AFS Logistics
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

AFS Logistics Employee Reviews

1.5Work–Life Balance

Just a number

No job security Get charged for the van whether you are working or not No guarantee of a shift even after attending the depot. .

Pros

Absolutely none

Cons

Treated like dirt

Good company to work for

I really enjoy working at AFS. The work is more physical than I was used to but I’ve gotten used to it. The management and team I work with are supportive and help each other out. Pay is good, especially when work is busier, and I enjoy the flexibility of choosing what days I need off. It does vary, there were a couple of weeks when quiet that I only had three days work but it’s often been busy with up to six days work available if you want. Some days you get finished quicker but on others it is longer and you may be helping others to complete their rounds. On the whole I think it is fair and a good working culture.

Pros

Flexibility. Good pay. Supportive management and team

Cons

Sometimes long days

Poor conditions. Dreadful managers.

Managers look after the guys who can’t do a route. And the guys who can, get a bonus. They get to do their own route, then go and help someone who can’t do theirs... the best bit about that.. you help the other person for free!! So you end up doing 150+ stops on your own route. Then go and take 30 stops of another person. For free. You even pay for the fuel you use to help them yourself. AVOID!

Pros

Zero

Cons

Long hours. Not appreciated. Expected to clean up managers mess.

How I feel

When I first started it was the best company I had work for but then after COVID it became the worst company I work for and did not care about the workers home life and it was all about what they could get out of us when we was working remotely

Just awful

Awful from start to finish. They take pay/bonus off you wherever they can and lie through their teeth. Avoid at all costs. Absolutely zero job security. They don’t even call to tel you there’s no work, they just ignore you. Pathetic excuse of a company, if you have any self respect don’t work here.

Pros

Cons

Everything.

Work Culture and Management Poor

I spent 6 months working for a Company who regularly fail to invoice and pay correctly. You must chase corrections to invoices and if you do not have the ability to do that within 24 hours you lose out. I thought I was being savvy buying my own van to save on the nearly £200 a week they charge. All that means is you get less shifts because they give them to the people who have AFS vans working for them because they want the money from the van rental without workers complaining they have no pay. They also regularly make incorrect deductions from wages and I am aware of several people where they have withheld monies after they have left the Company for no valid reason.You are also expected to ‘wait’ in a holding area before going to the depot before you even know if you have a day’s work in. So, you find out at bedtime if you are on the list for a shift the next day and then you must get up in the early hours to find out if you have a shift that day and, on some occasion, leave the house before you know if you are even working. Now I was told on my last day that does not happen………happened to me that day and to a friend just the week before.Management has no leadership skills or empathy for people. AFS seem to think that because you are self-employed you have no employment rights. Protection still applies to self-employed workers. I stupidly waited until I left before I highlighted concerns which impacted me directly and also those I witnessed and told I would have a reply the next day and now a month later I have had no response. This is one of my worst employment -

Pros

Good money if you get the shifts

Cons

Poor leadership, 'boys club' culture, no work life balance at all, inappropriate behaviours from colleagues and managers accepted, no job security

I’ve been with AFS since they started about 5 years now

Great company to be with as so many other companies doing Amazon AFS seems to be the best of them all it’s hard to actually disrespect this company as if you do job correctly without attitude you’ll be fine

Good

Cons

Always a 9 hr shift

Productivity and fun

Was a great place to work great friendships and good bosses who ever is after a great work environment this is the place to be long hours but the pay is worth it

Not whats its made out to be

You are made to believe it is a long term position as the company are expanding but in reality they may only need you for a peak period to meet the delivery targets and make management look good. You dont get paid straight away as you work 2 weeks in lieu. Bonuses depend on the whole teams performance so are rarely received. When you leave or are let go they hold your wages for 2 weeks so they can compile a list of damage to the van you leased and bill you (keep wages). AFS charge excessive fees for any repairs needed. The only good thing was the other drivers and support they give.

Pros

Other Drivers

Cons

Too many to list

Avoid

I worked at afs (preston) from September 2020 until New Year’s Eve the same year. Management is absolutely awful. No work life balance. Have to pay £180 for the van a week and your fuel on top of that. Don’t care about social distancing or personal problems. I’ve worked at some awful places in my time but that was taking it to a whole new level. Get off your high horse AFS and give a s**t about your drivers!

Pros

Money can be good at times

Cons

Everything and more

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AFS Logistics?

No Loyalty or Communication

Communication between Managers and drivers is practically non existent, you are put on Standby while travelling to do your shift. The wages can be alright if you hit bonuses every week but you don't because the bonus covers everyone that works there so if other people mess up it stops you getting your bonuses. You can go and work around the UK at different depots for a few days but they don't pay you any extra but expect you to do 4 or 500 miles and a 12 to 17 hour day(sometimes they will pay for you to stay in a hotel).

Pros

There are some really nice people you meet.

