

it was a busy great productive place to work in

everyone was nice and motivating . I was a cashier , I delt with all different types of customers so mean some nice , my reaction was always respectful . I was also stocking merchandise when I didn't have any customers ,it honestly wasn't no hardest part about the job I caught on to everything and everyone helped as a team

Pros

nothing was free

Cons

breaks was actually great

It was a good working experience

It was a very cool place to get some good working experience working here to get some good working experience. I liked the fact that the hours were pretty flexible and that the hours were pretty flexible.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

The pay

Stressful work environment with poor management!

Upper upper management is awful and trickles down to every level under, causing every other level of management to be handled poorly, giving everyone at the bottom massive amounts of stress daily.

Pros

Union, health care

Cons

not worth the stress overload

Great after school job

As a part time cashier, I assisted customer's with their bags, re-shelved returns, and collected carts. I learned as a teenager the importance of good customer service. Management provided a good working environment. I got along with all the other employees. They were happy to help train me as well. The hardest part of the job was I couldn't fit in more working hours. I did enjoy meeting the customers. I got to know them by name after only a few weeks.

Pros

Salary was good for being a part time job

Cons

Cart retrevial on rainy days!

Stressful Environment

A typical day at work would be standing at a register for hours at a time with a 10 minute break for every shift under 6 hours. I learned a lot about customer service and met a lot of cool people there. Management was pretty poor. Items did not scan correctly and most of the time I would have to call a manager over to fix it. Often problems with coupons amongst other things. Workplace was overall relaxed unless it was busy. Hardest part was dealing with unsatisfied customers. The most enjoyable part was taking my break and talking with coworkers.

Pros

employee discount

Cons

short breaks, no benifits, low salary

boring

Working there was never really fun, as you'd expect from a job but idk, it was just something that I hated knowing I'd have to do throughout the day. Grocery stores just arent my thing

Pros

discounts

Cons

never know what kind of day it will be

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACME. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ACME