AFL logo
AFL
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

AFL Employee Reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Ok place to work if they actually have work

People you work with will step all over you to get ahead. When they don't have work everyone is throwing everyone else under the bus trying to get their hours. Management isn't even local.

Pros

Work van

Cons

Everything else

n/a

The job is okay. Not much advancement. After you learning everything there is for the job in the few few weeks you will not learn much more. Great flexibility.

The benefits and pay

Do not apply to this company. They will persuade you and have you apply for positions that are not even available within the company. They do not believe in social distancing and do not seem to take Covid-19 precautions seriously! The management is bottom of the barrel and puts in no effort for employees success. I could go on and on. These are just a few things i've witnessed within the company the 2 months i have been working there.

Pros

paid lunch, good benefits

Cons

management, employees, the job itself

Upper management is incredibly understanding

AFL Fujikura is among one of the best companies I’ve ever worked for. If you have the drive and manage your career by being professional and a team player, you will succeed easily. If you just show up and complain at every turn, you will bring others down. I’ve enjoyed my time with this company and highly recommend you apply but only if you have a very strong desire to succeed and be professional. I’ve met some of the most professional and wonderful people within the company since I’ve started years ago. It’s what you make it and if you’re a team player. You can go very far.

Pros

Extraordinary Management Structure

Cons

New division growing pains can be difficult to navigate

Great company in the process of growing with caring and supportive culture

I joined AFL during pandemic, prior to AFL, I’ve supported a broad range of organizations from Tech start-up to Crown Corporations, from Healthcare to Ship building manufacturer, I must say that I never seen leadership team like AFL working so hard building a strong, cohesive and trusted culture through caring, enabling and supporting their employees, I’m so grateful that I made the right decision to follow the leader who focus on building trust.

Pros

Caring and supportive overall culture, job security, Fun people to work with with, great benefits, Health and fitness program, career growth opportunities

Cons

Can’t think of any, there are always opportunities to improve

Great potential, great benefits, not a consistent 40 hrs a week.

Great benefits! Nice work vehicles. Company has great potential. But.....a lot of techs can't get a consistent 40 hrs a week. It just depends on who you are......

Pros

Benefits, Pay, Great Technicians

Cons

Hard to live on inconsistent pay checks.

Poor management

Management is not helpful at all! Can’t get straight answers about work at hand! Hard to get material in order to complete tasks! Have no idea where or what u may be doing from day to day!!

Pros

Na

Cons

Poor management

AFL is productive and funworkplace .and it was a very Good MNC providing good benefits to there employeess

According to me AFL Ltd. was very good Company Office environment was very good I Joined this firm twenty years ago and during this period, all my colleagues and seniors have found me hardworking and sincere. I have always considered this company as a family and the employees its members with each employee working towards its betterment. I have learnt many things from this company and enjoyed a lot. i got cooperation from my seniors whenever Ii required. I have an excellent educational career.I passed my graduation in the First Division.I have a good knowledge of using computers for the office work. in my desk computer was not there. Overall my experience was very good.. I left that company due to some personal reason.

Bad Hr

Man, they don’t hear your side before terminating you. You do one mistake and they pull your id. In actual telus culture is out of sense. How can you blacklisted someone for whole life? This is not fair

Great place to learn and advance in knowledge

During my time i enjoyed the variety of jobs that i was able to learn. It has opened me up to the telecommunications field. I started from pulling cable to terminating them and helping to inspect them.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AFL?

Good people to work with

Strength of the company is its people. The biggest challenge is that the company has grown significantly over the last 20 years yet still suffers from many "small company" systems and business processes.

Was good, but now....

AFL pays pretty well for management roles, but their management team is not focused on what matters. They are very reactive and have become totally “profits first” in their attitude towards the needs of the facilities and associates. Sad because it wasn’t always that way. Morale has really begun to lag because of poor decisions certain individuals have been permitted to make

Pros

Money is not bad

Cons

Poor decisions and associates must bear the brunt of repercussions

productive and fun workplace environment.

For the years i have worked with AFLQ Umpiring i have loved every moment of it. It it a very fast work paced environment due to constantly running and keeping up with the other employees and players, but i believe that is what i need to keep busy, active, fit and healthy

Mismanaged joke of a company

Pay is per job, so if you have a slow day or a lot of cancellations (which happens a lot), its possible to be on call all day and make next to nothing. There is a lot of favouritism in the company, many of the managers and head employees are goofs, they don't care and don't address any employees concerns, are immature and have bad attitudes. You will work almost every weekend with a constantly changing schedule, they will make you go to meetings an hour away, three hours before your shift, with no travel pay. Turnover rate is high, half the trainees quit within a year.

Fun place to work

Great team, every day duties: • Provisioning and maintaining outside plant facilities including aerial, underground buried copper and fiber optic services. • Installing, diagnosing and maintaining facilities including associated components such as POTS splitters, ADSL and IPTV.

AFL Summary

This is a fast pace setting and extremely challenging. But AFL has some of the best resources to help achieve the company's goals. AFL also has a strong bond with the community.

Do no work for the contractors please.

It's a big scam.Contractors keep on hiring people and you do not get paid for 3 to 4 months including training. How is it possible to survive then? No one listens to the real issues. Bought my own equipment and vehicle and they treat you the worst. Overall, do not have any issues with the AFL company, it's just the contractors who hire people for their own interest. I would like to suggest to whomsoever willing to apply, please apply in the AFL directly. These hiring for contractors should stopped. It's not worth to work for them. Manager does not care about you at all. You are just a number. Overall experience was terrible.

AFL canberra Umpiring

The people who i worked with, the environment and the type of work was all very rewarding, although the games only took place on weekends, and as i am also a junior who takes part in the sport, i was only able to umpire 1-2 games per weekend

Fast paced and collaborative place to work

I enjoyed my work every day. I split my days between monitoring the imports and processing export paperwork, which made the day go faster. I also helped the international customers with shipping notifications and helping with any other issues or questions they may have.

I enjoy working at AFL but need to make a bit môre money

As I am working with AFL i have alot of responsibility with running job suites and also working with uploading photos and check lists I also keep the high level of works standards

Afl

Enjoyed my time there but it wasn't fast paced enough for me. The pay was good for the hours and the company does offer benefits, however I was a temp through MAU.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AFL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AFL