AFS

AFS Employee Reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Little to no training expertise from management. Poor material support with information needed to effectively present to customers.

Good opportunity to make $100k and above. But, you drive 80 to 120 miles a day and pay for your own gas. You can earn a car and gas card but must sell X in a calendar year so, best to start in November and be experienced enough to sell starting January. Poor sales training.

Pros

Will leave you alone if you can sell.

Cons

Managers have no clue how to train sales technology or processes.

Good workplace

Good workplace, definitely room for advancement, most employees give you advice to succeed if you ask, very understanding company for the most part, hard but rewarding work

Pros

Faster you work earlier you go home and more money you make

Cons

I Feel restricted to what division of the company I started in

Worst place I have ever worked

No job securty revolving door high staff turnover aviod treat you as a number and you are disposable at any time very high staff turnover if your good at the job you get the worst routes long hours amd management are useless avoid

Cons

Big company with excellent benefits

The benefits and the job opportunities at AFS were key for me. I knew about six weeks prior to my contract ending that I would need to find another position and I did. The 401k and health benefits are very good at AFS.

Pros

Culture, work/life balance

Cons

Very large company, can be overwhelming at times trying find information on their intranet

no fun

management sucked .no where to be found .good coworkers little pay never get a raise . horribly run facility sold the building but now leases one area for little projects .main facility is in chillawack .

Pros

close to home

Cons

wage

Where you go when there are no other options

This is a self-employed sub contractor role, delivering parcels for Amazon, the average amount of parcels on a closely grouped route is around 250-300... you can leave the depot anywhere between 10am and 11.40am, and are expected to be out on the road for 9 hours although this can often be done in 6-7 if you aren't required to help anyone else.The culture at AFS is unpleasant to say the least you are self-employed so there is no contract and therefore getting sacked is as simple as someone picking up the phone and telling you not to come back in, this happens often, sometimes for seemingly ridiculous reasons. The pay looks attractive until they start charging van rental, fuel, admin fees etc. However most of the above is reflective of "gig work" and is something I would suggest is a final alternative or a stop gap whilst in between jobs.

Pros

Tax benefits, outdoor work, some flexibility on working hours.

Cons

Long hours, unsociable timings, inflated earnings

Meh

It's okay. Wished it was more pleasant. Management will take advantage of you and then place blame.

Hard work but rewarding

Still contracted to AFS after 20 months, great team at Bathgate, hard graft some days, but pay is rewarding now. You decide the days you work being self employed, 6 days, 5 or 4 the choice is yours, Help with routes when falling behind. Paid on time, every Friday without fail. Overall happy to work here.

Terrible company to work for. Shortly after I started,they took away the grievance pay. My dad passed soon after.

Terrible pay with no advancement. There's really not a thing I can say positive about this place That's why I'm leaving soon!!! Hopefully they will pay more in the future.

Giant and difficult to navigate

Politics, favoritism, no equality as far as I can tell, empty promises, takes forever to get a simple answer. Promote being able to choose a career path but in reality this is only if you are lucky or really good at brown nosing.

Pros

Remote work for some, not all

Cons

See review above

Uncaring management and inspectors

The only good thing about this job is the pay. If you are looking for a good paying job this is it. If you are wanting to have any kind of life outside of work want to spend time with your family or want to work in a safe work environment then this isn't the job for you. Starting in January your starting pay is not 15 an hour it's 12 they'll tell you commission will make up for it but you'll only get commission when the pay would be lower than your percentage you'd get for the jobs you do. Be prepared to work a minimum of 12 a hours a day and sometimes up to 20 just to make sure you have weekends off. They also can't seem to give you your pay on time. They hope you'll figure it out when someone in the corporate office loses your direct deposit and makes you wait for a paper check that they don't even know when you'll get it. The inspectors just give away product and undercut the competition to make sure they get the sale. They leave things out of contracts but have promises the customer something that is almost impossible. I have had jobs where the customers had no idea my crew would even be working on the inside of the home. The management and sales teams are careless

Pros

Pay

Cons

Unsafe work, careless management

Some weak links in management

Staff was friendly as well as business owner and office manager. Another manager was toxic and had obvious favorites in this office. Not a very open to new ideas business, some systems that he been on place still worked but others were archaic and not time saving. The pay was not wonderful but the hours we good for a work life balance.

Pros

Easy commute, safe area.

Cons

The energy was not always good due to the toxicity of one manager. Made most people miserable.

Good company but very unstable members of middle management.

The compensation was good and the work would have been satisfying if not for a few very unstable member of middle management. She was dishonest and emotionally immature.

Pros

Compensation, nice workplace

Cons

Favortism and dishonest superior

Literally work anywhere but here

Awful place with terrible management, You barely get any time off you’re working pretty much every weekend and as I said management acts like a bunch of children they show lots of favoritism such as whoever they’re friends with can do whatever they want while everyone else can’t, just a terribly ran place.

Cons

AFS is not a good company.

The employees are not valued. High turnover in management and employees. Management and Human Resources are not professional. I would not recommend this company.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Bad upper management.

A fuir

La seule chose de bien dans cette entreprise est l’ambiance entre collègue même si maintenant ça a bien du changer .Une entreprise à éviter à moins que vous n’ayez le choix

Pros

D’avoir un travail

Cons

Aucun avantage ( prime, ticket restaurant ), le responsable secteur est incompétent et met une très mauvaise ambiance au travail

Sad place to work

Horrible place to work. I would never recommend working there. They pay their employees below the belt. Other freight companies pay awesome. Management sucks

They don’t care about you

● Work-life balanceThis is the worst company to work for. You will be worked to the bone. You get paid 15 bucks an hour to get worked to death. 80 hours a week, personal life, forget having a family. OSHA needs to intervene.● Pay & benefitsDon’t fall for the “commission” speach. You don’t hardly make commission.● Job security and advancementIf you don’t work hard enough you’ll get fired.● ManagementThe worst I’ve ever experienced.● CultureNothing but kids now that all the adults have wised up and left.● OverallYou will get treated like a body, they don’t care if you stay or go they only care about revenue. No personal time(80hrs a week) for 15 bucks an hour. OSHA needs to step in and handle this company.

O período que trabalhei na AFS, sempre pagaraaram correta

Corretamente, muito atenciosos com os empregados. Gostei muito.

Pros

Sem problemas

Disorganized Mess

12 hour shifts 6 days a week because they can't keep employees and don't bring enough in that stay. Upper management treats employees poorly and are not very understanding for emergency situations. Have to pick up slack of bad employees that stay while good employees get fired over little issues. Pay is low for most jobs with no raises or chances to work your way up in the company.

Cons

Non caring management, low pay, no room for growth, mandated overtime immediately

Empresa muito ruim

A empresa tem alta rotatividade! Muito tenso clima!

Pros

Flexibilidade

Cons

Alta tensão

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AFS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AFS