ADT Security Services logo
ADT Security Services
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

3.1Work–Life Balance

Found 14 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,237 reviews

Work hard to get results

Its a difficult out there, as so many companies offer the same product at the same pricing. You learn that clients buy from Sales people and not products. Good Sales team and backup offices support.

Stressfull environment

ADT is a very solid company to work for, but due to staff turnovers there is always a shortage of people to do the hands on work on the ground. The processes and policies are excellent, but staff are mostly overlooked in the process. Suggestions are encouraged.

Be able to drive manual, have a full license, keen to learn, good listening skills, pick up procedures fast.

To be aware of your surroundings, I have learned a lot in the industry over the 12 years, this isn’t a job you take lightly, need to be able to pick up to 20 kgs. Everyone is friendly here, management have a lot to answer for.

unprofessional management

I was called for a face to face interview for 3x, all went well and said that they would get back to me except that they never did! after calling and leaving them text message i heard nothing. absolute time waster. very unprofessional management hence poor rating.

was working for ADT Armourguard doing static work like working in city on the street and being the main security guard for courtenay place mall which is right in the city off wellington.

Pros

meeting new people

Cons

very long hours

Stressfull, to many hours required.

A great role, unfortunately not supported by management in regards to trained staff as work colleagues. Training was left up to Me which was NOT reflected in my remuneration. Promise of hourly rate update as per contract not met after the 3 month period promised. Crew staff were NOT trained in the function of the Vehicle or its safety functions which left me at great risk. Long hours per shift ( 14 hours + ) 4 to 5 days a week.

Pros

Great driving exsperience between Nelson an CHCH daily.

Cons

Big hours driving.

工作环境基本不错

我每天工作主要包括监控华人客户的家用/医疗警报器,负责定期帮助华人测试警报器,并与维护人员沟通。 翻译合同与政府文件,使华人客户成功申请到政府补助,签署合同,安装我们公司的产品。 若有华人需要急救,或需要与医生沟通,我会做陪同口译。 管理层能做到对员工保持基本尊重,但似乎对华人客户的要求缺乏100%的热情,多数是我个人在帮助华人客户尽可能争取权利。有时我将华人客户的情况汇报给客户关怀部门,例如:有的客户要回国,因此账号需要暂停一段时间,但有几次他们没更新客户信息,客户还要照交不在这段时间的费用。 总的来说,在这里我学到了很多和医药有关的事宜,以及一些现代保安系统的技术常识。 其中最令我感到最有成就感的就是当我成功把产品推荐给华人客户获得客户的满意。尤其是当我为华人解决了申请政府补助的问题,政府条纹对他们多数人来说都是很繁琐的。

Pros

节假日有礼物

Cons

加班很多

its a trap

they will hire some else with a better pay to put you down and hire people outside to become managers. There is no advancement only an endless road lead to no where, unless you wan to work for 10+ years to get a supervisor role.

Pros

non

Cons

a lot

productive but very busy workplace

A typical day at work involved taking non stop inbound phone calls. I learnt a lot from this role including skills such as prioritising customer needs, ability to multi task etc. The management team need to learn to look after their staff well enough. At this work place, it wasn't a very friendly environment. My co-workers were constantly gossiping rather than getting the job done. We were always short staffed because of the sort of environment people weren't willing to come into work. The hardest part of the job was not being able to have the flexibility to balance my home life style with work. I wasn't able to have much of a social life due to the hours I was doing at work which impacted a lot on my personal life. Constantly being called in on my days off to cover because they were short staffed. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help our elderly people and keeping them safe whenever their emergency alarms would rise.

Pros

free parking

Cons

long hours, contantly short staffed

Good Teamwork, Average Training, Overworked,

Underpaid Overworked Average Training Good Teamwork Advancement Available Good Client Management Company Management Unapproachable Staff Harassment not recognised Understaffed Low Salary No recognition of achievements by management

Pros

Good Teamwork

Cons

Low salary, understaffed, overworked

door to door

I would go co-workers to some suburbs in Auckland and start knocking door after door in order to sell the alarm system. The hardest part of the job was to stay polite and smile until the end of the encounter with potential customers especially when they are rude. The most enjoyable part was when we have a meeting with co-workers and exchange the positive and negative experience of the day.

Pros

close-knit team

Cons

paid on comission

fun workplace, fast paced and multicultral

on a slow day we are required to follow up on customer's alarm make sure they are reminded to change the batteries for smoke alarms, medical alarms. and as usual they don't like being called but it is our job that we follow up in case of a fire or injury for the elderly and burglars and we always delivering exceptional service I learned that working in a security company is a crucial because customers lives in our hands and we always need to be on top of each call or alarms. Co-workers always working together as a team to reach targeted service level each day Fridays we have fun days where we create a hat or dress up day and some Fridays a shared lunch. Hardest part would have to be when it's short staffed on a unexpected busy day trying to reach targets and maintaining good customer service. Enjoyable part taking calls and when I hang up the from a unhappy and angry customer, I was able to turn that frown into smile and happy customer and you could hear in their voice that they were happy with the service you provided. and I know I am doing my job with all I can.

productive, good team with more fun at work place, and friendly

I work any day and any time...and i learned about some news skills : Work in multicultural environment .....manage time, and work in a Team with Colleagues or Co-workers....And the hardest part of my job is work in busy environment without Team...but I really like it ....

Pros

Free food..lunches ......and any food

Cons

exciting and developed communication skills

i was not fluent in speaking but after work with adt learnt a lot about communication with different people and great benefits of working with adt armouguardthe hardest part of the job is convince the typical customers.my co workers are so supportive and encouraged to do something newtalk with elder people and share the different views and learnt a lot from their experience

Pros

flexibility to have a rest any time

Cons

it was commission based job not a fix salary