ACTH logo
ACTH
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ACTH Employee Reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

It was a good job I liked what I did.

It was a typical Clerical job lots of faxing tons of mailing and emailing. Very impersonal. I did not speak with customers which I love to do but I did retain alot of knowledge about the insurance industry.

Pros

Benefits and location

Cons

Not a lot

Overall a great place to work.

I worked with an awesome team. Extremely knowledgable, helpful and kind Supervisors and Leads. My experience with Convergent was cut short due to more pressing responsibilities. This is great opportunity for anyone who enjoys a fast pace environment and is a fast learner.

Pros

Ability to work from home.

very stressful

its a good company but not if u have kids it was hard pay was fairly low and compensation was very hard i was very stress all the time people on the phone can be very rude and mean. other than that it was ok even if you are bilingual u dont get paid more.

Don’t work here

I don’t recommend anyone to work here! Unless you want your money too be taken away from you and constantly dealing with verbal and emotionally abuse.

Not Quite Rock Bottom, But Close

This company will hire anyone, and it shows. This is a last resort for those who can't get hired anywhere else, need a job quickly, and don't want to work fast food.

Pros

Going home early occasionally

Cons

Everything else, this place was depressing

The commission WAS good now not so much

a great company to work for aside from the fact that the commission was split from $1,000 to $500 in the middle of the pandemic. this not only took away incentives to collect, it put many employees in a finical bind.

Pros

Hour Lunch Break

Cons

Short 15 minute breaks

4 February 2021
We appreciate your feedback, I will share your concerns with our Leadership team. If there is any additional feedback you would like to provide, please reach out to us at culture@accountcontrol.com. We are always looking for ways to improve our employee experience. --- Amanda, Director of Talent Acquisition

Being able to work from home

I like the fact that I'm able to work from home. During the pandemic its been very difficult being a teacher, mom and business woman. I look forward to this new work opportunity.

4 February 2021
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and love hearing from our present Team members! We are always looking for ways to improve our employee experience, if there is anything additional you would like to share, please feel free to reach out to us at culture@convergentusa.com --- Amanda, Director of Talent Acquisition

An awesome place to work full of great people

The name of the company is Convergent Outsourcing they are owned by ACT. Made a lot of money there enjoyed working there got a new job offer and left I am eligible for rehire. Covid hit. Will explain more in interview. This has been a nightmare because most companies can't use elevators anymore.

Pros

Awesome collections

Cons

No cons

4 February 2021
Thank you for your review of our Houston office. We appreciate your feedback and love hearing from our past and present Team members! I agree, we have awesome collections opportunities. We are always looking for ways to improve our employee experience, if there is anything additional you would like to share, please feel free to reach out to us at culture@convergentusa.com --- Amanda, Director of Talent Acquisition

Steady fast-paced environment

It was fun to write medical appeals and I had full support from my direct manager and from management. I enjoyed the special project because it was challenging and my appeal ended up being 5 pages long. We cross-trained with other departments and we had days when we got help or we were helping them. In other words, there were not 2 days alike. The company had a generous PTO and 2 big parties every year. The continue virtual training was great. I was allowed to share with my team suggestions on how to retrieve information and new policy findings about health insurances. It was a great work experience.

Pros

Flexibility, work-family balanced life, great benefits, overtime allowed sometimes, Christmas and Summer parties, nice bonuses.

Cons

Big temptation to work long hours....

4 February 2021
Thank you for your review of our Boca Raton, FL office. We appreciate your feedback and love hearing from our past Team members! I agree, we have a great benefits package! We are always looking for ways to improve our employee experience, if there is anything additional you would like to share, please feel free to reach out to us at culture@convergentusa.com --- Amanda, Director of Talent Acquisition

Csr

Pay & benefitsIf you are not a collector, your pay is extremely low. Being a CSR, you are overworked and extremely underpaid.OverallI worked at ACT for many years. I held the position of collector, CSR Assistant, and CSR. I did not receive any raises for my promotions. The collector job was very rewarding. However, working in client services was dull, unfulfilling, and taken advantage.

