ACME

ACME Employee Reviews for Deli Associate

Deli Associate36 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

n/a

Salad Bar/Deli Clerk Responsible for maintaining salad bar and hot bar with customer service in mind. Achieves customer satisfaction through effective team work with coworkers and management. Exceeds customer expectations. Pays special attention to safety and sanitation guidelines. Keeps counters organized. Preparing food on a limited basis: Preparing soups to serve to customers, occasionally making from scratch. Assist in any area as needed.

Deli

Working in the deli really had been some experiences never had worked there before, but it was a new thing I learn and I got the hand of it quickly. Try my best to please every customer that I service. Most were friendly some were tough but still had a smile on my face no matter what happens

Nope

You can do better management communication sucks supply ordering is bad customers are 50/50 given your department...bakery or seafood the best departments

Pros

A few

Cons

Allot

Good temporary part-time job

If you don't pay attention, you might end up picking up on others slack without even knowing. However, there are some who are always hardworking, so there is a good balance.

Acme was Ok

Acme was a good place to but I had low hours and i wasn't getting paid that much I was getting 8.50 but everything else was fine i just couldn't live of that so I found a new job

Acme

Working at acme can be a real test. Helping costumers is easy and a enjoyment but the problem comes in when no one once to step up and do there job to it's full intenex and cut hours for no reason. But other than that I enjoy working for acme I enjoy the costumers my coworkers and most importantly the pace and the job itself. And I believed I'm under paid for having the experience.

Acme

Requested to much from me as i was still in school 5 days a weeks. Tried to schedule me for 30+ hours a week on top of school. pay was nice but not worth the hassle. manager was not understanding of school and the extras around it like senior trip and prom. Worked their for 2 months and never got a uniform.

review of acme

this was a good scheduled place to work, retirement plan and benefits were complimentary. having this job was a great work experience. i learned how to work on a group[. management was good. deli slicing plus clean up was hard without enough help sometimes. the pay was good.

semi-productive workplace

very relaxed especially in the deli. typical day is just really helping customers with meats and cheese as well as making a few batches of rotisserie, fried and grilled chicken. After that would just be cleaning up the slicers, a few other dishes and sweeping the floors of the deli.

Pros

not that busy of a store, relaxed, good for part time

Cons

pay is minimum even with great experience, boring at times, no room for growth

Not a great place to work

At the time I worked for this company the management in just about every department was not good, including the store manager. The pay was unbelievably low for the amount of work that was expected and most of the time we were understaffed.

Pros

Learned additional customer service/managerial skills

Cons

Poor managent in most departments

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ACME?

it was an okay place to work for

A typical work day includes clocking in washing your hands because i worked in the deli. you had to wear a hat and slip resistant shoes help all customers even if they were non compliant or not. Clean the whole deli if you closed and make sure all dishes were washed and floors were mopped, The management were really nice and helped you when you needed it. There was no hard part of the job for me because i never let things get to me. the most enjoyable part if the job for me was the customers and the other associates i worked with.

it was a very busy work place

i would recommend someone to work for acme because they have so many great benefits and they were very nice people and loved all there customers and it was a very fast pace job you were always workin

easy to understand the job

with in a week I was confident in the deli to work with the customers and to work with the meat in the deli department. working with my coworkers was nice and they were very friendly

Pros

friendly coworkers

Cons

customers can be moody

Terrible company with terrible management.

This company will pay you minimum wage to do a managers job. The schedule comes out 2 days before the first day on it, so you have no opportunity to schedule anything personal more than a couple days in advance. If you do request off they will likely deny it.

Work environment is fast paced and Productive.

I love working for Acme Markets but I feel that after a certain amount of years full time should be offered. I also feel that the pay should be raised for the amount of work needed in Deli department. I love that there’s always room for growth at Acme Market.

Benefits

Cons

Hours and pay offered

one of the worst places

Not one of my favorite places. You can ask anyone that works there and you will get the same answer. Most people start working there because they need a job.

Pros

can't think of any

Cons

not enough hours, no full time jobs

stressful

This workplace was very stressful because not every employer that is there treats the employees the same. I also had an a problem with scheduling in my department.

N/a

Deli Clerk/Customer Service • Sliced, cut, weighed, and price stock in a considerate manner. • Cleaned and sanitized the entire work area. • Greeting all visitors and costumers in a professional manner.

Great coworkers, Great hours, Horrible managers

Loved working at my night shift with lovely coworkers but there is a prevalent favoritism with the manager as she only puts the people she enjoy working with at day shift for the most part and everyone else gets to deal with the huge mess that they leave. Store manager herself cursed at my coworkers herself.

Pros

Fun people to work with

Cons

Poor management. No breaks if it's a busy night

Productive and also very friendly atmosphere.

Enjoyed meeting people and helping them make their selections. Also friendliness of co-workers and customers. As long as it was steady it made the day go by rather quickly.

Pros

Good amount time for breaks.

Seafood

I would give my customers my cooking skills to help them make their meals to cook for the night. The place is remarkable and I learned a lot about the imported seafood outside of USA.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACME. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ACME