Cons

Can be really long days, poor money and poor Management

Worst job ever at AFS

It all started out good at interview, but only after 2 days of training didn’t get the proper training and then was put into the job straight away with little training and expected to know everything straight, the WhatsApp groups are the worst, constantly asking questions and get no answers in there, I had a vehicle failure, the brakes stopped working in the van and caused a huge crash and because it was down to vehicle fault they couldn’t be bothered to get another van for me and they sacked me without notice or anything didn’t even get the pay that I worked for, DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS JOB IT IS THE WORST JOB EVER

Cons

Absolute joke of a company

Don't even bother with this absolute shambles of a company.I had my interview, paid for my own fuel to go for 3 days of training/tests over in Carlisle (I'm based in Newcastle) which I never knew I would have to do.Then after passing tests I was literally just ignored by management. I tried calling, texting, email, everything, just to be dropped like nobody's business. Cost me over £50 in fuel for absolutely nothing. Joke. Stay well clear. Managers are pathetic.

Pros

Absolutely nothing

Cons

Absolutely everything

Avoid at all costs

Advertise £130 a day but sometimes you end up working 16 hour days. Communication is terrible. You turn up for a shift to be told you are not needed or come back in 3 hours. Then you end up getting home after 11pm then supposed to be up at 6am for your next shift. Amazon says you need 9 hrs sleep between shifts!! Not possible. Please avoid this company. Not safe for drivers.

Pros

Not much

Cons

Long hours and low pay

Overall Treat Staff Poorly

Managers have there favourites. The company does provide support to get you up and running however the lack of shifts and being sent to two different sites on same day in different cities and still not getting any work. Messed around a lot no consistency and having to take days off being stood down but still having the van costs. Dont offer to do extra as you dont get paid for it. When you go over and above and then one time say no as it actually costing you the shifts start to dry up. Tell you one rate of pay and then on invoice shows a lesser rate of pay than advised. The managers care more about the van checks being done on the app than anything else as they are obviously bonused on this.

Pros

Initial set up help

Cons

Poor Management Unprofessional, Lack of regular work

Dont Bother Applying

Training is the worst i have ever experienced. all you get is a presentation in a class room and then once you get into the van you are expected to know exactly what to do. you are under extreme pressure from management to complete your deliveries every day. in terms of the van they pretty much rob you blind. it costs £180 a week to hire a van from them and you don't get your own fuel card. some times you could be working 10-12 hour shifts so you have pretty much no life. this by far the WORST job i've ever had. DO NOT APPLY

Pros

Cons

No life, long days

Job entails frequent driver exploitation

Drivers receive day rate based on 9 hour days but routes could frequently take up to or in excess of 11 hours.Amazon policy requires drivers to deliver to exacting standards which are impossible to follow due to pressure from management. The only training given is the training delivered by Amazon which makes the working day impossible to complete in time. On my last day delivering for the company, I was told for the first time that following Amazon's delivery policy was incorrect, that you are supposed to cut corners in order to make the job possible, and that doing so was standard practice.Working hours were not always guaranteed, some weeks you can be reduced to working only 4 days and take home only £150 for a week.

Pros

Free coffee machine

Cons

Exploitation

Not the best place

I have worked for a multi drop company before and it was no where near as bad as this. It start's with' an open day where you are basically lied to, whatever your told you can't do as a driver they will turn a blind eye to it as long as the jobs done. You are told not to drop parcels with neighbours but they know it goes on and turn a blind eye as long as there are no complaints. Initially you start off with a low number of drops to get used to it, by the second week it increase a lot more. By the fourth week you have so many parcels you struggle to fit them in the van, I was told to put smaller stuff in the cab, a manager turned a blind eye to it and told me to cover the camera in the van so the parcels couldn't be seen. You are pretty much expected to play knock and run on every drop, by the end I was probably doing about 160 to 180 drops which is 200 plus parcels in the van.

Pros

Working alone

Cons

Too much pushed on you

AFS work for Amazon, and Amazon suck.

AFS is run well by their management. However, the culture is amazon’s which means the employees including AFS management are permanently exploited and lied to. I did enjoy the physical and fast paced nature of the job, however the pay came to roughly £5/hr and the hours were VERY long. I was also ‘let go’ without any remuneration or notice after being told my job was safe.

Pros

Physical work

Cons

Terrible pay

Working at afs

Working at AFS was a good job but the management are poor and they expect you to break the law via breaks and weight limits . They also treat you with discontent saying you have been smoking in the cab when you are clearly not. The management are only good to you if you are the bosses friend or your face fits Don't get ill on this job they sack you for it . especially

Pros

Cons

Nothing much to say about them

Do not work for AFS

Management are clueless. Not realistic. Van hire is about £170 a week. Fuel allowance is 20p a mile. Bonuses come and go without communication. Management cliquey. Don’t like being challenged do as I say rather than do as you see. 156 stops with 230 parcels to be completed in 9 hours, which rarely happens. Progress updates are shared with the WhatsApp group to let you know how bad you are doing.Afsong extra stress.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AFS Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.9