AFC Franchise Corp logo
AFC Franchise Corp
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

AFC Franchise Corp Employee Reviews

3.0Work–Life Balance

Not the best, not the worst place to work.

AFC is the industry leader in providing franchise sushi operations at grocery stores, colleges/universities, corporate campuses, etc. in the United States. It's an honor to have worked for a company that set the standard in this industry and has a presence in most communities from Alaska to Maine. There are many long-tenured employees in the Corporate office, which speaks to its ability to retain talent. It has provided many opportunities for immigrants or first generation individuals who are relied on to provide support services to the culturally diverse group of franchisees. For the most part, everyone was pleasant to work with and made going to work enjoyable. There are some challenges with limited growth opportunities and movement within the organization. Often times tenure is rewarded over ability, and you end up with some talented employees "stuck" with no chance to develop or advance their careers. Many processes are still very manual and paper usage is out of control. Computer applications are VERY old and outdated - for example, they are still using a database that was created on a Windows 97 platform and often caused problems when updating Office 365 apps. You have to literally jump through hoops to get a second monitor.

Pros

100% Company paid Medical/Dental/Vision for individual coverage, annual bonus.

Cons

Not many opportunities for advancement, office is in an older building and they are running out of space, exempt employees are required to clock in/out with limited flexibility or work from home options, technology needs a major upgrade.

Complicated and rude management

...........................................not worth working at this company. It's hard and low pay wages. How am I supposed to live off this low pay wage?

It’s ok as a stepping stone or in between job

Great people. No room for advancement. Employee and management relation is a one way road for the most part. This could be a very suscessful company but the majority of management do not see the CEOs / owners vision.

Pros

Get to meet new people constantly.

Cons

Large employee turnover.

meh

It was only 3 days out of the week and it didnt pay much. I did get free sushi though so thats a good thing. Just wish the pay was better than I would have stayed

i love to eat , cook and cut

i love to eat , cook ,and cutting everything .. i learned from every restaurant.. i like to work with different culture people .. for me things are so easy ... fun part of the restaurant is busy time .. let 's make money for the boss and make our customer happy

Sushi bar, making rolls and nigiri

First I would get ready for the day, making rice, getting all the ingredient. Then make enough rolls and package a lot of sushi before a lot of customers come in and purchase the sushi. After all the sushi is out to purchase, then it's about keeping the place clean and keep the company image. I learned to quickly make sushi, packaging, and always keep the place clean. Managed employees or supporters to cooperate efficiently The hardest part of the job was sudden order from the customer that required a large party tray size sushi, especially during holidays when it was busy. Most enjoyable part of the job was preparation for customers, making sushi, and packaging the rolls/nigiri.

Work as a team

- this job helped me gain so much customer service experience because everyday I talked to more than 200 people and introduced our product. Our product is freshly made sushi package and it is hard to change customer's stereotype about sushi, but finally, through my hard working, more and more people were gradually accepting our products.

Open Minded

Everyday there a challenge situation one must face. You must have the ability to separate personal relationship from business with your co-workers.

Pros

Good working environment

Cons

No opportunity for growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AFC Franchise Corp. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AFC Franchise Corp