Affco
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Affco Employee Reviews

The work itself is repetitive and frustrating but the job payes well. If you don't mind working in a cold room or standing on your feet for long periods of time and can handle the pain it's a decent enough job.
Idm working there at the meat works, was good and all just everyone didn't like the day shift supervisor on the beef cuts didn't either was always a alright
It was easy to get into. All i had to do really was pass a deug test. They make sure they let u no every detail to working there eveen the litle things that matter less. Good pay rates for night shift workers. Great staff. Great comunication aswell. Only downfall to been there for the short period was actually the workers and staff. My personal information had gone from the staff to the employees and alot of people where sadly talking about my life while i was gone.
Hard work physically challenging not for just anyone seasonal only can work weekends and upto 10 hours a day overtime rates apply. Overall I enjoy the hard work
Walk in go to your allocated work place to run through everything that needs to be done. Friendly staff to help with any enquiries. Most difficult job was the cleaning of the mens facilities. Most enjoyable were being greeted by lovwrlt people everyday.
good pay for hard working people, this is a fast paced production line with no time for messing about. makes high quality products which must be done under strict guidelines.
Pros
several small breaks
Cons
long hours very physical
a days work feels a lot harder when you deserve more money for the job title and it's demands. its disheartening how management and staffs treat new employees however i did learn new skills there and got to know some genuine people. however the ratio to good to bad staffs is more bad than good. join the union when working there for better conditions and pay as affco will try short cut.
Pros
Cons
short staffed causing long hours
ongoing non stop work. tests your physical capability. I've learnt to use knives properly for cutting meat. the supervisors took care of the workers and made sure we had our safety gears. it was fun and motivating, everybody motivated each other to keep going and to rest when needed. going upstairs for lunch. working on the slaughter floor.
Pros
good payrate
Cons
stairs
Like working in one big family everyone is help full. The supervisors are helpful and make you feel safe and that they are there to help. They also put you with workers you can understand and are there to help you learn the best and safe way
Pros
End of the month awards
Cons
Not a full time job
It was good working with this company they showed you how to operate machine. I worked with all ethnicity which I enjoyed while doing my part in working with Kiwi fruit.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Very long hours having to work during the night
Working at the meat works is a challenging environment and ruthless environment. The behaviour of generational staff who work there are very vocal and like to criticize ability without providing the care and support of a new employee. The experience of staying in one place without the opportunity to advance and grow is disheartening and ways heavy on ones self and presence when working. The environment is hard labour on the body both physically and mentally where workers can easily become sick moving into the different climates when working in a chilled room to room temperature. However, I have learned many new skills and have worked with some genuine good guys.
Hard working environment, easy going work colleagues and at times hard and intense work days. Work place was easy to adapt to the surrounding's, fun team to work with. The ability to learn new things everyday was incredible. Learning how to use the cryovac(vacuum pack machine) was an amazing but also hard working experience. Affco was an Enjoyable work environment/experience for me.
Pros
Amazing work team/department
Cons
Long hours, machinery breakdowns
good hard day at work, well productive, well educated, a great team, most enjoyable part of the day is getting a good days work, keeping your body is shape an take care of your physical shape
Cons
good long hours
4pm starts for night shift is a breeze. The guidance given when learning your allocated job is definitely a strength when it comes to the atmosphere amongst co-workers at AFFCO. The hardest part of the job will have to be managing with the early morning finishes, as well as trying to find a balance with other aspects of life. However, the most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the work load and being busy the entire time you're in the factory and of course, the environment in which you work in is also another enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Salary and work load
Cons
Working at night
The team leaders in my area were very helpful in training and keeping all staff accountable for the work and task at hand. I enjoyed the team I worked with everyone help were it was needed. The hardest part of the job was definitely the smell, it got easier the more I worked.
I am a hard working reliable smiley person. Over the years I have experienced various roles and can adapt easily to any task.
Pros
cup of tea
Cons
bad teaching
All throughout my time working at AFFCO I had a daily routine still being young I learnt to adapt to any type of task that my supervisor put me on. I got along with my co-workers as some of us had job routines, there were some jobs that were harder than others but other than that mostly all good.
enjoyed the challenge of being trained and gaining qualifications to further myself in the Export meat Company. If I did not get the offer at Ika seafood I might have stayed at Affco. We do not know whats around the corner and I took an offer that did not work out for long ie ika seafood company. Partners separated causing the husband wanting his share of his business to be sold.
Pros
hard work and good money
Cons
Bosses short cutting proceeditures
meet a lot good people that taught the jobs that I was learning made me grow in confidence every day that I was there
A typical day at work is can be repetative and at times labour intensive which is expected on a production chain.Management are doing their best they can can to ensure productivity and safety in a time effective manner and to meet customer demand in a ever growing competitive market.My Co-workers are somewhat like family.I have a great repore with all my workmates whom i communicate well with.Most of my experiences have been positive as the most enjoyable part of the job is helping people improve their skill sets on certain jobs and always willing to help.Smiling at a job well done,taking pride.
Pros
overtime hours, company xmas family functions
Cons
layoffs
very good company to work for i was there 15years never say a bad thing bout affco / worker and the bosses were a pleasure to work for.i left the job to further a career in aus where i have family as well.
Pros
good money good work enviroument
Cons
heavy lifting