Affco
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Affco Employee Reviews

The work itself is repetitive and frustrating but the job payes well. If you don't mind working in a cold room or standing on your feet for long periods of time and can handle the pain it's a decent enough job.
Pre-check and setting up of various machines prior to shift commencing. Good co-workers/team work. Learned different work stations within the factory.
we would do over time when stock is busy i would start at 5 sometimes 4.30 and finish at 3 or 3.30 and that would go for 6 days a week learned about time management personally hygiene labels or product and the industry
Pros
the people and money
Cons
All throughout my time working at AFFCO I had a daily routine still being young I learnt to adapt to any type of task that my supervisor put me on. I got along with my co-workers as some of us had job routines, there were some jobs that were harder than others but other than that mostly all good.
enjoyed the challenge of being trained and gaining qualifications to further myself in the Export meat Company. If I did not get the offer at Ika seafood I might have stayed at Affco. We do not know whats around the corner and I took an offer that did not work out for long ie ika seafood company. Partners separated causing the husband wanting his share of his business to be sold.
Pros
hard work and good money
Cons
Bosses short cutting proceeditures
meet a lot good people that taught the jobs that I was learning made me grow in confidence every day that I was there
A typical day at work is can be repetative and at times labour intensive which is expected on a production chain.Management are doing their best they can can to ensure productivity and safety in a time effective manner and to meet customer demand in a ever growing competitive market.My Co-workers are somewhat like family.I have a great repore with all my workmates whom i communicate well with.Most of my experiences have been positive as the most enjoyable part of the job is helping people improve their skill sets on certain jobs and always willing to help.Smiling at a job well done,taking pride.
Pros
overtime hours, company xmas family functions
Cons
layoffs
very good company to work for i was there 15years never say a bad thing bout affco / worker and the bosses were a pleasure to work for.i left the job to further a career in aus where i have family as well.
Pros
good money good work enviroument
Cons
heavy lifting
  1. Employee Reviews