ACME

ACME Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Customer Service Associate / Cashier16 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Acme was a fun work environment

Acme was a great place. Break and lunches were always given on time. Coworkers were always friendly. They would never overextend you for the portions you worked

Working for Acme was the best job experience I have had everyone made me feel like family

management team, Human resource and union were absolutely amazing Whenever a problem arised everyone would help take are of what needed to be done

Pros

family oriented

Cons

pay needed to meet my experience as a cashier

Love working with people and love to talk to people.

When you work at a retail store who have to have confidence but not to much. You alway want to help costumer’s out not just point finger out and said it is In aisle 3, or it is in the third aisle, take the costumer show them where the item is. Then go back to what you were doing. All was be happy and polite to the costumer and if they rude to you walk away and tell someone. You don’t have to talk to them or help them you get someone else to help them. There is always away to deal with someone like that.

Needs better benefits.

I have fought for over 2 years to try and get benefits that was owed me as I paid union dues. Still 2 and a half years later no benefits. Plus they kept saying they would call and no calls come.

Devon Acme is in dire need of available employees.

Acme is conveniently located and gets very busy. The products can be overpriced and the store organization could be improved. However, the store is relatively clean, has some good sales, friendly employees and good customer service. In regards to compensation, depending on how professional and valuable one presents themselves, one might be negotiate higher than the minimum wage.

Customer service..working with wonderful,regular customers.

A happy fun place with alot of good friends that i made while working there.Alot of the customers that i had gotten to know by name, and knew me,and some would only come in my line.

Pros

The wonderful people.

Cons

Not enough money .

Liked working there

Worked for Acme for nine years. A typical day at work I would be at my register and keeping busy in between customers like cleaning, putting out candy, etc... The managment kept changing a lot through the years so we had various managers while I was there. The hardest part of the job was when someone had a huge order and wouldn't help bag so it took longer to ring them out. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the customers and other employees.

Pros

We would celebrate certain holidays. Had benefits.

Cons

We got rid of our self checkout registers and I think most customers didn't like it.

unpleasant work environment

Some cashiers were favorited over others and managers allowed them to just sit in the back office on their phones while lines were in the aisles. Not a good work environment.

Productive and fun work place

My typical day was about ringing up customer purchases. I learned how to interact with customers. Management is willing to teach and to learn from them how to interact with customers. The workplace culture is productive and rewarding. The hardest part of job is when customers refuse to donate. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to customers.

It was great

The people there show a lot of respect but it's hard to take up with a lot of the employees you work with but other then that it's a good place to work at and it's great to keep for the long run

hours

Love customer service job but hours are very inconsistent for employees. lot of different departments. Great food products, awesome meat deportment and deli.

acme

I like working at acme .it have a lot of nice people I was worried when we moved to the area that I wouldn't be able to find a supermarket that I liked as much as my go-to in the city, but I need not fear anymore. I have found what I've been needing!

Decent job

Fun place to spend your day, always something to do, meet very interesting people and learn new things, very big store so hard to make progress by oneself.

Pros

got to take assigned breaks and lunches

Cons

union dues, no hours

Great job

I had a great experience at acme. The staff we great , the people were polite. The work wasn't hard. I never had a problem at work. Some costumers are tough, but nothing a smile and "have a nice day" won't handle. I enjoyed that on Sunday's you get time and a half !

High School Job

This is definitely the definition of high school job. I would not consider this a career type job this is mostly just a part time (need to get by) job.

Pros

Paid Vacation, Lunch, Break; Raises Every Year

Cons

Pay Could be better, work environment is decent

great company

great company to work for. co-workers are great, hours were great.benefits and advancement were great

Pros

benefits and advancement

Cons

moving away from some great people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACME. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ACME