AFONWEN LAUNDRY
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

AFONWEN LAUNDRY Employee Reviews

2.4Work–Life Balance

Hevy work

Manuel handling heavy work cages have some problems trucks have good sized tale lifts early starts 8 to 9 hours work close to home not bad place to work

Good transport manager and depot manager is ok good company to work for pay is good theres a good bunch of people That work here the only downside is you are expected to work every weekend other than that its a great place to work

Pros

Cons

Working weekends

Research the company, Be yourself, listen to who is doing the interview,

Loved working for the company, they looked after you as much as you looked after them, but saying that the customers in my head always came first, all the staff from cleaners to management were always friendly, if I was still in the area and fit enough in would still be working for them.

Pros

They could be flexible on lots of things

Cons

Hours could be a bit of a pain

Health and safety 0%

Fire alarms on times don't get put on😢 they need to up there game or there could be casualties. Wouldn't want to say to much about this firm as there are back stabbers working there.

Good employer

Good employer, took care of all employees. Developed many transferable skills that i will be able to use to further my career in this industry. Enjoyable day.

Unfair treatment

Bonus scale unsure no overtime No weekend No social life there working time exceed Due to the fact that they pay full salaries you are the slave of the company

The workplace can by pleasant with several people but is generally stressful with constant rushing about the target

I have worked for this Company for ower 9-years I started on production and then loading and the last 4-years I was delivery driver.A typical day starts with taking up your duties finding yourself in a general mess where Health and Safety is only on paper.You have be ready for constant reminder regarding the target.There are no bonuses you can only hear quite often Thanks for you hard work it is something but is very easy to lose motivation for work,at the end I can say that it is really stressful workplace where from the beginning I felt the problem of respecting other people

Professional company with family feel

Fantastic place to work. Great to have the job security of a business that is successful and well managed - putting the people who work here and its customers first. There are great opportunities to progress with supervisory, management, engineering and administrative NVQ's and Apprenticeship Schemes in place. The managers are also keen to see promotion from within for people who show willing. The job can be fast paced but when part of a successful team there is a great deal of satisfaction being one of the best laundries in the UK. I'm very proud to say I work here.

General manager

The only thing I can say I was glad to leave in the end, will never work in the laundry business again especially for this firm and their bully boy GM.

Van driver

I liked working here. I just need something new now. Everyone’s ready to help. The management team there are all willing to help you in anyway they can

Don't listen to the managers, they lie !!!

Ok if you want to work every weekend and start every morning at 4 oclock, and then unless you're one of the in crowd you have to wait for your truck to be loaded !!!

Poor

I was fairly new there and I was showing new starter how to do the job,!! Quite a few * characters * there with ATTITUDES.. saw a few workers fed up and leaving.,!!! a few friendly co workers but I had difficulty understanding there languages as they spoke,?? Only 1 positive 1 woman from HR was really nice towards me, this place as well as with peacocks I have NO intention to return,!!!

Pros

Good canteen

Cons

Long shifts / kept on same job until you hit there very high targets, !!

A bad place to work

They don't look after their drivers they treat them badly and would never work for them again they are horrible people a horrible job. ......... ...............

a good place to work

It is a fast paced working environment to work in. good people to work alongside, enjoyed working there and learned a lot about big businesses and working with different types of people

Could have been better

This could have been a really good place to work if it wasn't lacking the engineers at the time to have a fair rotating shift pattern in place. Training was also limited due to lack of engineers and asked to do crazy shifts to ensure there was always one on shift.

Hgv driver class2

Awful company to work for you get treated as a slave and soon as you have a day off ya in the doghouse.A favour is treated as a common word for everything an the word sorry. The worst company I’ve worked for in my 10 years of work history so far and I’m wel known😁shambles afonwen bunch of sheep 🐑 boss is decent though 💯

Pros

Job and knock

Cons

Salary, job description as a driver/job itself

Clas 2 driver

Very early starts, 4am until approx 5pm...relief drivers don't have a particular route so you end up being sent all over the place,your supposed to go with a nominated driver several times to get to know the route but this isn't long enough, common delays at 4am means your late setting off, your days off are scattered and changed so you can't plan your life, sometimes get sent out in the sprinter van which have no tacos so you get hammered for even more hours, often with the sprinter you have to handle mountains of loose soiled linen.... pay is decent if you enjoy going to bed at 8pm and up at 3.30am and doing a 12-13 hour day....other driver are great and helpful as are the MT guys but all in all it takes its toll on your life....

Pros

Good guys

Cons

Long hours and unable to plan personal life

operating

Operating heavy machines and set out targets but no compensation are paid if workers have any accident or injury and some staff members treat few workers as a slave and fighting and words exhange often take place between workers and staff , not worth risking your life.

Pros

short break

Cons

12 hours shift

horrible place to work

working in this place is disgusting they treat you like dirt you never get paid the right money i was working none stop doing 12 hr shift boiling hot and you had the manager laughing walking passed the workers drinking bottled water thinking its funny and they dont care how they treat you because if you leave they will just get next person in i used to be bubbly person but now i feel worthless

Pros

Cons

everything

Would never recommend

Aside from the long hours being a drag don’t expect Much from this can’t describe how bad this place is aside from what has already been said there are better ways of earning money!

Pros

Can’t think of any

good team work

afonwen is a good place to work and work well as a team and the managers are very helpful and are asways around to help.you can also arrage holiday with pay.

Pros

15 mins and 1 hour break

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AFONWEN LAUNDRY. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5