ACT

ACT Employee Reviews

3.1Work–Life Balance

Different Depts

There’s different depts, not sure how the other ones are but I work for the fraud dept. easy job, just need to be patient with how the systems work. Speak up with whatever it is you are not getting or with anything else.

Pros

Pay, work from home.

Cons

ACT parking lot has a lot of break ins, neither HR or security won’t help.

What is the best part of working at the company?Nothing i dont like lies they wa nted me to say liesWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Lies i hate to lieWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?It wa s full of hateful people What is a typical day like for you at the company?Stressful ful of liars

Terrible place

It’s all about the money. Over booking patients, no time to do treatment safely. Management is poor and have no clue about the health field. No safety protocols followed. No policy and procedure. Your always put in a position where you could possibly loose your license.

Meh

Very stressful job. Training doesn't help much. Should have more training as far as navigating the system, and dealing with screaming customers and hateful people is so stressful!

What is the best part of working at the company?The group of people i was in training with.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Not getting assistance when needed. Equipment going down several times a day. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Stressful!!! What is a typical day like for you at the company?Log on to system. 3 screens 4 different programs running. Taking customer calls. Assist with billing, plan changes, and disconnects. Direct calls to correct departments. Putting in work orders for services and upgrades. Enter details of call and what changed and why.

What is the best part of working at the company?Flexibility, overall experience, variability of work.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Driving to the port twice a day.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?We work as a team and stick together like family.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Drive to hotels and airport pick up clients. Give a tour on the way to the cruiseship. Make good tips.

Awful management, stressful, and no work-life balance

This company seems to want you to fail. Training was fantastic and fun, I was looking forward to the job. When I first started it was difficult but I was quick to master the work and although you dealt with some awful people, it wasn't all that bad. Overall a very stressful job and management played favorites a lot, which was frustrating. You were constantly told that if you made one mistake you could be fired and firing seemed to be a major motivator the company used on employees. I was offered another position in the company for doing well. I was not told much about it before hand and they ensured me it was a step towards management. I received 2 hours of training and thrown in the position. I got yelled at by my boss for not knowing how to do something when they were the one that never trained to do that. In the time I worked in the office I heard management constantly bad mouthing employees and making fun of them. They love to micromanage you and the work-life balance is nonexistent.

Pros

Good pay, remote

Cons

Micromanaging, drama, poor work-life balance, stressful, bad management

Need more training

Need more training, kool supervisors, help a lot, hateful customers, a lot of computer skills needed, good benefits, available overtime, pay is decent, work from home..

What is the best part of working at the company?Paycheck regularlyWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Banking rules and regsWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Good…casual

Great atmosphere

The training and support were excellent in my experience with the company. The downfall is the retention. I don't like working g with people who are calling someone to purposely be rude or mean. It's nothing against the company, bit when you are expected to try and save on all calls the job can really become a burden.

Horrible management

Sucked working there don’t care about employees and schedule always changes on you and they get mad at you for not making it work. Can’t take days off till after 90 days so don’t have any plans till then I guess

it was an ok job

they job pays well and such. the management was not good at all i was out of work for 2 months without pay and it was our 'client BOFA" that put me out for that long because they put in my birthday wrong, and it took them 2 months for them to fix. Then my sup would tell me how it was not my fault but i was the one not getting paid for it not being my fault. I i get i an just a number in the business but if you want me to do my job right and good maybe you should look into i don't know treating you employees leas than

Management could do better

Work-life balance is nonexistent. Management only cares about themselves and meeting their own goals. They fraternize too much for my liking and they make it very obvious that they favor others and make sure to make it known.

The worst job I have ever had

I was so excited to work in an environment that was positive for young people and have the opportunity to engage with these young people and help them. I was placed in an office down the back room with no work to complete no remit to be able to do the role I was employed to do. I suffered with depression and would cry every day in the office. I used to get ignored regardless how pro active I was to engage with my job role. I was employed on a contract then the permanent post come up for my role and I was told I was not able to apply for it, but others were even though I had been doing the role for X amount of time. Management is shocking is corrupt.

Pros

Term working only

Cons

Everything else

Great

I love working at act because I have work in a lot of exciting places like football games baseball games and I have work concerts like you would really enjoy the events that you are working and you get to meet great people the management is great supervisors are wonderful when my dad

Decent pay

Decent pay, little opportunity to advance. Supervisors are major micromanagers, and they always change protocol on a monthly basis. Huge call flow, only benefit being work from home and experience.

Great workplace

The staff is amazing, & they take such good care of their residents and do a great job keeping the place clean. Great staff and great place to work!!!

Workplace

Training process was too short for everything a person needs to know. Once in the floor when you need help management is not cooperative and made to feel stupid. Customer service is of great importance when dealing with customers calling in and is you go past 15 minutes you have young individuals who come and harp on you.

Pros

Billy pay

Cons

Drive attitudes

What is the best part of working at the company?A constant revolving door. That in itself speaks volumes about ACT. Sadly there is no best part.For a "call center" HORRIBLE communication skills to the employees, mostly NO communication at all. Unless it's to threaten you with you'll get fired, nothing positive for the most part.Constantly changing everything! I still find it insane that a call center has zero or horrible communication.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Inadequate and incompetent people doing "training"... too quick to throw you out to the wolves, to look up and find answers for clients, after half a** "training" ... but wait, don't dare keep client on "hold" for too long while you sweat it out trying to find the answers necessary. Again, call center with no communication skills in the company. Oh and can't have emergencies, well you can but you still get points and can't use any time or miss time for 3 months (90 days).. no benefits until after 90 days either. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Whatever you do, don't get sick. Definitely don't get Covid.... and oh even with a doctor note, your punished with "deviation points"... which ultimately add up and lead to "termination" and expect no matter how sick you are, you call in every single day you are out (in between possible vomiting, migraines, etc) but don't forget to call even with serious sickness that they have a note or documentation of. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Stress, stress, stress. If it's not supervisors -

Can be a fun work environment, and hard to lose your job

I enjoyed working there, and are actually going back to work for ACT around the 1st of August 2022. The job itself is very stressful because your dealing with unhappy customers regarding their bills and or service issues

great place

it was not bad i started learning from the first day there. it was great work space i got to learn thing that i did not now before and its somthing new for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ACT