ADOPT
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ADOPT Employee Reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

loved working with dogs.

woke up everyday to different dogs to take care. I also had one dog that i cared for everyday. It was nice being able to be active. and build a bond with a dog.

Adopt- a- team is very good for building your resume.

The professional development is unmatched. Each year you work with a cohort of students on various projects that help get whatever brand you work for, more recognition on your campus.

great place to serve

Adopt a block was many ministry outreach programs I worked in while in Los Angeles. You learn a great number of people skills. Some of the most valuable being: remaining humble, being patient, being timely, loving people beyond your means.

Fulfilling

Fun place to work and you feel good helping people in worst positions that you are in and try to help the youth that grew up in these neighborhoods to strive for something better.

Pros

Fulfilling

Cons

Dangerous

work teaching everyday skills of living to indivduals

company is great. I enjoyed my time there. i want to move out of state. so me in my family can live better and to do big in better thing in life. I need a change.

Fun environment

Great way to improve my community because, volunteering my time to my community is a great way to show that I appreciate my community and fellow citizens.

10 hour work days, but go by quick due to being out on the field.

Typical day at work is driving all over the roadways of NYC. My punctuality and accountability became even stronger due to this job. The most enjoyable part of this job of being out on the field for most of the work day.

A wonderful team and great compassion

Adopt a pet has a wonderful staff and their hearts are in the right place. However with the fast paced, stressful work that comes with animal rescue, it was a difficult place to work.

the best place to volunteer for pet lovers

play and take care of the animals until someone comes in to adopt a pet I learned that animal have just as many health regulations as we humans do

Mentor

I was a college mentor. I learned how to interact with people from different backgrounds.

It is a good program that saves dogs lives and places them in good homes.

I helped start this program when I moved cities. I had worked training Service dogs for 5 years before. I leared so much about learning theory and positive reinforcement. I also learned a great deal about grooming and animal behavior. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching your hard work pay off by helping someone have a complete, fulfilling life with their new companion. The hardest part of the job was letting the dogs go. It is hard not to get attached although it is well worth it. I learned to problem solve to teach these animals their tasks. I was lucky enough to have amazing co-workers who taught me so much. A typical day at work started at 6 a.m. and didn't end until 10 p.m. The dogs were with the trainers until they went to the kennel at night. Everything we do, the dogs go with us. Every situtation is a training opportunity. Consistency is key so it is important that we pay close attention to the dogs behavior and correct it immediately. My boss was very particular and was always checking her employees to make sure we were giving our job our best effort.

Pros

Working with the dogs

Cons

No days off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADOPT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ADOPT