Affco
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Affco Employee Review

affco moerewa

1 May 2019
a days work feels a lot harder when you deserve more money for the job title and it's demands. its disheartening how management and staffs treat new employees however i did learn new skills there and got to know some genuine people. however the ratio to good to bad staffs is more bad than good. join the union when working there for better conditions and pay as affco will try short cut.
Pros
Cons
short staffed causing long hours
7 October 2014
Same role
Labourer (Former Employee) - Manawatu, Wanganui
All throughout my time working at AFFCO I had a daily routine still being young I learnt to adapt to any type of task that my supervisor put me on. I got along with my co-workers as some of us had job routines, there were some jobs that were harder than others but other than that mostly all good.
14 May 2020
Same location
Butcher (Former Employee) - Moerewa
Idm working there at the meat works, was good and all just everyone didn't like the day shift supervisor on the beef cuts didn't either was always a alright
13 June 2017
Same location
Factory Worker (Current Employee) - Moerewa
Working at the meat works is a challenging environment and ruthless environment. The behaviour of generational staff who work there are very vocal and like to criticize ability without providing the care and support of a new employee. The experience of staying in one place without the opportunity to advance and grow is disheartening and ways heavy on ones self and presence when working. The environment is hard labour on the body both physically and mentally where workers can easily become sick moving into the different climates when working in a chilled room to room temperature. However, I have learned many new skills and have worked with some genuine good guys.