AEX Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

AEX Group Employee Reviews

2.5Work–Life Balance

Never paid you the correct amount each week. Paycheck each week was always short

Never paid you the correct amount each paycheck the check was always short $75 to $100 each week and if you didn't confront them about it nothing would be done but when you did confront them you wouldn't get what you were owed until your next paycheck and then that check would also be short. I can understand payroll making a mistake now and then but not every week!!!

Cons

Growing company with heart and awesome teamwork

Very happy working in the Roanoke VA terminal .. the management, dispatch and the drivers are like a big family that makes you feel at ease and not taken for granted . It is rare to see so many people care in one place that everything runs smoothly and everyone is equal . Management is on the floor working the same job as warehouse staff and drivers Compensation is fair for the job .

Pros

Great environment and fair compensation

Cons

Late trucks .. delays of trucks and lots of product to move

Bosses don’t know what they are doing

Ok this place is the worst place I been at. This company is a transportation company and they just got a mail room jobs in Boston. The problem is you are working with people and management that don’t know how to run a office building. They are treating each day as learning something new and there is a lot of mistakes that doesn’t look good as a employee and company. Good luck to who ever works there because it is going to be stressful and a lot of hard work.

Pros

A pay day

Cons

Clueless company

Not a fun place to work

No dock workers, you unload and sort everyone's product for no pay while in the warehouse. Management does not work with you, they try to keep adding stops, for very little extra pay. You need to give 10 days notice if you need a day off or they charge you for getting a replacement driver for the day. overall not a good company to work for.

Pros

no pros

Cons

everything about the company

If Logistics is your calling

Logistics, calls, explanations, and pushing off the blame. Its all functional and simple although, people on the other end of the phone may make it complicated if communication isnt at it’s best which could lead to situations. Nothing too hard to handle just could be like this 2-3 days of the week. Stay consistent and diligent and you may thrive. Computer work straight forward. Advancement opportunities after 2 years If focused.

Pros

Management pays administration generously

Cons

Lack training leads to lack work.

Early hours, but at least consistant

Once you learn what to do, that's the best it gets. There was more bad days than good. Drivers broke down or called out. The company wasn't very fair or nice to the drivers who were independent contractors. Also, fired employees over stuff that could have simply been handled as a written warning in a meeting. I was literally told by the VP of Ops that my ideas were "stupid".

Pros

ok hours

Cons

stressful job

These people in Roanoke are horrible

These people are the most rudest, disgusting and unprofessional people I’ve ever encountered. The managers are childish and the way they talk about certain drivers is absolutely sickening especially the sexually explicit things they say about them! Stay away from these vile, disgusting and disrespectful people

Worthless, Don’t waste your time

Their ad says make a $1000 a week but as the new guy you get stuck with the junk route that only makes $350 a week before taxes. They don’t take taxes out and you pay for gas and insurance which works out to $150 a week for gas and $600 a month for cargo insurance. Not worth it. I wouldn’t recommend this job to my worst enemy. Don’t waste your time here.

Happy and always listen and learn something new.

I always think it's my organization, so I always think and act the way the owner/ Manager should do. I never get lazy or useless as long as I accept the challenge and the work.

They Pay OK To Start Then Cut Your Pay

Stay away from this fraudulent company. They give you a delivery route and pay you as agreed for a while. Then every week you will notice pay cuts for no reason even after they ask you to do extra work. Company claims it is a mistake and never fixes unless you really fight hard, then next week they will cut pay again in another “mistake.” Don’t waste your time there are much better companies to drive for. Management is evil.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AEX Group?

Not a good place to work

They don't care about their workers and that's the bottom line. When I 1st. Stared working for them I was making a nice amount of money, before I left them I was making double that. They didnt tell anyone that they was loosing some of their contracts until the week of. They are very unprofessional

Pros

You get to ride all over the city.

Cons

They dont keep the contractors up on whats going on in the company that will effect them.

Very unethical

After one week there, I was called in the middle of the night and was told my co-worker was killed and had to go to work asap. I was 60 minutes away. My boss shows up an hour after I did,he was staying 2 miles down the rode. He should have been there when he made the call to me. On many levels I care not to discuss, I would not recommend this Company. No training was provided and as a result, you were harassed daily for not knowing your JOB.I moved on and as a result they let my boss go in which, if I were still there I would have sued for harassment.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

You were harassed daily, by unprofessional / unethical people

Ambiente de trabajo familiar y con mucha Energia positiva

En esta empresa me consolidé en la parte de Recursos Humanos, y facturación. Aprendí a utilizar el sistema de Afip, para facturar, y a dirigir y tomar decisiones en cuanto a los empleados y sus faltas, fallas o Logros. La parte más difícil fue manejar varios procesos a la vez, cosa que después de un poco de práctica, he logrado satisfactoriamente. Lo que más me gustó fue el ambiente familiar y la empatia del Gerente y el Director en cuanto a problemas personales.

Pros

Obra Social - Salario Acorde - Ambiente relajado

Cons

Horario de almuerzo corto.

I cannot see how anyone can go with this company!

AEX came into our area and took contact from place working for now. Trying to get the independent contractors to sign with them. They want me to pay them $700.00-$1000.00 to start working for them. I absolutely can not see how anyone can sign with this company. Very disappointed!

Pros

Cons

Everything. Better check them out yourself!

they where all for themselves

they took money out of our checks they should not have.Traveling up the road every day was getting old.Making repairs to my van could not afford anymore

Good

I like been independent and run my business . AEX is good company to expand your own business . We start early in the morning and finish early so I have the ability to work secojob .

Work you to you drop

It was an very intense job you had to do everything by yourself and get the job done,it was come into the warehouse anywhere from 3am-4am and get everything for your truck and your route and be in DC at your first stop a 6am am and be back at the warehouse before 4pm and but also had to make 21 shop to different pharmacies scattered throughout DC.

Bad place to work for

I did deliveries all week (5 days) from about 7:30am to some days not getting home till 8pm. I am only being paid 345 dollars per week and my gas and tolls I have to pay out of pocket. Like this week I was only paid 247 dollars and 200 comes out of that check for this weeks gas so needless to say my family and I only have 47 dollars to live on this week

Mas o menos Buena

Esta es una empresa que te paga bien pero no hay mucho espacio para crecer y te sirve para mantener un hogar.

Great Environment

Great co-workers, face paced, opportunity to move up. Logistics can be demanding and isn't for everyone but you will learn a lot at AEX and you always have room to grow at AEX.

Pros

Never bored, great co-workers, work with people from all over the world

Cons

More employee perks, free lunches

Great Place to work

Great place for training and learning new skills. Working with a team and with drivers to gain supervisor experience. Lots of data entry and phone communications.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AEX Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5