AHS

AHS Employee Reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Small hospital - great environment

I work in a small rural hospital and there is only 1 staff in the department daily. Since there is only 1 person daily, I have no problems with drama. Other people in the building are great to work with.

toxic nepotism

don't bother everyone wants to quit. always hire externally instead of within, salary doesnt meet job duties. guys in other departments who do less work make more. they're not willing to help ensure fair pay.

Pros

good vacation/benefits if full time

Cons

management don't care about issues

Fun job

Great place to workGreat workplace atmosphere.Casual dressingGreat benefits, including 4 weeks vacation time, health and dentak, paid sick days.Management is great

Pros

Stability, fun, great management and benefits

Cons

Long hours with no flexibility

Na

The health care system is over ran. Unfortunately the front line staff then suffer. I don’t believe management advocate for their staff enough especially when it comes to stress management and work life balance.

Do it for the pay

Did receptionist duties, management can really make or break your experience, be prepared to do your work and keep your head down. If you rub elbows or are related to the right people, you will be fine. The unionized wages help, there's plenty of work if you want.

Pros

Unionized

Cons

stressful, and alot of drama

management was not great never around when needed, lots to do for 1 person to do in a single shift. Lots of drama with other employees there. found it hard job to do.

Scheduler/Payroll

Management is unbearable, making work environment extremely difficult. Because of this, patient care is directly affected and they are suffering. It’s an awful work environment.

Career employment

This is a company that is a long time career employer. There is room for growth. Education days based on occupation are paid for. Sick time, and benefits are based on your FTE. Like all companies they could pay more for the cost of living.

Friendly department, culture can vary from group to group

Had an enjoyable experience in my department, people looked forward to speaking to each other and building relationships at work.Bureaucratic environment, lots of red tape.

Out of touch management

Felt lack of support from department coworkers and then another department did a real bashing of me behind my back. They didn't have the class to come to me and say things to my face but went behind my back.No class at all.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Poor communication with staff.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AHS?

Review about the company is productive. Very good group of folks to work with. Very informative, interstellar, and punctual group of individuals to work with

Great workplace but can be stressful at times.

Bedside nursing can definitely be stressful at times. However management has always been great and attentive and helpful. Lots to learn and always growing in nursing.

Job security and advancement

Good salary. Good opportunity for growth within the company. Management ...is something very particular at this place. Very unprofessional and not aware of the job they are doing. Blaming employees constantly for their lack of knowledge.

Pros

Career opportunity; salary

Cons

Always room to grow with this company

it has its challenges but it pays well. Our office is close to home for me. The people I work with are great. Management could have some improvement but they listen.

Amazing

It was amazing to work here such a great environment sills it even staff and it was honestly such a stressful time but the people made it amazing great support

pretty much everyone, including management is stressed and burned out

Very busy and stressful every day. No time to check email. Just show up and get to work. Only comments are that I should see more people in a day. Worked there for 8 years and no feedback other that this yet.

Pros

benefits if you get a line, not casual

Cons

busy, stressful. Management not helpful

Stressful, fast paced and lacking resources

Expectations ever increasing, resources stagnant. High expectations and unrealistic priorities from management. Lack of training and continuing education.

Pros

Unionized

Cons

Work stress, lack of support, inadequate resources

Fun place

Busy but manageable. Staff are friendly and helpful. Pay is great, and its relatively easy to move up and expand your role on the unit. Lots of educational opportunities.

Very good environment, everyone worked as a team and valued input from others.

I would definitely work here again, good pay and benefits. The on boarding was very thorough and they made sure that I was equipped and answered all my questions.

Not what it used to be. Unaccountable management.

Management, HR and CDC are terrible. Became a corporate nightmare to deal with. No one takes responsibility for their departments all buck passing in my experience. Do not follow their own policies and procedures.

It's alrightt

Good option as an RN Decent salary. Flexible if working part time. Minimal retention benefits. Feels like the only option in AB as an RN. Decent pension plan.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AHS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AHS