AHS logo
AHS
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

AHS Employee Reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Good career stable financial life but poor social life.

Not a terrible job but not a perfect job either. You will break your back down rather fast in this profession especially at AHS as you'll constantly work short. Don't be afraid to say no if it isn't safe for your body.

Pros

Great co nurses who really build a family on a unit. That's the best part and the pot lucks.

Cons

Poor social life work life balance. And you work a lot of holidays.

A great, stable place to work

AHS is a great place to work and the pay and benefits are good. It is huge so culture varies but in my team it is quite good. The working hours are reasonable and there is the option to move to different departments.

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

Difficult to move up, no bonuses or rewards for good work.

Management is excellent, atmosphere is positive. Great pay, benefits are not great. Former cook retail, I enjoyed the variety of my work and the food I put out. Would recommend this position.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Poor benefits

Great place to work.

I have worked here for 39 years. That says it all. It is a great place to work. I am leaving because I am retiring after a long career. I am looking for something different.

Cons

Fast paced with supportive team

Supportive teams, I have worked in a few different teams, and although there is conflict in every team, overall the individuals I have worked with, have been pleasant, enthusiastic and willing to mentor a new member of the team.Good managerial support in conflict/bullying situations. Hard working and enjoyable work environment.

Pros

Variety of work and autonomy

Cons

Life/work balance

Very serious work environment

Aviation is a very serious field has no room for mistakes or mediocrity. I learn how to really communicate and build team coordination with other concerning staff every step on the way once a we have a task to execute.

Pros

Medical insurance

Cons

Long working hours

Satisfactory.

Management was no problems for the most part. Came to work and did my job so no problems there. Its very hard to advance in this company because of lack of upper management jobs available. Call center was very busy with back to back calls. I think the pay could be more than just $11 hour especially working on state contracts. Great opportunity for students, work with your schedules.

Pros

Yearly bonus.

Cons

Compensation low for fast pace call center.

Great supportive place to work!!

Well I’ve worked for 45 years so say no more, great place to work!!! Fair, opportunity for learning provided, input recognition, good variety of work

Great place to work!

Amazing place to work with so many perks and benefits I could not find anywhere else! They really appreciate their employees!!! They encourage advancement and management helps mentor you if you want to advance.

Pros

Benefits and growth

Tolle Arbeit, Bezahlung unter Mindestlohn und keine Jobsicherheit

Man kann dort der beste angestellte sein, alles richtig machen und dann nach einem Jahr (oder früher) trotzdem gekündigt werden. Die Leitung vor Ort gibt sich Mühe, allerdings entscheidet HQ alles über deren Köpfe hinweg. Nichts für Lang.

Pros

Kostenloser Parkplatz

Horrible from management To co worker

I wAs bullied, harassed, injured on the job, rattled on, spied on, lied about and lied too, forced to go on stress leave due to management sticking up for the psychotic co worker who repeatedly harassed EVERYONE! There were more employees that came and went through out my 8 years there, that I literally can’t count them all! Tried everything to make it better. Wrote an email to the higher up about my manager and all the wrongful things that we’re going on, and wAs referred back to my manager. So much shady goings on, I wanted to fight for all of the past employees who were treated the same way, started a huge list of complaints had several meetings never got anywhere. In the end I gave up and quit due to stress on both my body and my mind- wasn’t worth the 20 bucks an hour. I will probly never recover physically or mentally from the work I did in MAyerthorpes Environental Service Department. It ruined my body and tarnished my soul, since leaving things are slowly getting better. Biggest nightmare of my life!

Pros

Some good people

Cons

Too many to ever ever be able to even list. Worst place I have worked, would never work there again if my life depended on it- will die first-it was that bad!

Terrible for mental health.

