Affco
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Affco Employee Review

productive and enjoyed upskillng myself

22 January 2014
enjoyed the challenge of being trained and gaining qualifications to further myself in the Export meat Company. If I did not get the offer at Ika seafood I might have stayed at Affco. We do not know whats around the corner and I took an offer that did not work out for long ie ika seafood company. Partners separated causing the husband wanting his share of his business to be sold.
Pros
hard work and good money
Cons
Bosses short cutting proceeditures
11 November 2019
Same location
Janitor (Former Employee) - Wairoa, Hawke's Bay
Walk in go to your allocated work place to run through everything that needs to be done. Friendly staff to help with any enquiries. Most difficult job was the cleaning of the mens facilities. Most enjoyable were being greeted by lovwrlt people everyday.
11 November 2016
Same location
Meat Processor (Former Employee) - Wairoa, Hawke's Bay
Hard working environment, easy going work colleagues and at times hard and intense work days. Work place was easy to adapt to the surrounding's, fun team to work with. The ability to learn new things everyday was incredible. Learning how to use the cryovac(vacuum pack machine) was an amazing but also hard working experience. Affco was an Enjoyable work environment/experience for me.
Pros
Amazing work team/department
Cons
Long hours, machinery breakdowns
17 June 2020
Meat Processor (night shift) (Current Employee) - Feilding, Manawatu-Wanganui
The work itself is repetitive and frustrating but the job payes well. If you don't mind working in a cold room or standing on your feet for long periods of time and can handle the pain it's a decent enough job.
  1. productive and enjoyed upskillng myself