AKQA

AKQA Employee Reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Edgy, innovative and AGILE

I enjoyed working on multiple projects for Caltex, Lexus, Tourism Australia, Bunnings and LendLease at AKQA. My coworkers were very enthusiastic, skilled and collaborative. I have also worked for the White Agency which belongs to the same parent company, WPP AUNZ. I really enjoyed working with a diverse range of clients, colleagues and Project managers. Whilst working at WPP AUNZ I formed strong professional relationships and continue to collaborate and communicate the people I worked with onsite.

Ambiente stimolante, bel team

Aspetti positiviBel team, ambiente meritocratico, i dipendenti sono persone ben rispettateNegativiSi lavora, non paragonabile a mondo consulenza, ma si lavora molto

Best growth

Company is good for learnig and growth. leadership is best in market. Good pay for the employee. Company take cares kr employee. Flexible working hours.

Leadership will stonewall any kind of productive change

The SF office is in shambles with no sense of direction. There is no transparency nor clear communication as to any changes happening & everything seems to be a secret all the time. Leadership is basically a Boys Club that perhaps has agreed to hire diverse employees to check off the appropriate box, but there is absolutely no inclusion with said minute amount of diverse employees. HR doesn't really seem to help & only looks to appease leadership, so as not to create waves. This place is all about keeping your head down & do the work without asking questions as to what the plan is; because no one is willing to be clear enough to tell you. Most certainly don't try to be original & attempt to shake things up, AKQA doesn't like change-makers; even if it means at the cost of continuing to have deplorable company culture & a severe lack of diversity, inclusion & equity.

Pros

the employees are amazing

Cons

There is no sense of any kind of direction in the company

It's a great place to work

AKQA is a place full of oportunities and managers really care not only about our work life but also about our personal life. I met really excellent and talented people there.

Pros

They invest in trainings

Cons

They don't have enough clients to work with

Smart people, but incompetent management.

This company is a classic case of a creative/marketing agency with lots of potential but poor management that is holding the company back. The company struggles with change but management is stuck in their ways. Nepotism is rampant which has created a toxic work culture that is very political. It's more important to look busy than to actually be busy. Kissing your manager's a** is more likely to get your a promotion than working hard. Everyone plays the blame game when something goes wrong.

Ambiente rilassato, lavoro stressante

Bell'ambiente di lavoro, colleghi aperti e disponibili. Il management è spesso collaborativo e comprensivo. I ritmi di lavoro sono molto alti ed è facile esser preda dello stress ma è normale per le agenzie digital.

Uncomfortable enviroment

Management was never clear on what they wanted and I was unable to really put my skills to work. There was absolutely no room for growth and development.

this place is a disaster

Most employees are wandering around with nothing to do. the work is not rolling in like they promise, they are losing contracts all the time. Much of that innovative spirit is gone. Painfully open office where you are on display. Hard to get to location in Georgetown.

Pros

You are not going to work hard to be this miserable.

Cons

losing contracts, poor management, lack of direction, bad location

Ambiente lavorativo stimolante

Lavorare in AKQA vuol dire entrare in contatto con cliente di alto profilo. La professionalità richiesta è molto alta. Le giornate di lavoro non sono mai uguali, ci sono sfide diverse ogni giorno.

Liked the company but management made things difficult

I worked here as an intern and was very excited initially. I was paired with all the other interns who had different experiences from me. In my particular situation, my boss made me stay at her side at all times. She made me hover over creative directors' desks and remind them that meetings were starting when they already knew. I had multiple people warn me about her on my first day, but as a naive intern, I didn't think much of it. When the other interns would go home for the day, my manager would make me stay with her and have me order food for the office. I didn't learn anything, I was an assistant to this manager. Outside of my experience with my manager, AKQA was great and the people there were amazing. I would have accepted my offer to work there full time if I didn't have to work under my manager there at the time. Fortunately she is no longer working there.

A great place to work

A great place to work with fun as well as challenging day to day work. Managements are very easy going. You are going to have a very good working environment where you will find a lot of fun stuff to do

Worth the experience

The people there are very supportive and almost help you with everything you want. Sometimes, the office seems dull but most of the time it is jam packed with people with great energy levels.

Good agency going through a rough patch

I worked at AKQA NY for over three years and despite the massive layoffs, disintegrating leadership and sketchy financial gambles, my experience there was invaluable to my career and I worked with some of the most creative and intelligent team members and worked on some really great brands. AKQA is a good agency that fosters innovative thinking but unfortunately the top leadership do not know how to steer the ship.

Do not challenge the system

If you want to progress in this company, then you need to kiss butts. A lot. Be prepared to bow your head without a peep. Slave away when someone else doesn't pull their weight on a presso. Laugh at the pathetic jokes of the obnoxious long-haired one. And do not, as much as it may pain you, challenge the hierarchy.

Pros

Free snacks

Cons

Zero recognition for your work

A typically productive day

After grabbing a large, strong coffee and taking 15 minutes to respond and send an email an AGILE standup including all team members either physical, virtual or a combination of both thereof works for me. It's always important to have a clear picture of where the project as a whole is at and each members task status at standup. Once standup is over then it's a case of knocking off as many tasks and stories as possible to deliver as part of the current sprint. Mid-afternoon there is usually a deployment from development to staging or staging to prod. Team members verify related components and functionality behaves as expected on all supported workflows, platforms, devices, performance deployed as part of the latest build and perform regression testing. System issue & management tools are updated to reflect the status of items deployed to their new environment and any P1 bugs addressed as a priority.

Pros

Interesting, clever people

Cons

Not enough interesting, clever people

great products delivered in a good culture

everyone took real pride in their work and it shows in the consistent quality of the output. Could do with getting some more big clients so not exposed to a big boy leaving

Good client roster and general strive to produce innovative work

- Excellent client roster - Global network provides collaboration and travel opportunities - General drive to produce innovative work across disciplines - Technology team is well-respected, however, most work is creative/strategy-led

Bark without bite.

By and large, AKQA is staffed with lovely people, but it lacks direction and intelligent oversight. There's a tremendous amount of lip service and very little substantive dedication to professional opportunity and development, and a palpable caste system with an in-crowd, which is unfortunate.

Management is terrible

Things were great at the start, then they brought over a coke-head from London to lead NY. Things went down-hill very quickly after that. Agency shrunk, and GM got promoted....

Nice people, poor management

The people are great but the management is really lacking. I think the company has a lot to learn about how to treat people and how to empower teams to do their best work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AKQA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AKQA