The stress that this environment places on their employees is unfathomable until one actually experiences it.Forget about doing a good job, just have to make nice with the people who are leading the efforts, and you're good. Tax dollars hard at work. lolWork ethic, performance and quality are unimportant which makes delivery of a good work product impossible.Meetings are used as a gauge for how much one is working; so if you have lots of meetings, you must be busy. :) The work itself is immaterial.

You will be micromanaged constantly

Danger! Proceed with extreme caution! The pay is not worth your time. Not what they tell you. You will be forced to sign a non compete agreement! Your better off ignoring this position!

Pros

Truck

Cons

Low pay, really low

Felt guilty working for a dishonest Organization

They are quick to euthanize any animal for petty reasons. Lots of animals are confused, sad, scared...they are judged immediately & not given a second chance & are deemed “not adoptable”. They spay cats & dogs at any time during their pregnancy& kill the entire litter. I personally saw dogs & cats have their full term litter euthanized while they were in labor. I saw the saddest things.

Cons

They lie to the community about where there donations actually go, purina supplies all of their food for free, so if you donate food they say “thank you” but turn around and throw it, staff takes most of the donated toys, supplies etc home, besides the dog blankets they want everything on the adoption floor the same, thats why your donation is thrown in the dump

Fun place

The staff at AHS are very friendly and welcoming. Everyone is very nice. Very good place to work. The pay is nice and work and life balance can be maintained.

Good career

AHS is a good place to start your career and learn alot. I recieved a mild amount of training and support. Work culture needs improvement. Provincial system way behind operations

Nice work place with good learning oppurtunities

Nice work place with fun, fast paced work with unlimited learning opportunities. Helpful professional team. Good work life balance. Helpful learned hard working co workers Very supportive seniors

The dark side of the Traumjob "Luftfahrt"

Haben Sie auch schon mal davon geträumt am Flughafen zu arbeiten? Sind Sie auch der Meinung, es bringt Ruhm, Geld und Ansehen? Dann können Sie das alles wieder einpacken - bei Handlings Firmen, darunter ist auch AHS, gibt es leider nicht! Positives: - theoretische Schulungswoche - gute Arbeitskleidung - nette hilfsbereite Kollegen - sehr interessante Arbeit - sehr interessantes und abwechslungsreiches Arbeitsumfeld Negatives: - praktische Unterweisung ist mangelhaft - man läuft jeden Tag mit jemandem anderen mit und nicht immer ist derjenige professionell oder ausbildungstechnisch kompetent - es gibt keinen Ausbildungsplan - "lerning by doing" ist das Motto - nicht immer (gut) funktionierendes oder ausreichendes Equipment, besonders zu Stoßzeiten - Gehalt ist extrem niedrig - nur 10 Euro/Std. mit + 0.50Euro/2Jahre - deshalb oft unterbesetzt Im Allgemeinen macht die Arbeit am Flughafen sehr großen Spaß. Allerdings der auf einem immer lastende Stress und Verantwortung sind nicht Jedermanns Sache - es ist kein Sonntagsnachmittagsspaziergang, hier muss man öfters auch rennen und in sekundenschnelle Entscheidungen fällen und ausführen. Für die, die sowas abkönnen, wird dieser Job zu einem Traumjob. Leider wird diese Arbeit extrem schlecht im Verhältnis zum Stress, der Verantwortung und den Anforderungen bezahlt. Daher herrscht hier eine sehr große Fluktuation, es wird jeder genommen, der halbwegs nicht dumm ist und Englisch besser als "London is the britain of Greatcapital" kann. Bleiben aber nur die, für wenn das ein echter Traumjob ist und die bereit sind -

Gotta be flexible

Working here was great but if you are not flexible with your times it could be difficult to stick with your schedules. Relief sometimes can’t make it and you are required to stay.

fun

I really enjoyed my time at this job. It was an experience of personal and professional growth and I would do it again and again if I was able to. I highly recommend.

Great Location

Not a stressful atmosphere. Love that it's close to my home and working with so many great individuals. We have several team building activities including monthly potlucks to socialize and get to know one another.

• AHS