AGFA Employee Reviews

Be prepared to work mega overtime for free
Developer (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON10 June 2018
Managers have misguided belief that everyone is on salary. Salary is defined by law when someone has the ability to hire/fire so most staff are NOT on salary. It’s a crutch to intimidate staff to work long hours for free. Same story/same story for the last 15 yrs. Expectation when travelling is also to work long days/weekends without pay or time in lieu. Entirely no moral in the office. Not a lick of fun - in fact it is shunned! Local Management is still back in the dark ages with old school intimidation management styles. Mega layoffs. Don’t get sick or old or they WILL lay you off. Not the respectful/compassionate employer of past.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours, demoralizing atmosphere
Worst fob in a 21 year career
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Westerly, RI16 April 2018
Typical day of work was to sit down and be shelled by nonstop calls from my manager heaping yet another drop everything and work on this seriously dissatisfied customah. Being bombed by IM's from weak co workers asking a "quick question" which was code for can you do this for me. Never ending pointless meetings where everyone just complained and moaned like sissys and nothing of substance were ever discussed. A steady stream of rightly dissatisfied customahs threatening to "pull the product". Clinical errors in the reporting software which would generate incorrect cardiac findings. Product fixes that take ions to be released leading to even greater customer anger and hostility.

I learned that a great startup company could be acquired by a larger company and quickly run down the crapper.

The kindest thing I can say about management is they are all in sheer terror of getting fired and live an anxiety riddled existence which exudes to all their employees. Ya just feel like asking "so what would ya say ya do here"?

The hardest part of the job was tolerating total nonsense and incompetence. Oh, and going to work was also horrifying.

The most enjoyable was leaving for the day and shutting off the mobile phone.
Pros
The end of the day
Cons
Going to work
fun place
Sale manager (Former Employee) –  Tunis, TN20 February 2018
small company in terms of staff, but a monopolistic company in the Tunisian market. there is opportunities to build a precious portfolio of contacts. create relationship with major suppliers and clients in the medical field
Great Healthcare IT company to work for
Validation Lead (Former Employee) –  Virtual - Based in New Jersy16 February 2018
Agfa was a great organization to work for. Many team members work remotely and support customers and the organization from home offices.

Very efficient model to meet the business needs
Pros
Remote work and great Management staff
Cons
At times long days on the PC
Don’t expect promises to be kept
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON12 January 2018
Promises are not kept, even if written.
HR does nothing to help you, they take employees for granted. They think all are replaceable. Loyalty goes nowhere, and dedication is overlooked.
Management is weak, and provides little support in your day to day job. It’s a “sink or swim” type mentality.
The only positives I could say are the overtime and health/dental benefits offered.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management, broken promises
hard worker in a fast paced envrioment
technical managaer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX20 November 2017
Manage beta accounts for two separate systems reporting directly to headquarters, this involved managing both software and hardware installation and upgrades in the field
Very nice place to work
Material Handler Specialist/ Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Branchburg, NJ26 September 2017
My experience related a typical day at work.
A day to me at my Job is very different every day, because I have different tasks every day.
I do work with customer services, make phone calls, communicate with emails with coworkers, do transactions using SAP system,
using scanners to relocate material that i been receive.

I have to work with different people all the time, the drivers are from everywhere. It is very nice to work in my department. I do not have any intention to leave this Job.
I am very happy in my workplace.
production
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Goose Creek, SC16 May 2017
nice benefits
management could be better
great pay
must be able to lift 50 lbs or more
will work days and nights
get a week off each months
12 hrs rotating shifts
Lovely job
Systems Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MA27 March 2017
I was Field Service Engineer with Agfa. This company provided me lots of opportunity of learning, working and fun. My jobs is to support customers whenever they have issues, and travel on site if necessary . Workplace culture varies from one place to another, so it always keep me busy and enjoyable. Management was also professional.
Pros
Travel
Cons
traffic driving
great place to work
Senior Operator in Finishing Department (Former Employee) –  Brevard, NC6 February 2017
They sold to AND MOVED TO Belgium and I was able to go to school and get a degree under the NAFTA Program, would have gone with the company if it was possible
Good Work place
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra3 January 2017
Good Work place
worked for this client for a short while - so nothing much to contribute towards review.
Overall a good experience working for this client.
Environnement familiale et enrichissant
Assistante logistique (Current Employee) –  Lesquin (59)30 December 2016
Travail en binôme avec mon Responsable me laissant une parfaite autonomie dans la prise des décisions et une diversité des tâches très appréciables.
Découverte d'un métier et d'un milieu très enrichissants
Pros
Proche de chez moi
Cons
aucune évolution possible
Active environment
Physical Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dayton, NJ13 May 2016
Good company to work for, good communication between coworkers, there is always something new to learn.

Office people always willing to teach you.
Manager and supervisors like to hear your opinion on new projects for process improvement.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Expensive Health care benfits
Really enjoy working at AGFA
Warehouse II Associate (Current Employee) –  Dayton, NJ15 January 2016
Enjoys going to work in the mornings.loading and unloading trucks/containers. I look forward to learning something new about my job everyday.management always willing to help and listen at new ideas on how we can improve our operation.plenty of nice employees.their is no hard part. everything is enjoyable.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
sad to see we will be shutting our doors for good
Loved to work at Agfa
account receivable spec (Former Employee) –  Elmwood Pk NJ2 January 2016
Cash App Bank reconcile divide work balance books cash receipts etc Co workers were the greatest enjoyed working with everyone through the years
Pros
Hands off Do your work everyone happy
environnement de travail agréable
hôtesse d'accueil entreprise (Former Employee) –  Pont-à-Marcq, B423 October 2015
Bonne ambiance, sécurité de l'emploi, accueil, phoning, courrier, secrétariat
Pros
climat familial
Wide Format/Graphics/Packaging Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Industry, CA12 October 2015
Fun place to work. Expanded my knowledge in the customer service field by working close with management and warehouse. Great co-workers almost family. Everyone knew everyone. It was a great place to work which is why I worked there until the end. Customer Service department along with Credit and Collections was outsourced out of the country.
Pros
great people, great management, great ambiance
Cons
Outsourced department
Great
Manager Corporate Insurance / Risk (Current Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJ8 October 2015
Great Place to work. Good people Good pay. supportive management. not all about the numbers. normal red tap an politics but that is expected anywhere
Warehouse Assistant/Forklift driver
Forklift truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Woodside Estate, Dunstable1 September 2015
A typical day 5am start time in Dunstable Woodside Estate.
Put photographic Films contained in pallets using a forklift to store in trucks for deliveries. Drive trucks inside warehouse waiting for loading, picking and packing and recounting stock and keeping warehouse clean.
The management put me on a forklift course and were very friendly and easy going. The co-workers were good as a team.Management got on well with me, but I faced reduntancy after working there for 5-6 years.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Not paying enough and no further job prospects
Great people to work for
Shipping and Receiving Manager/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT1 April 2015
Shipping and receiving of incoming and our going customer orders. Will call help. Inventory control and loss prevention on a daily basis. Co-Workers are awesome and I love the people I am with.
Pros
Cons
Outsourcing and people losing their jobs as a result. No room for growth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AGFA. Our community is ready to answer.