AFS Logistics

AFS Logistics Employee Reviews

2.4Work–Life Balance

Fun place to work with very chill environment

AFS is a very nice company to work for. The environment is fun. They dont micromanage you there. For some advancement can be very slow and stagnant. The pay is okay but with benefits package for you plus children is very expensive. Overtime is sometimes allowed.

Pros

Very nice work environment and culture team. Fun place to work.

Cons

Benefits are high for lower scale pay. Slow advancement.

Not Recommended

Excessively overworked and grossly underpaid. Expected to do things way outside your pay grade. You are a warm body in a seat. This is all. They do not value talent, if you have it, don’t show it. They will just give you more work without a pay increase. You deserve so much better, I promise you this!

Pros

Not many

Cons

Just don’t take the risk. You will hate it.

Good job at time

Easy work weekly pay not to hard all in all okay . Self employed so be careful as hard to not get on wrong side of HMRC . However not so bad to work for

Avoid like the plague

Unprofessional. They say self employed but everything is on their terms. The interview makes it all sound like you'll earn a lot, but by the time you pay for the van & all the upkeep, and sort all your own taxes it's really not. They will mention bonus can be achieved but its done as a team effort and over the five month I worked here there's always enough customer complaints that come in to stop you getting it. So not once was it achieved. Some of the complaints are very suspect to. You can find £10 per hour job and you will enjoy it more because its less hassle. They will do anything to take money off your final wages. It's two weeks in lieu too.

Pros

The ten minute chat before loading out with colleagues.

Cons

Poor pay Awful management Self employed but you're essentially employed with zero benefits.

nightmare company to work for ...

They treat you like a dirt, disrespectful and patronising. AVOID BY ALL MEANS . There are plenty better places to work for for better money and less hassle. Work itself isn't too difficult, but AFS makes it very stressful.

Cons

long hours, stress, low pay

Please stay away

Constantly changing wages expected to work over 10hrs Management 🤬 all you are is a number this is the worst company I've worked for with Amazon .Advice to all drivers stay away form here .

Pros

New mates are

Cons

Hrs. pay hassle after hassle

Low pay, Long days and no consistency.

Typical day starts at 11am - 7pm (sometimes 9). Get no where near the advertised pay scale and you don't get paid full amount of mileage covered on routes. Its very stressful and lonely. No guaranteed 5 days of work, often 3 or 4 days and VERY OFTEN get dropped from your route in the morning. There's no hourly rate so you could do two hours extra than another driver and get the same daily rate.

Poor Management, outrageous weekly van cost, constantly moving goal posts

If i could rate some of the options 0 out of 5 rather than 1 I absolutely would. Now I worked for AFS for over 6 months but the satisfaction from my job was nothing to do with them, rather the business that provided the workTheir charges for the van, 190 a week are over the top and the management style is always expecting more and more without providing any further tools or incentive to achieve extraThey try to force a culture on you that everyones in it together however you are very much just a number to them.Its no fluke all their drivers leave, posting bad reviews while the office staff leave the good reviews trying to balance their rating on websites like this. Its the drivers who make up the most of their workforce and its those drivers who suffer and are put through the rings

Pros

Opportunity to leave AFS for the companies providing work - foot in the door

Cons

Self Employed - no holidays, Expensive Van Hire, Damages will be made to fit the £1000 excess, Long hours, Unrealistic goals, Shocking Management styles

Flexible and rewarding

Work is varied and interesting - no two days are the same. Flexible working hours, and the option to work from home or in the office allows me to have the best possible work/life balance. Management are great to work with.

Pros

Great company to work for. Management are very receptive to suggestions.

Cons

One downside of remote/flexible working is not always having F2F interaction with colleagues, but this could be said of all companies that offer remote working.

Fast-paced Workplace

Great team, there is a focus on opportunities for moving forward in AFS Logistics. If you need help from any of the team they will go above and beyond to help which creates a lovely workplace.

Not good to work for

Long days lot of been on foot and didn't get paid for my last 2days worked just been sitting and waiting for more work but never got any more so got feed up and looked for better job

Pros

Cons

Every think

Excellent

Seen lots of negative reviews which i believe no doubt due to drivers no longer working with AFS. I’m at inverness have been for 7 mths. Job and management are 5 star & great team work.

Pros

Team work, management, salary.

Cons

Winter

Poor leadership

The leadership team at this company is terrible. The leaders show a lot of favoritism, their very unorganized, if you’re a good worker you will be overworked and underpaid and they will just make excuses for the slackers. There is no room for growth and advancement opportunities. This will be a job for someone fresh out of high school trying to find themselves. Nothing you would want to make a career out of.

How I feel

When I first started it was the best company I had work for but then after COVID it became the worst company I work for and did not care about the workers home life and it was all about what they could get out of us when we was working remotely

Productivity and fun

Was a great place to work great friendships and good bosses who ever is after a great work environment this is the place to be long hours but the pay is worth it

Not whats its made out to be

You are made to believe it is a long term position as the company are expanding but in reality they may only need you for a peak period to meet the delivery targets and make management look good. You dont get paid straight away as you work 2 weeks in lieu. Bonuses depend on the whole teams performance so are rarely received. When you leave or are let go they hold your wages for 2 weeks so they can compile a list of damage to the van you leased and bill you (keep wages). AFS charge excessive fees for any repairs needed. The only good thing was the other drivers and support they give.

Pros

Other Drivers

Cons

Too many to list

Best Job I've Ever Had

AFS is a great place to work. I feel our leadership team have all of our best interest in mind. I've been employed here for 5 years. I feel my voice is heard for improvements. I've received several merit increases at AFS. And for the first time, I work a job that believes in work-life balance. They are flexible in schedules and work with employees who are having difficult times in health or family. What I like most about AFS is the care and compassion for people. People don't always care how much you know.....it's more about how much you care. I could not be happier! I love this place.

Pros

Leadership, Co-workers, and Pay

Cons

Only the evil do well in this company

The owner of this company is allowing the most evil and mean spirited people to run this company and they are destroying it from the inside out. The director of HR is untrustworthy, mean-spirited, and corrupt. There are 4-5 people at this company that have all of the control and are literally making it miserable on each and every employee until they quit. This used to be a great place to work until the owner ran off every good, hard-working employee and brought in ruthless, hateful, and vile people and gave them all of the power. Do not accept a job from this company.

Pros

Cons

horrible pay, evil owner and leadership team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AFS Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AFS Logistics