ADVA Optical Networking
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ADVA Optical Networking Employee Reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Benefits are good, salary growth is average to below

Benefits such as vacation time and health benefits are very good when compared to other companies. Salary growth opportunity is below average. Other forms of compensation such as stock purchase or options are virtually non-existent for most.

Pros

environment, vacation, healthcare

Cons

salary, stock/options

Great place to work with a strong technical team

ADVA is a diverse product family with great people both designing and support the products. The team is global but very focused on each customer and does well to support the day to day needs of each and every customer they have.

good benefits, bad place to work

Very intense workplace, long hours, very abusive lower management style, disconnected upper management and human resources, ADVA does have some very strong technical abilities though.

Pros

good benefits

Cons

miserable abusive workplace

Productive and fun with ping pong table, exercise room

Adva Optical Networking has a good health benefits, paid time off, recreational area such as Ping Pong table, exercise room. The paid time off has 23 days. The work culture is very good. It is very diversified. The bosses are good. Most of the employees here are more than years and they are not moving from company to company. I

Not a synergistic culture

Enginering orgs and proceses disjointed. Not a consistent product model(PLC) model nor architecture to support. Tetsing methodologies were weak exposing numerous flaws/defects within production environments thus creating a reactive support model and upset customers

Cons

culture

Politicians Bastion

Review for BLR team in INDIA Pros Decent salary Good facilities Cons Everything else Politicians rule the roost. Whoever has the CONNECTIONS will be motivated, praised, promoted, the hard working guys will be just leaving the place when it reaches thresholds of human patience. If you are a SOCIAL BEING with tons of POLITICAL ACUMEN then this is the place for you. Any decent hardworking guy will loathe the place. TEST DIRECTORS with poor aptitude lead the development. SKILLS Needed to survive; Politics Social charisma Buttering

Pros

Heavy Partying ideal for social animals

Cons

Politics, nepotism, group ism, scapegoating

Productive yet Fun place to work

CSR - Corporate Social Responsibility, Eco friendly, Recycling, Well organized, Great management, Customer focused, Social media, Great benefits, Employee recognition.

Pros

Lots of Catered lunches

Cons

Gym membership discount only applied to one gym and no employee parking

Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table

Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table What I learned: team work with people in differnent locations Ethernet productions and related protocols

Good company and product

Was good company to work for.Good pay and benefits along with training.Easy atmosphere and great colleagues.All in all was fun to work for.Global company with diverse customer base.

Pros

Good pay, benefits, colleagues

Cons

Managment lack focus on product set offerings too many

Temporary position

I feel I don’t get to use my mind to the best of my ability. My job role involves unpacking optical equipment. Updating the software then repackaging. I want to go into a role I feel rewarded for doing so and leads to a perminent career.

Pros

My hours are 7-4 Monday to Friday and 8am - 12pm friday

Cons

It’s over an hour to drive to work at 5am

Company even though using newer technology seems not to use all of it in a good way

This particular position has been on the job site for over four months and I believe a lot of this is because of a lack of money that company is willing to pay as far as matching other companies in the area

Pros

I know where all benefits seem to be above par and also seem to be very fluid

Cons

Lost in thrre ideas

Good place to work with excellent culture and good strategy.

Good place to work with excellent culture and good strategy. Good product and great opportunities to relate career. Competitive environment keeps you productive.

Reasonably good employer

The workplace culture is good and the workload is quite high. The company is run from Germany but there is a significant UK base. If you work within the German or UK offices you will be OK. If not then life may be more difficult. A lot of the people are really good.

Good work environment

Excellent company, fast paced but rewarding. Interesting field, and some international travel in some roles. Good access to internal training and some external.

no comment

Can talk about the company at a later time. The comapny is a world wide company with office in Europe, Asia, India and USA. The culture is a good very good. The work is also very interesting.

Enjoyed working here

Possibly my favorite job that I have had. If they had offered me a permanent position, I would have accepted, and been very happy about it. Good people, good company.

productive and energetic with comfortable working environment

colleagues are very kind, we work independently and help each other when it is necessary. we learn from each others and improve ourselvers. sometimes job is challenging but we still can control it fortunatelly

Great place to work!

