AGI

AGI Employee Reviews

2.9Work–Life Balance

Challenging

AGI overall is a very good company. Like many they have flaws. I have been with the company for almost 9 years and we have grown very quickly in a short period of time. We are behind where we should be in regards to training and development. But it is an area they are working on.

Lies. Extremely unprofessional. They lie.

It's a shame. AGI seemed like a good company. Problem is that Middle Mgmt at this office in Clearwater did not represent well at all and operated very disorganized. That, with lots of finger pointing all while "Team Work" was talked about toungue to to cheek.If you know what you are doing and need to feel satisfaction with your work, this is not the place for you. If you do well, others take credit. When middle management make mistakes they point fingers. It is a place where having trust was lectured about being so important yet all the actions spoke for why that probably got addressed. Every day felt like nobody should be trusted and the more other employees talk you find out this was nothing new at all. Talk about their Christian values all a sham. Ask how long other enployees as Project Manager 1 have been there.....on same side of the business. The self perform side run and managed by someone else now

Pros

AGI parent seems good but not representative of this office.

Cons

Around the clock expected to be available even though told otherwise up front, very disorganized and unprofessional environment, Middle Management always blaming people for their own shortcomings

Lo que podemos catalogar como una exclvitud moderna

La exclavitud moderna disfrazada de una compañía cristiana; en dos años de trabajo no aumentó salarial, mucha protección hacia los familiares de los jefes donde estos familiares no conocen nada acerca del trabajo a desarrollar donde los técnicos con experiencia hacen todo el trabajo AGI necesitan no técnicos con experiencia solo cuenta con 5 técnicos qué sin son profesionales con larga experiencia

Pros

Si

Cons

No un horario comenzando a las 3:00am muchas veces o por general 12 horas o mas

The masters of manipulation!

Worst job I ever had! They underpay their employees, lie to your face about how your schedule works, and treat you like garbage. I’ve never worked at a place where the supervisors were a bunch of entitled baby’s who would cry to the plant manager when they didn’t get their way. The plant manager I dealt with at my time there is the worst human being on the planet. They do tell you that you will make a good amount of money working there, that’s cause you will work there 11-12 hours a day Monday-Friday, and then come in on Saturdays for a few hours. Oh, and if they tell you that you will only work a Saturday here or there, that might be the biggest lie you’ll hear. I can count on both hands how many Saturdays I didn’t work and I wouldn’t use all my fingers. The amount of stress that job caused me, between having my job threatened on a near daily basis and the lack of backing from my own supervisors, plus spending so many hours there and not having any kind of a life, are the reasons I had to leave that place. Constantly hearing my name being called on the radio everyday and the nightmares that caused, made me contemplate legally change my name. If you want to work a ton of hours and not get paid the rate you deserve while babysitting a bunch of dudes in their 40s and 50s who call themselves supervisors, I would say this is the place to be!

Pros

Christmas party

Cons

Schedule, pay, dealing with vendors, management

High stress, low reward, valuable experience

Horrible work/life balance, they want your life to revolve around the job. Benefits are excellent, I really think some people don't appreciate it enough or don't realize how much more they offer than most companies. Job security is very good because they can't hire people fast enough and not many people are willing to give up their lives for their work, but advancement is extremely slow and poor selections are made. Management could use an overhaul, serious lack of leadership and zero concern for employees welfare with half of the directors while the other half are simply amazing people that you only wish you could work for. Some are trying and are actually working on themselves, but they won't seem to get rid of the bad seeds and it kills morale and causes good people to leave. Culture is awful, lots of drama and chatter. The gossip queens will stand out right away and you should stay away.

Pros

Benefits package, learning experience, some of the people are great.

Cons

Leadership, work-life balance, pay.

Productive fun place to work

Great good people fast learning good training hours are great pay is good nice skills and trades to Learn also get certified in certain departments i loved it

Low pay lots of work

I was severely underpaid. I also feel like managment management needs better communication skills. The work load was a lot but i didn't mind. I also liked the benefits and paid time off when my wife had our baby.

Pros

paternity leave, pto, benefits

Cons

Low pay, lots of work

Horrible leadership but great benefits.

They could offer to double my salary & I wouldn't go back. Could be a great place to work if an on-boarding process existed with solid, reputable, trustworthy and knowledgeable leadership/management existed on certain accounts. Cross your fingers and hope you get placed on an account with a good director. Some higher ups & HR turn a blind eye and sweep misconduct and shortcomings under the rug. High turnover.

Pros

Good benefits, decent pay, resume builder

Cons

Awful and unreliable management, no training, if you do a good job you pick up the slackers workloads with no compensation, workplace drama.

They make fancy and odd shaped aluminum boxes with lights

meat grinder. We use Coreldraw for making drawing. Just a few months ago switched to Solidworks. Actually a few favored people got to switch. The 3 day cram course at the beginning of the year was not followed up by anymore training. Coreldraw techniques/mindset has set in with all the nightmares you can imagine. That is not likely to change soon. They keep getting over-payed contractors in to help us. They get mad at being talked down to, (I've gotten use to it) then soon quit. Management still wonders why even when they are told point blank with direct quotes why. This is very hard to miss and another demoralizing thing. If management would take the time to set up a structure that helped get work done, any structure would help, people would get projects done in a lot less time. Then some of the pressure cooker atmosphere would relax and people might actually enjoy being there. Right now I just work for a paycheck and want to get some experience on my resume.

Pros

get a paycheck, build resume

Cons

see the comments below starting with "... meat grinder."

Cool

Ok place to work just do your job and no one bothers u come in on time and u will be ok unless they say they dont have any work for u people are cool also good friends

See below

AGI is a good company to work for, they balance work life for the project managers. This is a challenging industry which requires a lot of hard work and dedication to the position. We are customer focused and work to ensure we are exceeding expectations.

Nsf

Great Company to work for. They were very flexible and had great communication. I was very sad My contract had to end. I will still call just to see if there is something I like just in case !!

Not a career, management just wings it

Speaking for office only. Work isn’t challenging. Take specs from customer. Talk with vendors. Tons of redundancy and mismanagement. Mgmt will tell you one thing and do another. Start new projects with no idea how to run or manage. Make temps do most of the work.

Pros

Friendly coworkers

Cons

Management, poor communication top down

What I Learned

Sales & Purchase orders for multiple vendors for hurricane panels, decorative shutters, tiki torches, mailboxes and retractable screens. Created invoices for sale order and purchase order.

Good work environment

I got a long with everbody I would just stay focus on what had to do cuase there would be a couple people that was always negative .

Pros

Was 56 hours a week til that stopped

Cons

Short lunch

Produces great work ethics

Nothing overly complicated but does require to be willing to carry out heavy work loads( carrying, lifting, pulling, etc. )

an enjoyable work inviroment and excelent place to work

i'm excited to go to work everyday great safe working enviroment they have a great management group who try to look after there employees

Pros

great management who treat there employees well

Cons

Shipping and assembly line worker

This job was very exciting and my co-workers were very accommodating and informative.

Agi

I loved it there , I got along with almost everyone there . it was a fun environment.

Worked for great warehouse manager

Receive all incomming shipments. Receive all incomming orders via the internet. Pull, package, label & ship all customer orders.

Pros

Good work flow

Cons

No job security

nice place to work

Days can be long.co-workers are helpful.I would tell any one to work for this copany

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AGI. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AGI