ADELANTE
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ADELANTE Employee Reviews

4.0Work–Life Balance

I enjoy working here.

A great company with fair managers and overall not too hard of work. Staff is friendly and will work with you to make sure both you and Adelante get the best out of the experience.

Good

I like it, work for a month or so not bad the others co workers were friendly and the manager was a lit to much with us, but I can’t complain I did my job good and I really appreciate the opportunity

Rewarding yet busy

You will always be busy. You will love the work as your clients will make you enjoy what you do. Always be prepared to keep up a good work ethic as the people you serve depend on you.

Good

Good company with good employees and management. Small and sometimes work was not steady. Upon job completion workers that participated received bonuses per profit.

Pros

Job bonuses

Cons

Feast or famine

Fun and entertaining environment

A typical workday was very active, fun, and creative. What we would do is take kids on fun trips during the summer. It was a Latino resource center but we helped everyone in our community as much as possible. The hardest part about my job is that different kids behave different ways so I had to adjust to them. There is also parts of my job that I enjoyed such as when we would go swimming the kids had so much fun and everyone had a smile on their face.

ambiente accogliente e sereno

ottima azienda con dipendenti molti cordiali e simpatici.

Helpful Company

A blessed company to work for. A great agency that provided community outreach and support through fundraising and other activities. A company that help many from bills to help finding resources.

Pros

People

Cons

Miscommunication

Adelante/ Joy Junction

Serve meals to homeless population. Prepare hot and cold meals. Prepare food boxes. Maintenance of kitchen. Work as a team member. Advise clients of how they can better their lives.

Learning to work with individuals with disabilities was a good experience

I learned a lot working for Adelante it was good to learn the different personalities of the associates that I worked with.

Ik kwam voor vervanging van salarisadministrateur bij ziekte, maar heb er uiteindelijk 3 jaar gewerkt.

Het moeilijkste van mijn werk is het begin geweest. Salarisadministrateur was ziek en er was niemand om mij in te werken. Dit was een hele leerzame periode. Na terugkomst van de sal. administrateur een tijdelijk contract gekregen voor de duur van 2,5 jaar. Het leukste is, mijn collega's. We kunnen prettig samenwerken. Iedereen is bereid elkaar te helpen.

Pros

Dichtbij

Cons

Geen contract verlenging

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ADELANTE?

What I learned

I learned to work well with others, as well as care for others. I learned to bathe, clothe, feed, and give companionship to those in need. I learned to look outside the box, and do things I have never done before. Working with Adelante most definitely taught me a lot.

Learning Enviornment

I overall think this community have the best resources.In a typical day its fun to learn about Latino heritage. There management give fair chances to help you become successful. The co-workers there are so friendly, and care for one another. The hardest part of the Job is having to go home everyday after having so much joy. The most enjoyable part of this job is giving to the needy.

Enjoyable

Enjoyed the freedom of driving. Management was enjoyable and easy to work with. Short term position due to plant closure.

ambiente stimolante

lavoro stimolante ,buon diaologo cn i colleghi di lavoro,la parte difficile era avere sempre la mente lucida per interloquiare al telefono mentre la parte piacevole lo stare in sieme a tanta gente

Pros

ambiente piacevole

Cons

nessuno

not functional

did not like the management was made to work in houses that had bed bugs. was told I did not know what I was talking about .

Nursing staf

Loved this job, pay insufficient Medication distribution Family environment Developmently disabled clients Loved clients and staff The commute was long

great hours and individuals

I provided transportaion for three individuals from dayhab to their home. When we arrived to the home they were washed up and changed. i then prepared a meal and they were fed. Medication was given and they worked on personal goals.They were then transfered to there beds and put to sleep. My coworkers were great and provided excalent support. the hardest part of the job was all the transfers that needed to be done. I enjoyed the the induviduals were in there own home and comfortable.

Pros

free dinner, short hours

Cons

short hours and constant change of homes

Able to set schedule and have great life balance

Great job to have while finishing college and allows great marketing experience. Met amazing coworkers and managers which make the job that much better.

Empresa muito organizada e séria. Ambiente agradável para trabalho

Aprendi a ser muito auto confiante e desenvolvi meu senso crĂ­tico. Era sempre bem instruĂ­da pela prĂłpria diretora da empresa.

Pros

benefĂ­cios bons

Cons

horários de almoço pouco agradáveis

community support staff

This is a wonderful place to work for. The enviroment is welcoming and the job is life filling

Prettig ongedwongen werkomgeving. De patiënt staat centraal.

Prettige werkomgeving met veel waardering voor de vrijwilligers door de patiënten en ook door het vaste personeel.Duidelijke instructies voor welke afdeling je die dag dient te werken. Veel begrip onder elkaar. Nooit te oud om iets te leren. Directie - nog geen contact mee gehad - uiteraard wel eens vaker gezien in de wandelgangen. Moeilijk is dat je nu pas goed ziet dat er zoveel mensen een handicap (vaak blijvend) hebben.Leukste van de baan is dat je na iedere keer dat je gewerkt hebt weer heel dankbaar naar huis gaat.

Pros

open vriendelijke organisatie

Cons

maar een. teveel sigarettenpeuken op de grond bij de rokershoek buiten.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADELANTE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2