Solid company, very well organized. The overall atmosphere is laid back and friendly, but everybody is super hard-working and dedicated. The company is at the forefront of the optical networking industry and is driven by Research & Development, which makes them interesting. They have labs with all sorts of equipment and very smart software and hardware developers. Their culture is focused on self-improvement - they regularly give classes in all sorts of work and productivity-related topics, and have a very good fitness / exercise program, including compensation for walking a certain number of steps, a great gym, and zumba classes. Last but not least, their coffee is top notch!

Pros

Dedicated and positive employees, great benefits, interesting products and projects, healthy atmosphere

Cons

Big company and lots of different teams with different ways of doing things, Some groups use VERY complicated project & task management systems - be prepared!, LOTS of hard-to-find documents/files in Subversion / GIT / TeamForge / Intranet / Wiki, Layout and organization of Intranet and documents is VERY VERY complicated

Good employer

I loved my career with ADVA. I loved my daily work. Globally, I proved myself to be the best at what I did for the company. The review and goals process can be very tough, and some managers aren't properly able to handle it. I was very successful with ADVA, and produced many successes for the company, however I laid off as part of operational cost reduction efforts.

Pros

Every cultural/national holiday is recognized.

Cons

Layoffs can be completely unexpected.

Innovative and productive place to work

A typical day at work has it's usual structure of tasks but also has the added benefit of new problems and opportunities arising everyday. From simple matters of order processing and project management to dealing with last minute escalations which are driven by large new projects and business wins. With ADVA I have learnt a great deal of how a company can have a well oiled team of people work on one aspect of a project but that also this team can rely heavily on other departments, when all teams support one another anything can be achieved. I think ADVA has shown me how I can support and also be supported by others. Without a good network of hard working individuals ADVA nor any company can work to its full potential. Fortunately ADVA has provided me with many learning opportunities not only in my development with people but with technical knowledge of fibre optical networks \and in other areas. I am now; Six Sigma yellow belt trained, SAP key user and completely computer literate in all Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook functions. I have extensive knowledge of Max (Salesforce), SAGE, ACT! And most other CRM databases, also I am one of the office first aiders to name a few of the learning opportunities ADVA has given me. My co-workers are outstandingly supportive within the business and outside of it. I socialise with many of them on a regular basis doing charity work together or just generally out and about. The hardest part of my job is when organising several departments at once. Our product ordering through to production and then installation has a short -

Pros

Free fresh fruit, free tea and coffee facilities, free gym, cycle to work scheme, pension scheme, anual team events.

Cons

Under paid, progression paths take a while as generally no one really leaves.

Duties/ Responsibilities

• Complete end to end management of all shipments for nationwide Enterprise sales. Dealing with many shipments that need to be expedited because of time sensitivity or critical delivery.• Managing over 15 Million in current opportunities within nationwide Territory sales to ensure they are in compliance with global sales operations processes including but not limited to sales stages, accurate BOM, close dates and customer wish dates.• Experience working with local and international Sales Operations, Production, Quality and Procurement. Continuously work with Germany Sales Operations and Manufacturing in order to produce lead times and manage all existing orders that coincide with our F150cc and FSP3000 product.• Build relationships with clients to encourage new and repeat business opportunities.• Responsible for all client communications, conflict resolution, and compliance on client deliverables and revenue.• Work with Service Business Management and Project management in planning installations and services. Works closely with the project team in order to maintain a continuous knowledge of project status in order to identify potential issues and/or opportunities within or related to the project.• Excellent understanding of execution and achievement of end to end order process milestones for specific channel/customer accounts• Receipt and tracking of all customer and internal orders• Review orders for accuracy, review BOM’s and engage with engineering for design clarifications.• Ensure all Commercial Validation requirements are met before order acceptance• Work with -

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADVA Optical Networking. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ADVA Optical Networking