AKRS Equipment logo
AKRS Equipment
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

AKRS Equipment Employee Reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Good Comapny to work for

Rapidly growing company. currently adding more dealership locations. offers lateral opportunities. Encourage employees to apply for current open positions posted on their intranet sight.

Pros

Balanced work days

Cons

Training

No one is kept informed about anything till it happens

They don't hold each tech to the same standards. Some are treated with special treatment. They are not a family oriented business and employees are just a number and not really respected.

Pros

Some of the people are nice

Cons

No breaks, equitment quality is poor, pay is not as good as they advertise

Great work environment, with great benefits.

A superb work environment. Super co workers, and managers. Great pay and benefits package. Paid vacation and sick leave. Continuous training year a round.

Pros

On the job training.

Cons

Productive and a great group of people to work with

Daily work is done and completed in a timely matter. Our work place is friendly and maintains the same work ethics. Our business is an AG business, therefore customer satisfaction is top priority.

Pros

breaks and great benefit package

Great Work Environment

Great place to work. AKRS Equipment treats their employees with respect. It is a growing company that has provided me with advancement opportunities. My co-workers are awesome and always help each other.

Pros

Company Culture

Workplace Culture

The Workplace Culture at AKRS can be described by the Respect we show our employees, the Trust we have in them and the Integrity they show. AKRS is a company that adapts to the evolving marketplace by providing an Engaging, Team- oriented environment where employees and management hold each other accountable for responsibilities. Learning opportunities are readily available within the company through internal training as well as opportunities through John Deere.

Pros

Great Communication

A great place to work. Enjoyed the work place.

The work you put into the job, there were great rewards, for the good work you did. A never ending learning attitudes towards the employees. I thought there benefits could have been better. But that was in 2015. The Managers I worked with were some of the best. The pay was respectible for the level of your experience.

Great Place to Work

Worked in sales. Everyone was very good to work with. Parts, service and sales all seemed to work very well together. I would recommend to anyone. I left to move closer to family, other wise i would still be working there.

Fun workplace

Awesome work environment. Good benefits package, with annual reviews, and adjustments accordingly. They have a clothing allowance for the employees that have laundered uniforms

Pros

Store meetings monthly with free lunch

Low pay, High Demands!!

Manager who cared about himself but micro-managed you every minute of the day!! Pay was cut in half and expected to do more work! Not a good place to work!!

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AKRS Equipment?

poor environment with horrible acting people

management will not control the drama within this place and allow bullying, drinking, and drug use. A select few run other employees off with their actions and again it is overlooked because they need a body plain and simple! They lie to you about having wash bays to detail the equipment in! There is only 1 dealer with a wash bay so otherwise you wash outside in the below freezing weather.

Pros

its a job

Cons

Cold, Wet, Drama, No indoor work conditions

Always looking out for their employees, training advancement

I would go back to work for plains if a position was offered. I liked the family atmosphere, other technicians would help each other. They offered a flex spend account for medical dental vision and prescription needs, which was very convenient.

Was stressful

Had a great manager, but work environment was caustic and people tended to pass blame rather than try to work through solutions. I left to work in a more balanced environment

Plains Equipment group is a great place to work. They have the technology and knowledge to help you advance and give great customer satisfaction . They are kind, good hearted people.

Pros

Free lunch at meetings. Great pay. Great Christmas parties. Good hearted people.

Cons

Technician efficiency checks.

accounting and finance

My work here was heavily numbers and spreadsheet based, with my primary responsibility being financing and paying for the whole goods equipment inventory for 15 stores.

Changing World

The company is going from small to big and just a few years. Added services and benefits. They are going through a streamlining process and some jobs are being merged. Overall it is still a good place to work.

Benefits

Cons

changes

Very Productive Workplace

We would prep jobs early in the morning for scheduled pivot set ups or repairs. Then drive to the field or location of the pivot and do any and everything on them. We fixed, repaired, maintained, built, and trenched underground in for enter pivot irrigation systems. I was sent to Reinke school so I learned a lot on the electrical and structural side of pivots. The manager there is great and teaches others a lot of knowledge on these systems and is patient with new comers. Other co-workers teach and share their knowledge and experience about pivots and show good teamwork. The hardest part of the job is you work in all the elements whether its rain, snow, humid, hot, cold, ect. The best part of the job is there is so much to learn on these machines that you will never be bored.

Pros

Paid holidays, vacation, sick, health benefits, and will pay school tuition.

Cons

Long hours in summertime, short breaks, and heavy lifting.

John Deere--

Good place to work. Very demanding. Reasonable pay/benefits. Too little time off. Some very good customers, some not so good.

Pros

Reasonable pay/benefits. Opportunity to advance in a corporate environment.

Cons

Too demanding. 11 hour days are normal. Working with unreasonable public/customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AKRS Equipment. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AKRS Equipment