ACT logo
ACT
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ACT Employee Reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Fun workplace

Great pay, awsome trainers and they calls are easy too! The lunches and breaks are good as well! I am very satisfied with this job and I do recommend it to other people to apply

Sucks working at a place where they don’t teach u anything

Sucks working there, they don’t help u out one bit, no wonder they are always hiring they expect you to know everything in 2 weeks, WOULDN’t RECOMMENDED IT!!!

Pros

N:a

Cons

Trainers sucks

If you need work ASAP work there but look for other jobs while your there

If you really need a job work there but you won't want to stay there long. Glade I got the opportunity to learn about mortgages but that was about it

Cons

Its a revolving door they cant keep people

It pays the bills well for the cost of living in AZ

The training is horrible and the help and support from most of the supervisors is worse. In order to be good as a retention agent you must be a stellar sales person because the job requires you to sell a service that the customer does not want back to them. If you do not like sales and talking to people you will not like thus position.

Pros

Working from home saves a lot of time and money

Cons

The training that the company gives on the systems is not good, I had to learn the system on the fly while taking care of customers, the teacher was great but the material was not good.

Not bad for a call center BUT...

Working from home can be a challenge, but ACT is great for working at home. However, don't expect reviews or any feedback about how you are doing until you do something wrong. Management is less than helpful and trying to get someone to put PTO time in is RIDICULOUS. Flexible work schedule is a joke. If you have to miss you are required to make up your time, you can't use PTO to cover that. It has to be pre-planned. The equipment is nice and MOST of the time it functions but if it messes up, you don't get paid for the time spent fixing it and usually have to go to the office. The pay is decent, you do accrue PTO, and holiday pay is double. Breaks are too short. The calls aren't bad, they last anywhere from 3-15 minutes on average. Customer Service and computer knowledge are extremely helpful.

Pros

Pto, decent pay

Cons

short breaks, understaffed, no feedback

It’s a paycheck

It’s a paycheck if you need somewhere to go and get hired on quickly to pay the bills... I met some great people here as far as co-workers who will remain friends, but other than that, that’s about it

Literally fend for yourself

ACT is not known for being good, heck if anything the only people you find there are crack heads, desperate people, more crack heads, the ladder. They are not known for caring about their employees, they barely teach you anything, if you can't learn by yourself then don't even try. They won't fire you though. A company has never been so desperate for employees this bad. The pay is abysmal and the work is mundane and especially since you will be getting yelled at and hung up on non stop. no thank you.

It was a fun light place to be in

The energy was good and we were all so willing to help eachother learn and grow within the company. They were very understanding when things were going on in your personal life and worked around that. If overtime was needed or time needed to be made up they worked with you and made sure you got it done.

Great people but high stress

Worked with the best individuals anywhere, but constant priority changes and regular layoffs made it a high stress environment. Always too much work spread between fewer and fewer people. Good mission, felt like I was really making a difference to my customers.

Pros

Great people, decent PTO allowance

Cons

Too much work to use PTO, always looming layoffs

Its a good job but the Supervisor and Managers need to be organized and not say one thing to there agent and then change at the last minute.

Personally I think that if they move you to another department they should ask if you want not just move you cause they want. Then they tell you lies of getting you back where you were and they give you the run arounds. Also the Supervisors and Managers need to know how to talk to there agents and understand them not just to some of them.

I made a big mistake working here.

I got this job as an easy way to make money while in college. We were given 7 days to cram study info that didn't really help. We were given 2 thick binders to cram. A lot of the information in said binders was out of date. The software we used was old, constantly broken, or being updated constantly.Training is nothing like the actual job. Everything is crammed on the screen and confusing to read. They throw you into taking calls. Our manager did his best to try to help us trainees, but he was also constantly busy.I personally couldn't handle the stress of this job full time while I was going through college. Everyone there I talked to in training had no idea what they were doing either, combined with being screamed at by customers was not a good mix. It was very common for people to have panic attacks there.I would avoid this job at all costs unless you've had at least some call center experience already and you are good under constant high stress scenarios.

Pros

You can work from home

Cons

Confusing constant changing programs, high stress

Amazing place

One of the best companies I’ve ever worked for the staff are really amazing couldn’t thank them enough for the on going support they gave me whilst I was employed here

Productive and always something to do

This was one of the best woodshops I worked in and would love to go back and work for them again. All the teams worked with each other and make the work envroment feel like a team envrioment vs a workplace.

Pros

scrap lumber

Cons

lay you off when you work yourself out of work

Flexible schedule

Flexible schedule, great staff and fulfilling career working with mental health patients. Position provides a lot of autonomy and it is a team environment.

Pros

Scheduling

Cons

Burnout

Good company

I enjoyed the two month assignment I had with ACT. would work there if the Opportunity came my way again. Nice managers and very understanding people that I worked with.

Cons

Fun. Goid people bad part short breaks

Goid work environment sup very helpful good training short breaks tho good pay feli able schedul typical day at work i earned alot great workplace hardest part not being abe to assist customer

Pros

Workig from home

Cons

Shoert breaks

Easy job if you dont need to be trained, if you do good luck getting any questions answered.

Supervisors stay in a group talking at site while the remote workers work from home and try to help each other figure out what is going on which is usually better than the trainers. There was maybe one or two people worthy of being credited as a good supervisor.

Csr

Ever-changing with the client you are working for. Try not to take anything personally when speaking to customers. Do your best, I was there for a bit over a year, situations changed.

Pros

Paid time off

Cons

depending on the client

Awesome Career Starter

Loved working there. I went remote and they supplied all necessary equipment. The pay was outstanding. I became friends with everyone I met there. On site has a cute little store, microwaves and seating.

eh

its a job. you take calls non stop and they have different teams. depending on the project you get picked for the pay varies. typical call center job.

Great work from home

Loved working from home- be honest in hiring what hours you want to work. I worked 10hr days 4 days a week and could do ot. Highly advise the 8hr shifts though.

Pros

Temp work at home

Cons

Sups not available

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ACT