AIA Corporation

AIA Corporation Employee Reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Good place, poor pay and high turnover rate

Was a great learning experience! Unfortunately not the best pay, and due to covid and other reasons there’s a high turnover rate. Management was good!

Great Place to Work!

The leadership team is focused on culture, growth, and strategy. The work environment is collaborative, and communication is transparent. This is very refreshing. Flexibility in work schedules is an amazing benefit. I am thrilled to be part of a team where employees are valued, respected, and recognized, and part of a team that is growing. This is a great place to work! Come and join our team.

Wonderful customers. Terrible Leadership resulting in poor retention.

Company has great distributor customers, although rapidly declining as clients leave for competition. Unbelievably high turn over as a result of poor leadership, poor direction, lack of accountability and collaboration. Terrible communication company-wide. While company advertises work/life balance and positive culture the reality is the doers are overworked and the complacent are not held accountable.

Rapidly evolving organization that has a renewed focus on its people, culture and customers

Over the past few years AIA has undergone a transformation of its leadership team with a renewed focus on workplace culture, owner experience and the AIA community. Since I've been here I've seen a huge shift toward a more collaborative work environment with open / transparent communication from the top, down. I'm happy to be part of a team who truly values its employees and inspires them to grow individually and with the company. Overall a great place to work that I would highly recommend to friends and others in the Promo Industry.

Chaotic

Leadership is always changing and realigning. No clear direction. Work/life balance is good but the company just doesn't seem to be advancing. People that work there are nice.

Great Place to Work - Excellent People and Culture

AIA has a great culture and people who step up to get the work done together. While the expectations are high, problems are solved as a team and everyone has a can-do attitude!

Fun Work Environment// Lacking in Direction

I loved being apart of AIA for almost 2 years. It was always a fun place to work. However it seemed as though if you did not fit a political norm they easily found a way to get you out the door.Low level management lacked skills and were basically nothing more than Great supervisors, they knew how to encourage a team but when challenged with data, new approaches Etc they quickly took offense. Senior level management was great but I am sad to see such a big turnaround within the last year, VP of Business Development has left and since been replaced SVP if owner success has left and since been replaced and the CEO and CIO has stepped Away. It seems like the new CEO is doing great but it also seems like they are going back into the same old habits assigning fancy titles to individuals that fit their political norms and not bringing in true raw talentMy suggestions, stay focused on keeping the leadership team you have and less focused on finding things you dislike. For lower level management be more accepting of feedback, don’t take offense when data is brought to you from your team

Pros

Great work life balance, pay is decent

Cons

Leadership and Direction

Productive and fun place to work

My manager is THE BEST manager I've had in my entire professional career. Work life balance is phenomenal and we are encouraged to be ourselves. The company is focused on promoting our careers.

Pros

Cons

Pay could be better, but given the economy and industry its understandable

Management Turnover

Too much management turnover. Core values are questionable. Good company culture. Nice new HQ office. Progressive company for the industry. Too political.

Not worth it

Learned a lot in the past but new management requires brownosing just to keep your job. Accounting department is a mess. Lots of gossop, backstabbing, and loudmouths

Productive work and friendly working environment

People there work very hard. We have to finish one project in a very limited time, so sometimes can feel a little bit exhausted. But luckily, as a intern there, I think I can learn many thing from this experience, like how to utilize the coding skills into real life, how to communicate with clients or teammates. To summarize, I feel grateful to this experience.

Not what it seems

Pros: New building (view from building is great) Employee recognition (only certain departments) Bring your dog to work day Free marketing items Stand up desks Cons: Understaffed Poor management No training No feedback (only bad) Workplace culture: employees are great. Management needs work. I built some really strong, great relationships with my co-workers. Hardest part of the job: not having direction or guidance. There was no training or manual for anyone to reference. The whole company needs help in this area. Most enjoyable part of the job: making close connections with my co-workers. They made it fun and worth coming to work every day.

Great Company!

AIA is such a great company to work for. They are flexible and have great benefits! They also offer a lot of benefits that other companies don’t! The people are amazing and have passion for what they do!

Pros

Flexible, great benefits, workplace culture, and hours

Be careful

The picture painted is not what it appears. Not kissing up to management can cost you your job. The people are nice, leadership lacks skills and wherewithal to properly lead. Unrealistic goals

Good place to start

Great company to start your career. If you get on the right program and you are a strong performer a lot of great opportunities will be presented to you and you can quickly grow and develop your skills for future success.

New leadership lacks industry experience

Most distributors feel leadership lacks experience and does not listen to their needs. New leadership seems to be clueless on how to work in this industry.

Not what it appears to be

AIA gives the appearance of a large corporation with a solid direction but all is not as it seems. One challenging issue revolves around the fact that multiple decision makers want to move in multiple directions. In the end, as an employee, you could be working on a project, and learn from another department that they just started a separate but similar project that is incompatible with yours but the right people never talked so now you are working on duplicating processes in multiple systems. The management team seemed superficial and didn't appear to value employees as people, just as easily replaceable components. The core values that were preached were often not followed at an executive level. This would definitely be a good fit for a lower level position but would be challenging for a creative productive person to excel in a leadership role due to the contradictory nature of what is said vs what is done. For customer service, I say apply, you'll enjoy your job and work with fun clients, for any other position, approach the position with caution and try to chat with a former and current employee to get an honest assessment of what life at AIA would be like then make up your own mind from there. I have no doubt the company will continue to grow despite their own internal hurdles, it is just a matter of how tolerant an employee can be of some of the items I referenced.

Pros

Great locations to travel to, fun clients

Cons

Management team that views employees as numbers and doesn't live up to their core values

Productive company with a great culture

A typical day is coming into work in the morning and prioritizing the tasks at hands for the day. We have department huddles where we communicate anything that needs to be talked about. I receive supplier invoices and enter them into our system for the remainder of the day to reach a daily objective. The management is great on setting goals and helping us reach them. My co-workers are very helpful and selfless.

AIA is a great place to work and is very flexible when it comes to having a work/life balance. The culture is great and they treat everyone like family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIA Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AIA Corporation