AGILYSYS
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

AGILYSYS Employee Reviews

3.1Work–Life Balance

This used to be a great place to work.

This organization is very unorganized and unstructured. They provide training only after a problem occurs, they do not practice fair wages and management staff are very "clickish".

Lack of Integrity

The role offered a challenging and autonomous environment. However, the leadership I experienced lacked integrity and was misleading. Leadership without integrity is unacceptable.

Nice Work Environment

Work was challenging. Opportunities to learn new software. Pay was decent, There were corporate activities. Some flexibility however the travel was very demanding.

Pros

Off of the highway

Cons

little regard for well being when you travels a lot

I would not recommend

No room for advancement unless you are a favorite of someone important. They only care about pleasing the board holders. DO NOT care about employees and not paid fairly. HR does not investigate people being fired at all. If the manager doesnt like you, then you are out, no explanation needed by HR.

Patients.whats to see you succeed.

Enjoy working for Agilysys great place to work .. Provide training form top to bottom. Encourage teams to work together to achieve the same common goal customer sevice in a timely Show you for work on time manner.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Pays well, terrible job

Management is horrible! No one knows whats going on and is always looking to blame the next person when things go wrong. Very micro managed, and limited training so there are not many resolutions for issues. They ask you to lie to customers, and lie to you as well. Apply at your own risk

Unprofessional

During my tenure with this company, I experienced quite a few problems largely caused mismanagement and incompetence. They were still sending out employees for domestic and international travel during a pandemic. Zero regard for the safety of their employees, and by extension, their clients & vendors. New employees on boarded were promised specific salary points, only to find out once they started these salaries were nowhere near what was advertised to them. In addition, they cut their hours almost immediately. There is a distinct lack of stewardship. Managers have consistently shown zero empathy or concern for anyone but themselves. You'll be saddled as a Project Manager with complicated and numerous projects with zero training or support. Sometimes up to seventy at once. Same goes for the actual implementation. I was explicitly told to lie to customers, and then when the product is in-system there are many hotfixes. Systems failing penetration tests was a common occurrence. Due to the that, technical services works all hours, day and night. They certainly overwork and under compensate them. Project teams work in silos, so one piece of their own software is often not compatible with other aspects of it. The vendors will frequently complain about the obvious lack of training, due to all of the above, in the project management teams.

Nice work environment

Nice work environment, but not much direction for my position. Other developers were hard to get a hold of since they were all off site. QA resources were helpful.

keep following up after applying

I really dont have anything bad to say about the company. I like it so far. work is steady and the people are very friendly and good to work with daily

Poor Training

Poor Training, not professional. No communication from managers. You are just a body to the thrown at projects. The company grew too fast. They have sold too much without giving quality.

Not Recommended

I can't recommend working for the company. I was provided very little time to acclimate to my job before I was assigned 15 projects my first day! Afterwards, I was given a total of 57 projects and very little support because the other project managers had 60-80 themselves and didn't have time to coach, mentor, or advise me on company practices. It was a very much "learn on my own as I go" environment.

First step stone job

This is great start to a career but it isn’t a place to get the great benefits and career mentors . Dead in for promotion and growth. It had some kind of lay-off every year

Literally H3LL's Pit

Simply not a good place to work. It's a PIT. Forget work-life balance. Forget hanging out with your family and friends. You'll be working 80+ hours a week and 32 hour days and their are only 24 hours in a day. If you want to do it, shoot for it.

Great Culture

I loved Agilysys it was a great company to work for and I would work there again in a split second because they take care of their people. The culture and the people there are amazing.

Ali Khan

This company is growing fast with new management and the CEO ...the stock is going up and alot of work. I've been traveling crazy. Since, I started at Agilysys in Las Vegas.

New Management

Agilysys was a great place to work when the management was on the end users side. The new group has lost most of the great help. And since most are running it from Seattle, don't care.

Sweatshop with Extremely Toxic Corporate Culture

If you want to improve your "manage by intimidation" skills while surviving "technology transfer in the global market" concept, this is the place for you!

Pros

Compensation

Cons

Toxic Corporate Culture

Workplace Culture

Management never in place long enough to build a strong culture. Several different companies had come together and the company as a whole never came together with one formal culture.

The people are great to collaborate with.

The company fosters a culture to work independently or within a group environment. Where the company falls short is in providing the training tools to rapidly get up to speed on newly introduced applications.

Pros

The people are great!

Pros & Cons

Job stability, however, it was quite easy to get lost in such a large company. There was minimal training provided, and I rarely saw opportunities for career advancement.

Working for Agilysys

Working for Agilysys is a well worth experience to learn products that many companies and Casino use. Everyone helps each other out and is a good work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AGILYSYS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9