AFS

AFS Employee Reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Only thing ok was the pay

Honestly, the only good thing about this job was the pay. There is no formal training and everyone talks about everyone. There is so much favoritism and if you don't brown nose properly you'll eventually get the boot.

Pros

Pay

Cons

People

If you are not family or friend you don't last long and the office i worked in i would never want to work there again.

Don't do it not a company you want to work for it's a waste of time really don't care for this company they don't seem to really hire outside of their race if you get the picture

Terrible!

Terrible company to work for pay raises are minimum if any & you have to friends with management outside of company to Be able to work from home or get good reviews

Pros

Monday thru Friday job

Great office job

I enjoyed working for this company a lot I was able to advance quickly, and management were always there to help if needed. The only reason I left was because the commute was too far for me.

Great place to work.

Afs is a good company to work for they care about their employees. They provide pay that is higher than pay in other companies. They give employees leave for emergencies .

Loved it

I enjoyed every moment of working with the company! Everyone was helpful. Very relaxed atmosphere. There isn't anything bad that I could say about the company.

Na

I enjoyed learning new skills and differents ways of operations. I really enjoyed the fast pace of the job and how well each department for the company worked together.

Nothing to say

I have nothing to say about this company very disappointed in them currently and would prefer just not say. I invested a significant amount of time and energy into my daily work life. I feel like this company is going downhill.

Poor

NO OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH A D VERY VERY POOR MANAGEMENT!!! U undecided decisions retention is bad the professionalism was ridiculous it was always lies told by upper management decisions made but did not Implement them

Disappointing company....

Big talk no action, set up for failure. Unless you suck up or brown nose, your days are numbered. Most of the employees are the backbone of this company.

Pros

Employees and team mates

Cons

Management, Executive Committee, all talk no action

Working here will ruin your logistics career

Between the non-competitive completely one sided compensation, crazy employment contract and terrible work environment, you couldn't pick a worse company to work for. For business development, the comp plan changes on a whim. Upper management seems to change on an annual basis and this company is like a runaway train headed down a mountain. If you work for AFS, get ready to pick another field after your short term because you won't be in logistics any more. They make sure of that. Inquire about turnover rate for all employees. Unless you are fresh out of prison, this company makes no sense to take any job. Anyone else can do much better.

Managers tend to micromanage.

It was a decent place to work until upper management started a hiring frenzy with too many people walking around doing nothing. Too many hired off the street when they could have easily promoted from within with employees already trained for the position.

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

Very low pay and no advancement and lack of job security

Good Company

AFS logistics provided the necessary resources for their employees to be successful. They laid out the expectations for employees and allowed the employees the freedom to do their job in the best manner possible without micro-managing.

It was fine

It was fine, Did not appreciate the final outcome when I worked hard for the company. I was let go based on feelings from another employee not my work

provides a paycheck

this company provides a paycheck. No real room for the common employee to advance. No pay increases based on merit. HR does not know the abilities or skills of employees, and will tell you one thing and do another. There is no confidentiality in the building. Management is not professional or skilled at direction or being proactive. The company operates in a reactive fashion.They will over burden the good ones and make excuses for the others.

Pros

Day shift

Cons

pay is not merit based

Fast-Paced Environment, Growth Opportunities

AFS is in the middle of a major transition period. With a new leadership team in place, a lot of moves are being made, which does cause fear of job security for the employees. However, I do believe these changes will benefit the company and the employees.

Great Place to Work!

AFS Logistics is an outstanding company. I heard about AFS through several mutual contacts in this field that were raving about working there. Over the years, I realized that opportunities for advancement are there if you are motivated and work hard. Management is honest and accessible all the way to the CEO.

Not so good

This was a great company before management changed, now it is terrible. No raises no promotions unless you know the manager personally over that department. It's just a paycheck,. Worst company I have ever worked for

Pros

You can make up missed hrs

Poor management & promoted false hope

AFS expects you to follow your duties out with incomplete training. Compensation for the highly stressful environment is embarrassing. If a coworker is lacking then the management at AFS will give you their work because you get yours done in a timely matter...in doing so they do not offer any extra compensation for your efforts. The company gives you a false hope of moving up the corporate ladder.

Pros

benefits, coworkers

Cons

poor management, poor wages, false hope

AFS is a great company now, but has a lot of people worried about it's future.

I want to preface with this - In the past 3 years AFS has drastically changed how it's run and managed. So within a year, everything I say and think about the company could be worse, better, or completely different. I think that AFS will grow a lot in the near future and become successful financially. I think it will lose a major part of the things that made it a great company as it moves on from this small business mentality. This is a pro/con situation and I understand a need for it given the owner's current situation with the company and the current EC. The only problem with this is on a personal level. If you're looking for a position that allows freedom and job security based on performance AFS would have been a great company for these things a year or two ago. Now it feels like those pros are slipping away and being replaced with other, more corporate, benefits. I still believe the people who work at AFS are some of the best around, especially in the Logistics field. I also believe that currently they offer some of the best jobs in my area.

Pros

Great health and retirement benefits, somewhat relaxed culture, room for advancement as they try to hire from within

Cons

Culture not as good as it used to be, chaotic environment (identity of the company changes constantly)

Good company to work for

I loved this job immensely. I believe I would still be here of it weren't for the medical problems at the time. I have since taken care of the problems and would love to be here once again

Pros

Excellent management

Cons

N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AFS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AFS
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?