Fun at times but all about the numbers

My experiences with ACT were good and bad. If you were doing good lots of praise but if you were doing less then great terrible place to work. I was cursed at as a group or team more than once by our supervisor/Manager. This to me is not acceptable in any field and creates a toxic environment. Bonuses were nice to get bills paid down fast though.

Pros

Bonuses incentives shout outs

Cons

Intense and hostility in work place

28 September 2020
We appreciate you sharing your concerns and will include them in our ongoing efforts to improve our work environment. If you'd like to share any additional feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at: culture@accountcontrol.com.Amanda ~Director, Talent Engagement & Culture

Productive fun place to work

The job was to answer incoming phone calls on an automated line. The information to answer their questions was saved on the computer. My day was rewarded when answering questions of the caller.

Pros

office environment

Cons

short breaks and lunches

28 September 2020
Thank you for your 5-star review of our Convergent San Antonio office! We love hearing from our previous employees and appreciate your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our employee experience, if you have any additional feedback you would like to share, please reach out to us at cutlure@convergentusa.com. Thank you!

Unappreciative

This job for the past two years is based on live this job do not value good workers they treat him like trash this is poor management and poor HR assistant overall this job is zero

Pros

It use to be a good placd to work at 3 yeats ago

Cons

This job dont value/ respect people

Productive work place

Typical call center. You can meet great people. The supervisors can sometimes be helpful but also clueless. However, They hound you about quality and the training doesn't prepare you for the calls. The pay system sucks and there are little to no opportunities for advancement/raise. Some agents are skilled for everything. Some only have 1 skill. The customers are rude. The system to complete orders barely works.

Pros

work from home

Cons

the pay

28 September 2020

Call Center job was crazy.

The job was manageable, but most of the customers were horrible. Too much cussing. Other than that, the training was good, but it was too much going on, No support from your supervisors and managers. Employees threw me under the bus at the end of the day.

26 June 2020
We appreciate your feedback, I will share your concerns with our Leadership team. If there is any additional feedback you would like to provide, please reach out to us at culture@convergentusa.com. We are always looking for ways to improve our employee experience. --- Amanda, Director of Talent Engagement and Culture

Great workplace and very ethical

I love working for this company even on a bad day, I am grateful to work here. I even took a pay cut just to work them because the people care to see you give and do you very best. Even though your supervisor may get on to you she actually cares and her interest is only see your growth and see you implement all saw in you.

26 June 2020
Thank you for your review of our Gainesville Convergent office. We appreciate your feedback and love hearing from our past and present Team members! I agree we have great team members. We are always looking for ways to improve our employee experience, if there is anything additional you would like to share, please feel free to reach out to us at culture@convergentusa.com --- Amanda, Director of Engagement and Culture

Low pay/Inflexible schedule

Supervisors play favorites. Will lay off at a moments notice.Often on a conference call with other employees. Management non-existent. Only input was at evaluation time and effort is made to low ball at every opportunity. Pay was below average for Ins. Rep. Customer Service. Found out after 2 years that the supervisor was having me file appeals that were irrelevant, not appropriate account for appeal.

Complete waste of time

They made it sound good during the interview. You only get 3.06 PTO hrs per pay period. Upper management is unorganized. Training is horrible. The Director doesnt know how to talk to people. Supervisors talk down to people. If you're not a suck up you basically dont exist. I would rather pull my teeth out than work for this company. I got fired with no good reason. This company is TRASH!!

na

its a good place to work if you dont have any other things going on and they do work around your school schedule and some hours are flexible just come to work

26 June 2020

this company is not good to work for

i learned with this company i am NOT a bill collector. the stress of the job was to much that it caused physical pain. having to ask customers if "their family or friends could help paid their bills" was not my idea of professional.

Not much management support

Re-organizing projects full-time and work changes from day to day. No set collections list, so the atmosphere was very competitive. No set accounts, so others could take your work.

Pros

Easy commute

Cons

Strongly competitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACTH. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ACTH